Stephen's a-list: top 5 WRs in the NFL

fuego

Stephen A has always had mad respect for Julio, remember him doing a segment on why he’s the greatest WR before our SB matchup. 

Lol at Max saying Odell is #1 and saying he’s a transcendent player. Dude is barely clinging onto a top 5 title at this point, and you could easily make an argument Thielen, Evans, or Adams is ahead of him right now outside of the guys listed as well as AB of course. I don’t see anything “transcendent” about Odell’s game. He’s not particularly fast like Hill, great hands like Hopkins, or just a physical specimen like Julio. He’s just really good, but nothing close to what I think of as transcendent. 

The reasoning behind these opinions always baffle me. I'd rather them just drop their list and leave it at that. The only thing I always disagree with is the disrespect to Mike Evans and Keenan Allen. And there's absolutely no reason not to mention AB until he actually has a down year. Could very well happen this year but it's to be seen but opinions are opinions. Also what Cruz said at the end is spot on. The eye test is so much more important than stats. I stress that so much around here

5 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

I'll pick Devante Adam's over Tyreek Hill. 

Under new coach Matt Lafleur he should even flourish more.

Rest as is.

IMO the only reason Hill is on this list is because of his home run ability and qb that can get him the ball deep. If Alex Smith was still their QB Hill wouldn't be on this list

6 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Stephen A has always had mad respect for Julio, remember him doing a segment on why he’s the greatest WR before our SB matchup. 

Lol at Max saying Odell is #1 and saying he’s a transcendent player. Dude is barely clinging onto a top 5 title at this point, and you could easily make an argument Thielen, Evans, or Adams is ahead of him right now outside of the guys listed as well as AB of course. I don’t see anything “transcendent” about Odell’s game. He’s not particularly fast like Hill, great hands like Hopkins, or just a physical specimen like Julio. He’s just really good, but nothing close to what I think of as transcendent. 

Odell is a beast. He’s been suffering from eliism. He’s gonna ball with baker mayfield. And that’s EXACTLY what Steven A’s list was about. Not just the wr but also who’s throwing him the ball and who’s around him talent wise. Julio has Matt, Free, Sanu, and Rid. Odell has Baker, Landry, Chubb, and the TE. In NY Odell had nothing but Barkley. Eli is a shell of himself. I think he has a little left in the tank but he’s not the type of qb a player like Odell needs. Now Odell with Matt??? That would be dangerous. 

5 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Odell is a beast. He’s been suffering from eliism. He’s gonna ball with baker mayfield. And that’s EXACTLY what Steven A’s list was about. Not just the wr but also who’s throwing him the ball and who’s around him talent wise. Julio has Matt, Free, Sanu, and Rid. Odell has Baker, Landry, Chubb, and the TE. In NY Odell had nothing but Barkley. Eli is a shell of himself. I think he has a little left in the tank but he’s not the type of qb a player like Odell needs. Now Odell with Matt??? That would be dangerous. 

If Odell stays healthy it's going to be an air show out in Cleveland

Just now, octoslash said:

Antonio Brown is a better receiver than Tyreek Hill.  Hill has the afterburner jets but overall...come on. 

I didn't watch the clip, was there a reason Brown is not listed?  That's just stupid.  

You have to watch the video. It’s not about the wr himself. It’s about who’s throwing them the bqll and who’s around them. He’s saying he doesn’t Carr and there not much talent around him. 

1 minute ago, octoslash said:

Antonio Brown is a better receiver than Tyreek Hill.  Hill has the afterburner jets but overall...come on. 

I didn't watch the clip, was there a reason Brown is not listed?  That's just stupid.  

they aren't sure how he will be with Derek Carr. which is understandable but to not have him listed is stupid but opinions...…….

Just now, TheFatboi said:

You have to watch the video. It’s not about the wr himself. It’s about who’s throwing them the bqll and who’s around them. He’s saying he doesn’t Carr and there not much talent around him. 

Thanks. I appreciate that.  Frankly I don't like watching sports show hosts opine.  

I can understand that the qb is going to have a HECK of a lot of influence on their receivers, and to me I do agree that Brown might be in for quite a letdown in Vegas.  (But AB is still top five without question as a pure receiver)

1 minute ago, octoslash said:

Thanks. I appreciate that.  Frankly I don't like watching sports show hosts opine.  

I can understand that the qb is going to have a HECK of a lot of influence on their receivers, and to me I do agree that Brown might be in for quite a letdown in Vegas.  (But AB is still top five without question as a pure receiver)

No doubt. He agrees that AB is top 2. He said that. He was just including the impact of Carr. Said if he was still with Big Ben he’s #2 on the list for the upcoming season. 

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

I won’t rule that out, because I think he can definitely ball out in Cleveland. But even then, the guys I listed will likely post comparable numbers. 

Just now, The Legendary SB said:

How good would Adams be with Alex Smith at QB?

Skill wise I'd take Hill over Adams.  

Can Hill run the tree? Does Hill fit Smith's skillset more? Adams would be perfect with Smith. Hill is only a deep threat. That doesn't take much skill

7 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

If we're talking just route runners then someone like Calvin Ridley might even be top 5.  

Hill is electric with the ball in his hands.  Much more explosive than Adams.

That said skill wise Antonio Brown is better than both of them so he should have been on the list.  

why in the world are you throwing other wide receivers into the mix lol. I mentioned alex smith because he was the qb before mahommes. In 2 seasons with Smith he a little over 250 more yards combined than he does with Mahommes in one season and only 1 touchdown. Mahommes arm fits Hill better because he can hit him in stride on the deep ball much more consistently than Smith did and according to these guys logic, that's a huge reason why he's considered a top 5 wr

13 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I don't know if we've been watching the same Odell or not, but Odell is an elite route runner, the dude isn't as fast as Hill but he can still take a 10yd slant to the house EASILY, and how does he not have great hands? The guy makes circus catches every season that's how he ended up getting so popular.

I feel like y'all let your personal views influence how you feel about a players' game. Like how AB isn't in Stephen A. Smiths top 5? How can that be true if AB has consistently dominated the league for years?

19 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

I don't know if we've been watching the same Odell or not, but Odell is an elite route runner, the dude isn't as fast as Hill but he can still take a 10yd slant to the house EASILY, and how does he not have great hands? The guy makes circus catches every season that's how he ended up getting so popular.

I feel like y'all let your personal views influence how you feel about a players' game. Like how AB isn't in Stephen A. Smiths top 5? How can that be true if AB has consistently dominated the league for years?

Making circus catches is different from being reliable. When I say his hands aren’t elite, I’m talking about drops. His acrobatics are undeniable, I admit. And yes he has good speed, I’ve seen him take slants to the house many times, but his speed isn’t crazy like Hill, that’s what I’m saying. My issue isn’t that Odell isn’t a really good and maybe even great WR, but that Max and Victor are calling him “transcendent”. I don’t think that label applies to Odell.