Ergo Proxy

McGary says he hasn’t been dealing with Afib; clarifies condition

167 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

I'll have you know the Google doctors here have exposed this lie and Kaleb is in fact a zombie.

:lol: it’s just hilarious man some of these posts are extremely asinine!!

Ovie_Lover and athell like this

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

They really act like his doctors would say "yeah you might die but go play and we'll see what happens".

TATF bro :lol:

Ovie_Lover likes this

3 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

And when discussing OC/DC calls you literally have ppl that have played the game and can make a good educated guess about play calls from a coordinator. Football isn’t rocket science or medicine. It’s the same game it’s always been. Especially if you’ve played it. Lol 

We don’t have Kaleb’s medical records...similarly we don’t have Shanny’s playbook so it all involves some educated guesses, right?

35 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

They really act like his doctors would say "yeah you might die but go play and we'll see what happens".

Len Bias, Gaines Adams, Korey Stringer, Eddie Guerrero, Reggie Lewis, Darryl Kyle, Joe Kennedy and many others would like a word with you

1 hour ago, droopy1592 said:

This is different and there are so many types of Tachycardia when it comes to the ventricle. The way cardiologists explain things to help people understand actually clouds the water. Without an ekg and vital signs to go along with it I’m not sure what kind of info I can provide. 

You know, it's possible that McGary misquoted his doctors, which is why you're confused.

"Leonard Kevin Bias was a first-team All-American college basketball forward at the University of Maryland. Two days after being selected by the Boston Celtics as the second overall pick in the 1986 NBA draft, Bias died from cardiac arrhythmia induced by a cocaine overdose."

:rolleyes:

Just now, falconidae said:

I'm reasonably certain that Bias' doctors never told him to snort  cocaine and see what happens.

Dont forget Guerrero, he had an untreated disease that cause plaque in his arteries to build up and kill him.

But that's the same as Kaleb and his fast beating heart after he has been treated.

Lewis was 27 when he died in the Celtics practice gym at Brandeis University in Waltham, Mass., on July 27, 1993. He had previously collapsed during a game, and a team of New England Baptist Hospital doctors said he had a life-threatening heart ailment and warned that his career was in jeopardy.

this is the same as being cleared right?

lol I'm done 

athell and blkbigdog35 like this

6 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Lewis was 27 when he died in the Celtics practice gym at Brandeis University in Waltham, Mass., on July 27, 1993. He had previously collapsed during a game, and a team of New England Baptist Hospital doctors said he had a life-threatening heart ailment and warned that his career was in jeopardy.

lol I'm done 

Why are you letting facts get in the way of a good argument? :)

Ovie_Lover likes this

24 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

lol I'm done 

Did they not draft him the day before?  He was cleared enough to go #1 overall

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Did they not draft him the day before?  He was cleared enough to go #1 overall

How many years apart and differences in their conditions?

When did Kaleb collapse before?

He has been getting care for some time now and had a hiccup arise.

Did any of those guys you listed die of a fast heart beat or Afib?

And if so, which ones were previously diagnosed.

Hiding medical records or downplaying health in the early 90s isn’t really the same either.

Anyway...Kaleb doesn’t seem to have had anything swept under the rug. Team doctors and doctors at the combine saw him. He was fine. Issue cropped up with a VTach episode that Kaleb says was known to have possibly not been completely cared for.

Ovie_Lover and blkbigdog35 like this

3 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Hiding medical records or downplaying health in the early 90s isn’t really the same either.

Anyway...Kaleb doesn’t seem to have had anything swept under the rug. Team doctors and doctors at the combine saw him. He was fine. Issue cropped up with a VTach episode that Kaleb says was known to have possibly not been completely cared for.

**** Ergo...if I ever need a legal consult...Im calling yo ***...lol

Ovie_Lover likes this

Just now, RING OF HONOR said:

Im trying to make sure Im ok... Surely one of the certified board doctors can help me..:ninja:

Bruh lol it’s serious in here for sure!

RING OF HONOR likes this

Posted (edited)

46 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

lol I'm done 

When athletes collapse and die from vtach it’s often a hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (sudden cardiac death) where the left ventricle is so enlarged that that a case of vtach causes the heart basically to collapse inward on itself  (for a lack of a short explanation, I’m simplifying) and not allow ANY (or very little) blood to move forward in the heart. This is more than an arrhythmia, and when McGary had a echocardiogram, I’m sure they checked his ejection volumes and fractions to rule this out. This hypertrophic condition is so awful that CPR WILL NOT likely save this persons life or help them at all. You’re basically compressing a heart that’s already compressed into itself. 

see the fat round part? That’s not normal. You can see that on an echo. I know the point of your post, I’m just explaining this so people understand. 

Edited by droopy1592

14 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I’m just giving you examples of doctors missing something and it ends up costing the player his life.  You hinted it doesn’t happen.  It does