ACC Network

Falconsfan567

I just found out that ACC Network is already on YouTube TV. I just had to go into my YouTube TV settings and activate it.

How can I get ACCN in time for the August 2019 launch?
ESPN is working hard to ensure that ACCN will be broadly available via video providers across the country. Carriage agreements are already in place with the following video providers: DIRECTV, Google Fiber, Hulu Live TV, Optimum, PlayStation Vue, Spectrum, Suddenlink, TVision, Verizon Fios, YouTubeTV, as well as, members of the NRTC and Vivicast Media and more. For the latest updates and list, please visit GetACCN.com. You can also contact your pay TV provider and request that they carry ACCN as part of its channel lineup.

17 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

We'll see what kind of games they give the ACC Network.

My guess is Duke, Wake, BC, Syracuse, GT and UNC will get a good share of games on ACC network. The other teams at least have a decent fan base and/or tradition (Miami, FSU, Clemson, Louisville and VT) 

Edited by Bdawg58

3 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

My guess is Duke, Wake, BC, Syracuse, GT and UNC will get a good share of games on ACC network. The other teams at least have a decent fan base and/or tradition (Miami, FSU, Clemson, Louisville and VT) 

ACC Network has some pretty good matchups (on paper) right out the gates.

• Week 1 - Virginia Tech at BC
  • Week 1 - Virginia at Pitt
  • Week 2 - Miami at North Carolina
  • Week 3 - Florida State at Virginia

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

ACC Network has some pretty good matchups (on paper) right out the gates.

• Week 1 - Virginia Tech at BC
  • Week 1 - Virginia at Pitt
  • Week 2 - Miami at North Carolina
  • Week 3 - Florida State at Virginia

Not bad games at all.. So direct TV is a yes but not uverse.  At&t hates uverse so much.  Lol

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

Not bad games at all.. So direct TV is a yes but not uverse.  At&t hates uverse so much.  Lol

The reason it's not on U-Verse is because AT&T is getting rid of U-Verse. At least that is what I understand to be in the works since they took over Directv. They even recently announced they've changed the name of Directv Now to AT&T TV.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/here-is-everything-we-know-about-att-tv-att-tv-now-att-watch-tv/

7 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

The reason it's not on U-Verse is because AT&T is getting rid of U-Verse. At least that is what I understand to be in the works since they took over Directv. They even recently announced they've changed the name of Directv Now to AT&T TV.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/here-is-everything-we-know-about-att-tv-att-tv-now-att-watch-tv/

yep.  they have been talking about getting rid of uverse from the very beginning, but the problem is uverse customer's aren't running to direct TV like they thought they would.. at&t just wants uverse to go away, but us subscribers do not want satellite.. at least a lot of us don't. 

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

yep.  they have been talking about getting rid of uverse from the very beginning, but the problem is uverse customer's aren't running to direct TV like they thought they would.. at&t just wants uverse to go away, but us subscribers do not want satellite.. at least a lot of us don't. 

There in lies the problem. Have you ever thought about switching to YouTube TV? That is what I have and I love it! I just fire it up on my Roku and I'm good to go.

5 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

My friend quit cable and got YouTube TV merely for the ACC network. Ive got direct tv now. Not sure if I can get it or not. 

YouTube TV is the best!! It's got all the local channels plus all the sports channels except NFL Network. I'm hoping it's only a matter of time on that front.

Just now, VTCrunkler said:

I’ve heard that.  You get it if you are on campus?  I didn’t have that when I was on campus. :(

Yeah, they only started doing it a couple years ago. You've got to show some kind of proof that you're living in a college dorm to get access to a streaming version of NFL Sunday Ticket.

9 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

There in lies the problem. Have you ever thought about switching to YouTube TV? That is what I have and I love it! I just fire it up on my Roku and I'm good to go.

nope.. youtube tv doesn't have a number of stations my wife and i love so i am not going to go to it yet..  however when I do cut the cord it will be to youtube tv which IMO has the best selection for both sports and the other channels we watch often.. i hate roku with a passion.. they have way too many firmware issues and glitches.  i used to use them and i dropped them for nvidia shield tv.  i will be buying a shield for each tv when i cut the cord.  

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yeah, they only started doing it a couple years ago. You've got to show some kind of proof that you're living in a college dorm to get access to a streaming version of NFL Sunday Ticket.

Would it be weird if I showed up to a community TV room on campus?  

4 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

nope.. youtube tv doesn't have a number of stations my wife and i love so i am not going to go to it yet..  however when I do cut the cord it will be to youtube tv which IMO has the best selection for both sports and the other channels we watch often.. i hate roku with a passion.. they have way too many firmware issues and glitches.  i used to use them and i dropped them for nvidia shield tv.  i will be buying a shield for each tv when i cut the cord.  

I have never had any problems with Roku's. I'm on my second one after I upgraded to a 4K one months ago. I can't stand Firesticks. I've had nothing but issues with them and I couldn't figure out how to use an Android box.

What kind of non-sports channels do you guys watch? I just recently a few days ago discovered a streaming service called Philo. It's only $20 a month because it doesn't have local or sports channels. But it's got loads of other channels. I'm thinking about getting it as an additional service to fill in for some of those channels that aren't on YouTube TV.

https://help.philo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006214074-Channel-lineup