Víkings

Osiruz

https://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/28681/vikings-have-big-plans-for-te-irv-smith-but-history-suggests-patience

They were talking about how their new Rookie TE Irv Smith is impressing in camp and how much harder that makes them to defend. They were saying the Queens employ a lot more of 22 and 21 packages now, and how that makes their offense tough and unpredictable with Dalvin Cook as the RB and Kubiak coaching that offense. Defense also has been together for a long time (Since 2015), and should be even better this year. This is going to be a tough game for us.

Yep, it is going to be a tough one for sure. Been trying to tell folks that we've got to be ready to go on all cylinders to start the season as the Vikings are a tough matchup.

Everyone already knows about they're defense, but they're getting a healthy Dalvin Cook, bringing in Irv Smith to compliment Thelin and Diggs makes these guys a very tough team to beat.

We'll have our work cut out for us for sure. 

4 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Yep, it is going to be a tough one for sure. Been trying to tell folks that we've got to be ready to go on all cylinders to start the season as the Vikings are a tough matchup.

Everyone already knows about they're defense, but they're getting a healthy Dalvin Cook, bringing in Irv Smith to compliment Thelin and Diggs makes these guys a very tough team to beat.

Good thing your telling folks, because nobody around here could have figured it out for themselves.  #VoiceOfReason :lol:

Edited by Boise Falcon Fan

5 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

They are as stacked as any team in the NFL with Cousins running that offense. Could do some damage.

6 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

That’s every Sunday. Go on all cylinders. 

6 minutes ago, vel said:

If Cousins comes out tripping, we win running away. He can be wildly inconsistent. If he comes out hot, it's going to be very tough. That's what it comes down to for me. 

We know everybody else on that team. Very few weaknesses. Can play any style of game you want to. But I don't trust Cousins. 

Their OL was not that great last season.

Hopefully that stays that way this season. 

5 minutes ago, Cole World said:

I dont think their OL is improved much from what I've seen, but if they can get Cook going early it could give them time and us problems. Hes a really good back when healthy and he looks healthy

25 minutes ago, Cole World said:

It wasn't, but it should be good enough if they get the running game going. 30 runs and a ton of play action and the Falcons lose. Gotta shut the run down early and often and force the game into Cousins' hands. 

1 minute ago, vel said:

It wasn't, but it should be good enough if they get the running game going. 30 runs and a ton of play action and the Falcons lose. Gotta shut the run down early and often and force the game into Cousins' hands. 

Campbell Debo Keanu in the box 

Takk Grady Davison Clayborn 

Stop the run and make it third and long

Campbell/Foye/Grace/Duke (whoever they think is the better cover guy with Debo

Takk Crawford Grady Beasley

Rush em to death on third down

39 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Viqueens is what Aints fans call them. Us Falcons fans call them King of Aints. 

DeadCompassionateEarwig-size_restricted.

IMG_1636.jpg

sean-payton-choke.jpg

That's tommorow,

Cousins threw a pass with 8 seconds left on the clock to secure a 29-24 lead over the stains. 

49 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Good thing your telling folks, because nobody around here could have figured it out for themselves.  #VoiceOfReason :lol:

That's why you college team sucks....lmao

But honestly, some folks think we can afford to go into the season still trying to figure out the O-Line situation. I've been saying we've got to have it ironed out. It'll be hard enough to beat them at full strength with all our ducks in a row. If we go in there with question marks up and down our O-Line it wont be good. And it's not just them. We've got the Eagles the very next week. They've retooled their WR core and still have a nasty D-Line to contend with. If it weren't for the sudden retirement of Luck, we'd be looking at 3 straight tough matchups with teams that made the playoffs last year and are primed to do it again this year. 

And your college team sucks....:D

Edited by MD-FalconFan13

7 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Our defense is greatly improved also, forgot to mention that it seems.

about their new found offense:

RB - ATL >MIN - Questionable

QB - ATL > MIN - Absolutely

WR - ATL > MIN - Questionable

TE - ATL > MIN - Questionable

OL yet to be seen. - Ours

We always say how tough our opponents are, but we need to focus on how tough we are for our opponents! Stop being skeered!

IDK man....you're lookin' a little rosy here. 

12 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Our defense is greatly improved also, forgot to mention that it seems.

about their new found offense:

RB - ATL >MIN

QB - ATL > MIN

WR - ATL > MIN

TE - ATL > MIN

OL yet to be seen. 

We always say how tough our opponents are, but we need to focus on how tough we are for our opponents! Stop being skeered!

I disagree.

RB - ATL < MIN

QB - ATL > MIN

WR - ATL > MIN

TE - ATL < MIN

OL - ATL > MIN

Free hasn't shown us much, and Dalvin is a darn good back. 

1 minute ago, 1989Fan said:

Just refusing to be scared of another team. People seem to think this is our game to lose. Where do you think on offense we are inferior?

I'd agree with you that the Falcons have the better offense. However, the Vikings defense is much better than the Falcons, and that showed the last time these two teams played. The Falcons did little to nothing against the Vikings D, while the Vikings offense was able to do just enough. I certainly think the Falcons could win this game. However, it is a road game, it's the first game of the year, and coming out of the gate fast is not what the Falcons have done under DQ. Had it not been for the Brooks Reed sack in the final seconds of the Chicago game in 17, then the Falcons would be 0-3 in week one under Quinn. It's not about being scared of the opponent, but more about knowing the tendencies of the Falcons.

9 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Just refusing to be scared of another team. People seem to think this is our game to lose. Where do you think on offense we are inferior?

By no means should anyone be scared but we're definitely dogs in that game. Vikings are currently ~-4. Home opener, decent matchup for them. 

On offense, I think its very possible that Dalvin Cook could prove to be better than Freeman this year. If I knew both were perfectly healthy, I'd lean Freeman in a H2H comp. But I like the Vikings RB depth more than ours. Kyle Rudolph and Austin Hooper are very very comparable TEs, plus they added a young high-upside dude. Young TEs tend to struggle so I dont think that tips the balance but they're a bit deeper in terms of raw talent. 

Our WR room is deeper but in terms of target share, Thielen/Diggs are right on par with Julio/Ridley as of right now. Both of those dudes are stellar NFL WRs. 

Our OL should be better than theirs and our QB is comfortably better than theirs. 

They have depth in the secondary but Xavier Rhodes fell off a cliff over the last two years and I think they can be vulnerable there. Our problem is our defense hasnt put together a good full season since ~2011, regardless of personnel or health. Unless the level of this defense jumps significantly, we're going to have to gut out a ton of wins this year. Given that the Vikings are one of the better teams we play, I wouldnt be shocked to see us drop this game. I'd say its probably ~60/40 Minnesota right now.