Time for a Final 53 yet?

Falconcheff

2 QB...Ryan, Schaub

3 RB...Free, Ito, Olly

9 OL...Matthews,Carpenter, Mack, Lind, 'Brailo, Gono, Brown, Schweitzer, McGary

6 WR...Julio, Sanu, Ridley, Gage, Hardy, Blake

3 TE...Hoop, Paulsen, Graham

10 DL...Vic, Takk, Clay, Grady, Crawford, Senat, Davison, Bailey, Zimmer, (Shede)

6 LB...Debo, DeVondre, Foye, Duke, Grace, Carter

10 DB...Tru, Oliver, Kazee, Neal, Rico, Neasman, Cooper, Miller, Myrick, Wreh-Wilson

4 ST...Harris, Boscher, Gio, Barner

PS Etling, Zaccheus, Brooks-James, Cominsky, Larkin, Sheffield, Phillips, Bethune, Tulioti-Mariner...maybe a castoff kicker from another team (it would be nice to have an extra one around...just in case)...

I think we keep one of the Bolded names on the active roster until Shede comes back from suspension...

16 minutes ago, falconsfan4life3 said:

Both 4th round picks don’t make the 53? They would be snatched up immediately...

Zimmer/Shede will not both make it over Cominsky and same for Cooper/Myrik over Sheffield. 

I appreciate the discussion, and I know the narrative is that PS players are always gonna be snatched up...but I'm just not convinced that there's that many teams who need to bring Cominsky/Sheffield onto their ACTIVE ROSTER...especially considering Sheffield has been hurt most of preseason and hasn't really shown anything, and Cominsky flashed for one game and has been relatively absent the rest...  Our PS players are only gold in our fans' eyes; they're not really some other teams' desires...

That said, I could definitely see Cominsky making it over Zimmer; I put Zim in before Cominsky merely because Zim has already had a PS year, and Quinn has talked about him positively...but Sheffield has shown nothing this pre since being hurt, and I don't see a team intent on adding him to the active roster...

Obviously, it's an early prognostication, something to talk about.  I'd think we most all agree on about 45 of the final 53...it's those final 8 spots that are fun to discuss!

Hageman suffered a neck injury against Washington and had already missed 2 games. I know you guys want that feel good story but he hasn’t done much to earn a spot on the roster. Not to mention he starts the season with a 2 game suspension. There’s absolutely no reason to just give him a spot on the 53. 

1 hour ago, Falconcheff said:

I appreciate the discussion, and I know the narrative is that PS players are always gonna be snatched up...but I'm just not convinced that there's that many teams who need to bring Cominsky/Sheffield onto their ACTIVE ROSTER...especially considering Sheffield has been hurt most of preseason and hasn't really shown anything, and Cominsky flashed for one game and has been relatively absent the rest...  Our PS players are only gold in our fans' eyes; they're not really some other teams' desires...

That said, I could definitely see Cominsky making it over Zimmer; I put Zim in before Cominsky merely because Zim has already had a PS year, and Quinn has talked about him positively...but Sheffield has shown nothing this pre since being hurt, and I don't see a team intent on adding him to the active roster...

Obviously, it's an early prognostication, something to talk about.  I'd think we most all agree on about 45 of the final 53...it's those final 8 spots that are fun to discuss!

Sheffield and Cominsky have shown flashes in Preseason/Training camp. Both are athletics freaks that Quinn has talked up numerous times. 

Also didn’t Quinn say he was surprised both were there in the 4th round? I don't think either player is on the roster bubble & don’t see anyway that they don’t make the 53.

Sheffield has also played in 3 of the 4 preseason games so far.

Edited by falconsfan4life3

2 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Think Hageman serves his four game suspension, then gets cut, that way, if the Falcons have  injuries on the Dline, they can bring him in.

Really only 3-4  spots that are up for grabs.

where is 4 game suspension coming from? https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/09/rashede-hageman-faces-two-game-suspension/

7 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

Atleast Cominsky flashed in one game and has had Quinn hype him up during the offseason

Zimmer and Hags haven't flashed at all even against dinky *** backups.

3 minutes ago, TD_Lover said:

Atleast Cominsky flashed in one game and has had Quinn hype him up during the offseason

Zimmer and Hags haven't flashed at all even against dinky *** backups.

I honestly don't see why Hageman is even being considered to make the team outright. Like I said earlier, I understand those who were rooting for him want the feel good story but he hasn't earned a spot.

