Falcons Beatwriter

Ok. So this may be only mildly Falcons related but when will Blank or someone step in and finally tell AJC that dled is not allowed access to this organization. He trashes our first round draft picks, he trashes Arthur's prized MLS club, and continually embarrasses himself and makes the Falcons look junior class in the national media. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/ATLUTD/status/1166712954944925698

Atlanta United FC (@ATLUTD) Tweeted:
@DOrlandoAJC https://t.co/LD9GVudWJd

3 minutes ago, athell said:

tbh he sounds like a lot of posters here.  Some people just want to be miserable.  Best to ignore those people and move on about your day.

He's like an annoying fly buzzing around the room. Won't ruin my day but I'd rather just swat it away so I don't have to hear it again. 

8 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Well TBH I agree with D-Led on this. Doug Robertson need to understand winning a division in the NFL, MLB or NBA Is demonstrably more difficult than winning an MLS Cup or the 300 other participation trophies available to these soccer clubs.

But it still doesn't take away the fact that the five stipes has given Atlanta it's  first major sports championship since the 95 Braves. It may not seems like a big deal to you, and that's perfectly fine, but 70,000 plus fans say otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Well TBH I agree with D-Led on this. Doug Robertson need to understand winning a division in the NFL, MLB or NBA Is demonstrably more difficult than winning an MLS Cup or the 300 other participation trophies available to these soccer clubs.

I disagree.  These all have well paid coaches and players competing against each other.  There are only 4 teams in an NFL Division.  If it was that difficult, you would not have consecutive winners. 

There are 24 MLS teams.  One champion.  Each team has a 1 in 24 chance of being the MLS champion.  The NFL is 1 in 32, MLB is 1 in 30, and NBA is 1 in 30.  

I wouldn't make these individual Cup championships equivalent to the MLS championship, but it's not that much easier to win the MLS championship over the other professional sports.  Even if it's "slightly" better odds, we still shouldn't diminish it.  We don't diminish Green Bay's Super Bowl victories for the years when the NFL only had 16 teams.  Why should we diminish an MLS championship in a league of 24 teams?

14 minutes ago, SavvyFalcon89 said:

But it still doesn't take away the fact that the five stipes has given Atlanta it's  first major sports championship since the 95 Braves. It may not seems like a big deal to you, and that's perfectly fine, but 70,000 plus fans say otherwise.

MLS Cup is not on par with  Super Bowl, World Series or NBA Championship.  Not even remotely.  United fans need to get a grip

1 hour ago, Godzilla1985 said:

In some cases yes and some no... Atlanta United has been thru alot since winning the MLS cup last season . We lost some amazing players. We lost our head coach. Started the season off very freaking horribly. Then to add on injuries....I say within these last 50 days them boys have really turned it around and are putting on a show for the world to see. And now they are back in 1st place.  So congrats to the MLS Champ, Campeones Champ and the U.S. Open Champ.

2 hours ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Participation trophy? You win the MLS cup, you gotta make it to playoffs, then win through playoff format with a final single match elimination game just like most sports. 

MLS has salary cap just the the NFL. It's a level playing field. Nothing about winning it all is easy. 

10 minutes ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

Participation trophy? You win the MLS cup, you gotta make it to playoffs, then win through playoff format with a final single match elimination game just like most sports. 

MLS has salary cap just the the NFL. It's a level playing field. Nothing about winning it all is easy. 

Not talking about the MLS Cup. Talking about Us Cup and whatever that other trophy was.

And do you really believe the difficulty of winning an MLS Cup is comparable to that of winning a Super Bowl, NBA Championship or World Series?  It’s not remotely close and this narrative that MLS is at the same competition level as the others is totally FALSE. 

18 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Not talking about the MLS Cup. Talking about Us Cup and whatever that other trophy was.

And do you really believe the difficulty of winning an MLS Cup is comparable to that of winning a Super Bowl, NBA Championship or World Series?  It’s not remotely close and this narrative that MLS is at the same competition level as the others is totally FALSE. 

What makes it less difficult? MLS teams have no advantage over the other team. You are playing with others on the same level.

No one said MLS teams can beat the top teams in Europe. They don't compete against them. That's like saying Alabama is minor league because theyre not on NFL level. 

1 minute ago, ButSkiuup said:

It’s means quit crying like Arthur can do anything to censor an independent paper. Grow a pair and move on

LOL. Why you whining about a post on a discussion board. That's literally why message boards exists. And Dled posts stupid shiet so people can call him out and he can get responses. That's the point. 

If you don't like the post, you didn't have to read it or respond. See.... I can do the same. Grow a pair man. Just deal with it.