E. T.

Braves @ Blue Jays

377 posts in this topic

What an absolute pathetic showing by this offense the past 10 games but even more pathetic the last 2 days.

There's no excuse for it. In Colorado and then against a bunch of **** pitchers in the TOR bullpen.

Just a bad past 2 days by the offense. Good news is the Nats lost tonight so it we didn't lose any ground in the standings

TheTrue7 likes this

Dogs day of summer seem to have hit the bats. Probably slumped and now everyone is trying to hit a 10 run HR which leading to more K's. Just need everyone to take a step back and breathe.

It's like I said...if this team isn't hitting homers they're not scoring. And you **** sure can't rely on homers all the time. It's so frustrating watching them try to manufacture runs. I sure hope they get some things done on the off season.

Malachore likes this

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Dogs day of summer seem to have hit the bats. Probably slumped and now everyone is trying to hit a 10 run HR which leading to more K's. Just need everyone to take a step back and breathe.

Bad sequencing happens. Nats and Mets lost, no ground lost.

TheTrue7 and falconsd56 like this

1 hour ago, gp_74 said:

It's like I said...if this team isn't hitting homers they're not scoring. And you **** sure can't rely on homers all the time. It's so frustrating watching them try to manufacture runs. I sure hope they get some things done on the off season.

The Braves came into tonight with the 9th highest average in the majors w/ RISP. They were 10th in homeruns hit w/ RISP. That means they've been scoring plenty of runs without having to hit homeruns. Just because they're in a mega slump right now and can't score doesn't mean it's been a problem all season. The numbers disprove that.

The area of the offense that sucks, is their 2 out production w/ RISP. They're hitting only .235 in those situations. That means they either score before they get 2 outs or they don't score at all.

We've had just a total garbage week. I don't even know what day it is. But I can encapsulate it with two baseball anecdotes. Last night, while my wife and I were at dinner, I looked up and saw one pitch of the game. Yes, that one. I literally noticed the game just in time to see us lose.

Tonight, we were at dinner, and I was confused at first because I thought we were playing Colorado. Don't even know what the deal was there. I tell my wife that I hope Soroka is pitching. Turns out he is. I'm happy. I know we're going to win. He starts pitching, and I go, "Here comes a 1-2-3 inning." For no apparent reason, my wife looks up and goes, "Oh, no. Not against Bichette." She spent the rest of dinner apologizing for that half-inning...which lasted the entire meal.

That's the only baseball I've watched since the last time Soroka pitched. So, I'm the dark cloud for us right now.

4 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

For as amazing as Ronald Acuna is he sure does swing and miss at a lot of fastballs. He barely swings and misses on breaking pitches but give him a fastball and you've got a good chance at getting a swing and a miss. It's really weird.

It’s a complete mystery.  Every young player feasts on fastballs yet struggles with off speed. Not Acuña.  If he could hit fastballs like Andrew Jones he would be MVP in a landslide.

Falconsfan567 likes this

47 minutes ago, jidady said:

We've had just a total garbage week. I don't even know what day it is. But I can encapsulate it with two baseball anecdotes. Last night, while my wife and I were at dinner, I looked up and saw one pitch of the game. Yes, that one. I literally noticed the game just in time to see us lose.

Tonight, we were at dinner, and I was confused at first because I thought we were playing Colorado. Don't even know what the deal was there. I tell my wife that I hope Soroka is pitching. Turns out he is. I'm happy. I know we're going to win. He starts pitching, and I go, "Here comes a 1-2-3 inning." For no apparent reason, my wife looks up and goes, "Oh, no. Not against Bichette." She spent the rest of dinner apologizing for that half-inning...which lasted the entire meal.

That's the only baseball I've watched since the last time Soroka pitched. So, I'm the dark cloud for us right now.

The game in Colorado was the makeup game from the snow out in April. Tonight and tomorrow they're playing in Toronto. Off day on Thursday and then back home Friday for the White Sox. Dansby Swanson made his return yesterday and Duvall got sent back down until Sunday when rosters expand. The game in Colorado was really weird, Dansby was a grand total of less than 5 feet away from having 2 homeruns. But both teams hit lots of deep shots that just didn't go anywhere. It was like watching a night game at Dodger Stadium from the old days where every well hit fly ball was pretty much an automatic out because it would get knocked down by the heavy air.

The offense in the last 11 games has been nothing short of amazingly bad.

• vs. LAD - 3 R, 6 H, 5 BB, 10 SO
  • vs. LAD - 4 R, 7 H, 1 BB, 8 SO
  • vs. LAD - 5 R, 9 H, 1 BB, 5 SO
  • vs. MIA - 5 R, 1 H, 3 BB, 5 SO
  • vs. MIA - 5 R, 3 H, 5 BB, 10 SO
  • vs. MIA - 3 R, 6 H, 3 BB, 9 SO
  • at NYM - 2 R, 8 H, 5 BB, 26 SO
  • at NYM - 9 H, 10 H, 6 BB, 6 SO
  • at NYM - 2 R, 3 H, 2 BB, 12 SO
  • at COL - 1 R, 6 H, 5 BB, 12 SO
  • at TOR - 1 R, 7 H, 5 BB, 10 SO

Totals - 40 R, 66 H, 41 BB, 113 SO

Hopefully they're getting this terrible stretch out of the way now so they'll be hot again come September and into the playoffs.

jidady likes this

8 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

So if we split the 2 game series, do I continue with the threads?

24 minutes ago, E. T. said:

So if we split the 2 game series, do I continue with the threads?

Yep, splits or wins keep the streak going. 

E. T. likes this

The Braves potential NLDS opponent might be taking shape. The Cardinals have opened up a 3 game lead on the Cubs. They've won 9 of 10 and 6 in a row.

What I wanna see tonight more than anything is Folty turn in another great start. If he does that then it will be 2 great starts in a row for him and that will go a long way towards building his confidence to be the weapon the Braves need in the playoffs

falconsd56 likes this

Braves are hitting .199 in the last 10 games. They're 8-2 during that stretch. The pitching staff has a 2.12 ERA in that span. The offense is slumping but the pitchers deserve a lot of credit for stepping up and doing everything they can to give the offense a chance.

10 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

No Dansby? did he have a setback?

Doesnt appear to be anything other than Snitker easing him back in.