11 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Hageman suffered a neck injury against Washington and had already missed 2 games. I know you guys want that feel good story but he hasn’t done much to earn a spot on the roster. Not to mention he starts the season with a 2 game suspension. There’s absolutely no reason to just give him a spot on the 53. 

2QB Ryan/Schaub

5RB Free/Ito/Barner/QO/BrooksJames

6WR JJ/Ridley/Sanu/Gage/Hardy/Blake

3TE Hooper/Stocker/Graham

9OL Jake/Carp/Mack/Lind/SociallyAwkward/Ty/Brown/Wes/Gono

9 DL AC/Vic/Takk/GJ/Davison/Crawford/Bailey/Cominsky/Senat

5 LB Debo/Camp/Foye/Grace/Duke

10 DB Tru/IO/Keke/Rico/Kazee/Miller/Sheffield/Blidi/Neas/Ish

STs Harris/Bosher/Bryant(presumably signing tomorrow)

52 total...

Do we bother holding 2 Kickers for emergency Bryant health coverage?

I'm kind've undecided on Paulsen for 1 more year or keeping Ortiz...4th TE or a FB? That'd be 53. If we go 4th TE we use Stocker or QO as a FB when needed; given 5 RBs on the roster and no FB.

I think we get by with 5 LBs easily; considering Nickel and our new Base D using only 2 from the list of 5 (Depth Chart shows just 2 positions due to Vic/Takk counting as 3rd/4th LB if lining up as 3-4...or 5-2 has 5 DL and 2 LB conversely.

Hageman likely done due to injury; unless Falcons hold him for insurance purposes during his suspension to start the season.

Cooper/Larkin/Zimmer/Etling/Gray/Zaccheaus/Chandler/Stanley/Hill & Durrant Miles or Crawford on PS

Edited by Ergo Proxy

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

2QB Ryan/Schaub

5RB Free/Ito/Barner/QO/BrooksJames

6WR JJ/Ridley/Sanu/Gage/Hardy/Blake

3TE Hooper/Stocker/Graham

9OL Jake/Carp/Mack/Lind/SociallyAwkward/Ty/Brown/Wes/Gono

9 DL AC/Vic/Takk/GJ/Davison/Crawford/Bailey/Cominsky/Senat

5 LB Debo/Camp/Foye/Grace/Duke

10 DB Tru/IO/Keke/Rico/Kazee/Miller/Sheffield/Blidi/Neas/Ish

STs Harris/Bosher/Bryant(presumably signing tomorrow)

52 total...

Do we bother holding 2 Kickers for emergency Bryant health coverage?

I'm kind've undecided on Paulsen for 1 more year or keeping Ortiz...4th TE or a FB? That'd be 53. If we go 4th TE we use Stocker or QO as a FB when needed; given 5 RBs on the roster and no FB.

I think we get by with 5 LBs easily; considering Nickel and our new Base D using only 2 from the list of 5 (Depth Chart shows just 2 positions due to Vic/Takk counting as 3rd/4th LB if lining up as 3-4...or 5-2 has 5 DL and 2 LB conversely.

Hageman likely done due to injury; unless Falcons hold him for insurance purposes during his suspension to start the season.

Cooper/Larkin/Zimmer/Bethune/Etling/Gray/Zaccheaus/Chandler/Hill & Durrant Miles or Crawford on PS

This with Larkin and I’m good. You could sub someone for Ishmael too and I wouldn’t be mad. Man that’s a good looking roster.

18 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

2 QB...Ryan, Schaub

3 RB...Free, Ito, Olly

9 OL...Matthews,Carpenter, Mack, Lind, 'Brailo, Gono, Brown, Schweitzer, McGary

6 WR...Julio, Sanu, Ridley, Gage, Hardy, Blake

3 TE...Hoop, Paulsen, Graham

10 DL...Vic, Takk, Clay, Grady, Crawford, Senat, Davison, Bailey, Zimmer, (Shede)

6 LB...Debo, DeVondre, Foye, Duke, Grace, Carter

10 DB...Tru, Oliver, Kazee, Neal, Rico, Neasman, Cooper, Miller, Myrick, Wreh-Wilson

4 ST...Harris, Boscher, Gio, Barner

PS Etling, Zaccheus, Brooks-James, Cominsky, Larkin, Sheffield, Phillips, Bethune, Tulioti-Mariner...maybe a castoff kicker from another team (it would be nice to have an extra one around...just in case)...

I think we keep one of the Bolded names on the active roster until Shede comes back from suspension...

isn't shede hurt?

I don't think they put Cominsky on the PS, I think he makes the 53