Jump to content

Offensive Line - 2016


Rings
 Share

Recommended Posts

C92262CE-9D22-422C-BB76-9D13EC062213.thumb.jpeg.d1f3cf2e144364d17c52d48bccf1c9d4.jpegI know there have been a ton of posts about the line and how worried everyone is, and rightfully so from what they have shown so far.  This came up on my timehop from three years ago, it was week 3 against the Dolphins where Ryan was under pressure all game. We went on to the super bowl with a top 2 offensive line in the league that year.  Not saying that is happening again, but our line looked horrid in 16 and turned out just fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ButSkiuup said:

Y’all have to stop using 2016 to mask insecurities. No past year has an effect on any present year except draft position. We don’t even have 2016’s kicker or OC to win a game for us. Too many different variables 

The whole point of the post is that preseason isn’t always an accurate indicator for what to expect in the regular season. 

The oline could be terrible or it could be top 3. We’ll find out over the next couple months.

Edited by camfalcon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That line was decent because Scamhan literally masked every deficiency with superb play calling & Chester was a great run blocker . It wasn’t like the Cowboys OL . 

The OL missed Scamhan & Chester’s ability in 17 . In 18 they missed Schraeder . That’s 3 steps back since 2016 . The OC being the biggest .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, camfalcon said:

The whole point of the post is that preseason isn’t always an accurate indicator for what to expect in the regular season. 

The oline could be terrible or it could be top 3. We’ll find out over the next couple months.

We went to the SB in 2016, we can do it again. We went 7-9 last year, we can do it again. Both of those years are drastically different from the OC to the amount of injuries. That’s just a lazy argument. It’s time to start basing things off what we have seen this year, not the past which things aren’t the same. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ButSkiuup said:

We went to the SB in 2016, we can do it again. We went 7-9 last year, we can do it again. Both of those years are drastically different from the OC to the amount of injuries. That’s just a lazy argument. It’s time to start basing things off what we have seen this year, not the past which things aren’t the same. 

The point is we haven’t seen anything this year that allows us to predict this year.  Preseason shows us nothing about future success.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vel said:

What's most impressive is Matt still standing tall like nothing is happening. That's a crazy image to put things in perspective. 

People can say what they want about his athleticism, MR2 is bar none one of the toughest dudes playing his position right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ButSkiuup said:

Y’all have to stop using 2016 to mask insecurities. No past year has an effect on any present year except draft position. We don’t even have 2016’s kicker or OC to win a game for us. Too many different variables 

2016 didn't have Calvin Ridley

 

1 hour ago, Osiruz said:

We were lucky in 2016 to have one of the only healthy lines in the NFL. We need to continue to make sure we have one of the best OL while ryan is here.

OL is loaded

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

That line was decent because Scamhan literally masked every deficiency with superb play calling & Chester was a great run blocker . It wasn’t like the Cowboys OL . 

The OL missed Scamhan & Chester’s ability in 17 . In 18 they missed Schraeder . That’s 3 steps back since 2016 . The OC being the biggest .

Shanahan was a great schemer but that line was really solid as a whole and as mentioned, remarkably healthy.

2017 - Levitre was hurt and Schraeder began his decline ie 2/5 of our line was unstable and/or hurt

2018 - Levitre was hurt again, Fusco hurt, Schraeder continued his decline ie 3/5 of our line was unstable and/or hurt

2016 we saw all 5 starters (with the exception of Jake who was just shy at 978) log 1000+ snaps.

2017 we saw 2 starters with 1000+ snaps.

2018 we saw 2 starters with 1000+ snaps

The difference isn't Shanahan.  The difference is health and the decline of players like Schraeder.  The 49ers QBs combined to take 48 sacks last year.  Matt Ryan was sacked 42 times.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ButSkiuup said:

And somehow “Preseason” 3 seasons ago is the answer 

I never said preseason three seasons ago is predictive of this year, I’m saying preseason isn’t predictive of even the current year.  Let’s take a deep breath and wait and see, our other first round rook hasn’t even played yet.  But by all means, if you want to take the pessimistic jump to conclusions route and claim the sky is falling, I guess that works as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ButSkiuup said:

Y’all have to stop using 2016 to mask insecurities. No past year has an effect on any present year except draft position. We don’t even have 2016’s kicker or OC to win a game for us. Too many different variables 

Ok then. Don't you ever dare use the past or bring up any falcons losses from history ever again. THANKS!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ButSkiuup said:

Y’all have to stop using 2016 to mask insecurities. No past year has an effect on any present year except draft position. We don’t even have 2016’s kicker or OC to win a game for us. Too many different variables 

You're right. We actually have a better team than we did in 2016, especially on defense. 

:ninja:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ButSkiuup said:

Special teams worse

Coaching TBD

K worse

QB same

RBs worse

WRs better

Oline worse

TE better

Dline better

LB same

CBs worse

S same

 

 

LB the same? Debo, Campbell et al were mere pups in 2016....same for strong safety with K neal....all are significantly better than they were as rookies...come on man, I know you want to be the Mr Contrarian of the board, but at least gives us some semblance of credibility in your posting if you are going to play that role.   

Cbs worse? How so? Oliver is an unknown, but so was Collins.....Kazee is an upgrade over Poole in every aspect. And Trufant has always been a better player than alford. 

 

Like I said, defense is significantly better top to bottom than it was in 2016.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ButSkiuup said:

Special teams worse

Coaching TBD

K worse

QB same

RBs worse

WRs better

Oline worse

TE better

Dline better

LB same

CBs worse

S same

 

 

Lol. Absolute drivel. Havent played a game yet and your making assumptiins like that? Lol. Not to mention your wrong about the l.b. And safeties being same. Jones, Campbell, and Neil are all better than they were then. You cant make statemen ts like this till AFTER the season. Doing it now makes you look like a fool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...