Blair Walsh ladies and gentlemen...

athell

14 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

According to Vaughn MCclure, Taveccio supposedly changed something in his technique from last year and its is affecting his kicking. Whatever it is I hope he get it worked out.

This makes sense. The moment he stepped in the camp he was missing. I remember bringing up in camp and got crucified for saying Kicker May be a concern.

there is still time, he did get better and the. Went of the rails last game.

I love Matt. Wish he was still 38 though. We all saw the wall Elam hit when he hit it. 

Is GT the answer, or even BW? I'm not 100% sold, but I'm fairly confident we can find one. We found Matt.

Will it cost us a game? It might. It might not. No one here knows that.

Edited by Geneaut

1 hour ago, Geneaut said:

It is what it is. I'm not going to lose sleep over our FG kicker situation. 

Jason Elam kept the Falcons out of the playoffs one year. Would say the FG Kicker is in the Top-10 list of players on the team. Most of them in the NFL are very very good, so it seems like the position is not that important, but when you put one on your team that does not fall into that very very good category you will see how important having a good one is!

Just now, Cheap Talk said:

Jason Elam kept the Falcons out of the playoffs one year. Would say the FG Kicker is in the Top-10 list of players on the team. Most of them in the NFL are very very good, so it seems like the position is not that important, but when you put one on your team that does not fall into that very very good category you will see how important having a good one is!

I agree a FG kicker is a very important position. I'm not debating that. I'm just not worried about it. I have no control over it.

12 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

You’re using one kick to define him as a player. Seems logical

Aaah, the old FFS70 ignore the main part of my post and respond to a very minor point trick.

He got hurt kicking a FG, he's 44, he had back problems, and the Falcons don't seem inclined to bring him back.

If the falcons sign Bryant back, I'll be rooting as hard for him as any other player. Doubt that happens.

5 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Aaah, the old FFS70 ignore the main part of my post and respond to a very minor point trick.

He got hurt kicking a FG, he's 44, he had back problems, and the Falcons don't seem inclined to bring him back.

If the falcons sign Bryant back, I'll be rooting as hard for him as any other player. Doubt that happens.

Honest question.  If Matt Bryant would take $1m going into this season, do you think he is here or a FA?

7 minutes ago, athell said:

Honest question.  If Matt Bryant would take $1m going into this season, do you think he is here or a FA?

Good question. I'm not convinced we let him go solely for $$$ reasons, but that certainly played a part I am sure. For $1M I'd be tempted to say he'd still be on the team.

Edited by Geneaut

32 minutes ago, isproab said:

I don't like the way its trending, but Tavecchio is who you have to go with.  I personally figured if it was game 4 and he was 2 for 6, then I figured the Falcons would bring in someone else.  Walsh is here now, I'm not 100% comfortable that the kicking game is going to be "ok" right now.  Competition is healthy, I hope Tavecchio can get it together before things get real.

Missing 50+ yarders is nothing to panic about. Bryant didn't even stroke 100% from there. The 39 yarder is valid cause for concern though. One was blocked as well. I'm not panicking yet.