Ergo Proxy

McGary says he hasn’t been dealing with Afib; clarifies condition

167 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

People are just commenting based on the information provided by Kaleb.  Why is that a problem?  Kaleb said this incident wasn’t A-Fib (like previous issues) but VTak. Pretty straight forward

Because no one knows wtf they are talking about and this is how misinformation gets spread?  And on this board in particular gets spread like wildfire.

As a Medic, I can tell you nothing is straight forward.  Even the most mundane procedure could kill you, and the highest risk surgery could end perfectly fine.  Patient to patient, everyone is different.  Every body reacts differently.  I can't believe you are making me agree with Larry on this one lol

Ovie_Lover and PokerSteve like this

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I know he just finished practicing but seemed like he was having hard time catching breath.  Do you attribute it to:

A) Being out of Shape

B ) A-fib

C) V-tach

D) heart attack

E) VAttack

or 

F) Death

2 minutes ago, athell said:

E) VAttack

or 

F) Death

I am so much nicer than you - I just wished the heart attack on him - you went straight for death.

athell and Ovie_Lover like this

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I am so much nicer than you - I just wished the heart attack on him - you went straight for death.

I was just bringing in all possibilities.  We can't get to @Yo_Lovers zombie RT without a little death first...

Ovie_Lover likes this

26 minutes ago, athell said:

Because no one knows wtf they are talking about and this is how misinformation gets spread?  And on this board in particular gets spread like wildfire.

As a Medic, I can tell you nothing is straight forward.  Even the most mundane procedure could kill you, and the highest risk surgery could end perfectly fine.  Patient to patient, everyone is different.  Every body reacts differently.  I can't believe you are making me agree with Larry on this one lol

We also don’t know wtf we are talking about when criticizing the calls of our OC/DC....we honestly don’t have enough info to do so, but we do it.  

If discussion is to be limited to topics we are fully qualified to discuss, this would be a dead forum

3 hours ago, chopshop said:

This does explain the four week return.  I assume we are talking about a radiofrequency catheter ablation procedure for recurrent V-tach.  This only requires (surprise!) four weeks of anti-coagulation therapy.  The ventricles (big chambers) are less likely to form clots than the smaller ones.  They basically burn the area where they have triangulated the aberrant electrical signal to be originating from.

This is a little concerning to me, as ventricular tachycardia is is more serious than atrial tachycardia.  Strokes being the consequence of atrial versus inadequate systemic perfusion and cardiac arrest with ventricular.  This is surprising, unless he has some kind of structural heart disease.  I would suspect he has recurrent non-sustained (only a few beats) ventricular tachycardia that gives him symptoms (palpitations, chest discomfort, shortness of breath).  They likely tried an anti-arrhythmic medication or two which failed.  Again, we have scant details on his actual condition based on what he's said publicly, so take it all with a grain of salt.  Regardless, glad to see he is back and I hope the procedure worked well and he can get back to crushing D-linemen.

Good break down, what are the chances he keeps playing with this condition?

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

We also don’t know wtf we are talking about when criticizing the calls of our OC/DC....we honestly don’t have enough info to do so, but we do it.  

If discussion is to be limited to topics we are fully qualified to discuss, this would be a dead forum

Not the same.  In this case we literally have people in the field telling us what is going on based on their years of experience and expertise.  Having one of them lay out in detail what the issues are, complications, symptoms etc. and have someone with zero knowledge other than google be like "Yea but..." is just silly.

You can discuss topics without making **** up.  This place would be so much better if people stopped trying to pretend to know more than they do and listen to those that do, or at least can offer up much more logical explanations.

TheFatboi, ya_boi_j and Ovie_Lover like this

20 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I know he just finished practicing but seemed like he was having hard time catching breath.  Do you attribute it to:

A) Being out of Shape

B ) A-fib

C) V-tach

D) heart attack

All the above. :lol:

g-dawg and Ovie_Lover like this

1 hour ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Anyone who isnt a board certified cardiologist or, at the very last, has completed an internal medicine residency, shouldnt be expressing opinions about McGary's current status or prognosis, imo. 

