Ergo Proxy

McGary says he hasn’t been dealing with Afib; clarifies condition

167 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

People are just commenting based on the information provided by Kaleb.  Why is that a problem?  Kaleb said this incident wasn’t A-Fib (like previous issues) but VTak. Pretty straight forward

Well its a problem insomuch as its pretty much total conjecture about a topic about which no one has any expertise or actual knowledge. 

While I appreciate the notion that a differentiation between "a-fib" and "vtak" seems pretty straight forward, I assure you, it isnt anywhere near straightforward enough for a bunch of rando fans to start googling stuff and kicking it back and forth. 

You do you, man. Just seems kinda silly given the lack of actual, real information. 

21 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Assuming you are board certified cardiologist, with out kaleb’s medical records and scans shouldn’t  be expressing opinions.

Yeah thats reasonable as it relates to KMG. Although a cardiologist could provide fundamental opinions relative to the conditions at issue. Treatment, etiology, etc. 

8 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Well its a problem insomuch as its pretty much total conjecture about a topic about which no one has any expertise or actual knowledge. 

While I appreciate the notion that a differentiation between "a-fib" and "vtak" seems pretty straight forward, I assure you, it isnt anywhere near straightforward enough for a bunch of rando fans to start googling stuff and kicking it back and forth. 

You do you, man. Just seems kinda silly given the lack of actual, real information. 

Not all randos googling. Everything I’ve posted has been off the top of my head. I’ve been dealing with arrhythmias with a cardiac focus since 2008 and anesthesia since 2010. 

TheFatboi and athell like this

19 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

Not all randos googling. Everything I’ve posted has been off the top of my head. I’ve been dealing with arrhythmias with a cardiac focus since 2008 and anesthesia since 2010. 

If I remember correctly he made his post before you came in here so it's safe to say he wasn't talking about you.

1 hour ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

What conjecture? We know he has a heart condition and we know he has already missed time due to it.

I don't think it's un reasonable to question the trade up into the 1st rd on a player with that type of health status.

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

22 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Assuming you are board certified cardiologist, with out kaleb’s medical records and scans shouldn’t  be expressing opinions.

A lot of truth in this. Plus I saw some of these same ‘doctors’ making absolute opinions as to D Freeman’s concussions before in here as well. 

1 hour ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Yeah thats reasonable as it relates to KMG. Although a cardiologist could provide fundamental opinions relative to the conditions at issue. Treatment, etiology, etc. 

Yeah fundamental information. But this thread turned in to something else.

10 minutes ago, Vandy said:

A lot of truth in this. Plus I saw some of these same ‘doctors’ making absolute opinions as to D Freeman’s concussions before in here as well. 

I heard from TATF resident physicians that Freeman would have to retire.

Flying Falcon and Vandy like this

11 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I heard from TATF resident physicians that Freeman would have to retire.

I know man, we’re blessed to have them in here.

Concussion/Head trauma injury experts? Check

Cardiologist/ vtak/a-fib all matters of the heart experts? Check

Renaissance Men.  

On 8/26/2019 at 1:21 PM, LouDog said:

I for one and surprised that you of all people is being negative

Monks on Mt. Athos read his posts to help quell their pride.  Just about the time they start feeling good about themselves, log into TATF and *boom!* -- back on the path of righteousness!

Ergo Proxy, Vandy and LouDog like this

6 hours ago, MAD597 said:

What conjecture? We know he has a heart condition and we know he has already missed time due to it.

I don't think it's un reasonable to question the trade up into the 1st rd on a player with that type of health status.

if it's what I think it is,, Like what I've had since I was a child.. It's not that big a deal.. Now I said if.... But I think it is the same thing I've had since I was 13,, it'S NOT AS BAD AS IT SOUNDS.. AND NOT A BIG DEAL mOST OF THE TIME.

On 8/26/2019 at 10:31 PM, falconidae said:

Every medical person on this board says he's OK, all the medical experts who've commented on this say McGary will be fine. He was cleared by the NFL and by the Falcons. He's back practicing after a month, his last procedure before this one was 2 years ago. Wouldn't be surprised if he started week 1.

There really doesn't seem to be any reason to worry about his health. If you want to, or need to, feel free.

8 hours ago, MAD597 said:

You seemed to have missed my post.

7 hours ago, JDaveG said:

Monks on Mt. Athos read his posts to help quell their pride.  Just about the time they start feeling good about themselves, log into TATF and *boom!* -- back on the path of righteousness!

JDaveG likes this

On 8/26/2019 at 1:40 PM, TD_Lover said:

Lol gotta love the board doctors. We are gonna have a zombie at RT.

Soo everything will be just fine and dandy with him right ?? 

37 minutes ago, caponine said:

Soo everything will be just fine and dandy with him right ?? 

Odds are really good that is so. He's no more at risk than any other NFL player.

Ovie_Lover likes this

19 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Thats not what we're talking about. You're free to question whatever you'd like....even if you don't have sufficient information on which to base your questioning. 

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I don’t know if it’s because he’s facing backups or what but he’s looking pretty **** solid out there. Ettling just gotta get rid of the ball faster

I think Kaleb is going to do this against 1s!

ya_boi_j likes this