Assuming you are board certified cardiologist, with out kaleb’s medical records and scans shouldn’t  be expressing opinions.

Vandy likes this

McGary was just being smart,, I mean , IF you wanted to get picked in the draft as high as possible.  Would you say anything about your heart condition??  No,,, He's a smart man.. if he had brought it up , he probably would not have gotten picked in the first round,, So no matter what,, the guy has a head on his shoulders !  Even if he does have a racing heart  like I do..   or did,, it's been a long time since my heart has raced like it used to ... He'll probably grow out of it like I did ...  :tiphat:

11 minutes ago, athell said:

Not the same.  In this case we literally have people in the field telling us what is going on based on their years of experience and expertise.  Having one of them lay out in detail what the issues are, complications, symptoms etc. and have someone with zero knowledge other than google be like "Yea but..." is just silly.

You can discuss topics without making **** up.  This place would be so much better if people stopped trying to pretend to know more than they do and listen to those that do, or at least can offer up much more logical explanations.

And when discussing OC/DC calls you literally have ppl that have played the game and can make a good educated guess about play calls from a coordinator. Football isn’t rocket science or medicine. It’s the same game it’s always been. Especially if you’ve played it. Lol 

athell, ya_boi_j and Ovie_Lover like this

11 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

McGary was just being smart,, I mean , IF you wanted to get picked in the draft as high as possible.  Would you say anything about your heart condition??  No,,, He's a smart man.. if he had brought it up , he probably would not have gotten picked in the first round,, So no matter what,, the guy has a head on his shoulders !  Even if he does have a racing heart  like I do..   or did,, it's been a long time since my heart has raced like it used to ... He'll probably grow out of it like I did ...  :tiphat:

He didnt hide it. Teams knew.

Ergo Proxy likes this

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

He didnt hide it. Teams knew.

And they looked into it and found out it's not a big deal... But to be honest,, I do wonder if he should have messed with it or not.. That's the only thing that I'd be concerned with. 

2 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

And they looked into it and found out it's not a big deal... But to be honest,, I do wonder if he should have messed with it or not.. That's the only thing that I'd be concerned with. 

He kinda had to. Since he was having problems.

Ergo Proxy likes this

3 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

I’m staying out of this one. I don’t have the energy today. Lots of incorrect or off info in here. 

Could you go back to previous threads and just cut and paste here? It would help.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

Could you go back to previous threads and just cut and paste here? It would help.

This is different and there are so many types of Tachycardia when it comes to the ventricle. The way cardiologists explain things to help people understand actually clouds the water. Without an ekg and vital signs to go along with it I’m not sure what kind of info I can provide. 

The afib i kept kept talking about was with accompanying RVR which is a type of ventricular tachycardia that originates from the atria and is related to afib, but you typically need afib to have RVR, but he mentioned vtach which can originate from different places... sort of confusing since they don’t really do atrial AND ventricular ablations for a single arrhythmia. Reading the media reports and his response has me thinking he had multiple existing arrhythmias, which is really odd. So he had paroxysmal afib w rvr before and paroxysmal vtach now? Afib alone doesn’t really have symptoms that would have the issues he had in camp, but a ventricular tachycardia does.  The original camp episode sounds like a ventricular arrhythmia... so it could be either, but vtach after afib sounds like there could have been an issue with a previous ablation. Heart **** is weird because the treatment for one arrhythmia can actually cause another. The side effect of anti-arrhythmic drugs  is actually another  arrhythmia. I’m not certain to be honest and I’ve had a lot to drink today.  

Edited by droopy1592

This is good enough for me!  I’m in the medical field and I know that they wouldn’t let this kid near the field if there was an issue.  His cardiologist is on top of it! Just be happy he’s doing great.  

gazoo and Ergo Proxy like this

1 minute ago, blkbigdog35 said:

This is good enough for me!  I’m in the medical field and I know that they wouldn’t let this kid near the field if there was an issue.  His cardiologist is on top of it! Just be happy he’s doing great.  

I'll have you know the Google doctors here have exposed this lie and Kaleb is in fact a zombie.