Duke Riley will make this team

Osiruz

I am going to put myself out there like that and say Duke makes the team. I rewatched the Redskins game again and Duke seems to have put on some weight like Coy Wire said. He went from 219 to 230 lbs and got more stout. He made 4 good run stops in the game but the highlights were taking on the fullback and then blowing up the play for a loss on the goal line, the next play he and neasman teamed up to stop Guice again. At 13:30 in the 3rd Quarter he and Sheed stopped Perine on 3rd and 2. 

Jumping on the Duke train after his first decent showing in his career, in a predictable situation . Did you see him in coverage? Did you see him get washed out consistently before they got to the goal line ? Lol . :lol::lol: 

Duke should not make this team because he stuffed 2 runs in a pre season game . 

Carter is just as fast as Grace but always seems to just be behind the play like Duke. At least we are debating which means our LBs don’t suck terribly behind Jones and Campbell like before. Foye has experience and has been getting better and by the looks of it, at least Duke is good for a third and short or goal line stand. 

I think Riley has maybe earned a spot at the expense of Carter. They may keep 6 but I'm thinking 5.

Jones/Foye/Campbell/Riley/Grace

You also got Ishmael too if he makes it. He has LB/Safety versatility but average at best at both. Cooper may take his spot as he offers Safety/CB flexibility.

27 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

I am going to put myself out there like that and say Duke makes the team. I rewatched the Redskins game again and Duke seems to have put on some weight like Coy Wire said. He went from 219 to 230 lbs and got more stout. He made 4 good run stops in the game but the highlights were taking on the fullback and then blowing up the play for a loss on the goalie, the next play he and neasman teamed up to stop Guice again. At 13:30 in the 3rd Quarter he and Sheed stopped Perine on 3rd and 2. 

The sad part about all of our guys that have underperformed to this point is that Coaching has a lot to do with it. We have misused a lot of guys. They assumed that since Duke had speed that he would be a clone of Debo. We could have just made Duke a rusher, because he could always hit.

Just now, jeffro2000 said:

I think Riley has maybe earned a spot at the expense of Carter. They may keep 6 but I'm thinking 5.

Jones/Foye/Campbell/Riley/Grace

You also got Ishmael too if he makes it. He has LB/Safety versatility but average at best at both. Cooper may take his spot as he offers Safety/CB flexibility.

That’s what I’m thinking too. 

12 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

The sad part about all of our guys that have underperformed to this point is that Coaching has a lot to do with it. We have misused a lot of guys. They assumed that since Duke had speed that he would be a clone of Debo. We could have just made Duke a rusher, because he could always hit.

He doesnt have the size to just be a rusher

39 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Jumping on the Duke train after his first decent showing in his career, in a predictable situation . Did you see him in coverage? Did you see him get washed out consistently before they got to the goal line ? Lol . :lol::lol: 

Duke should not make this team because he stuffed 2 runs in a pre season game . 

He wasn't, he actually made several run stops.

23 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I’m not sure I agree about GRACE surpassing Foye.  What makes you say that?

He’s on his heels already. I think over time he’ll surpass Foye. His reaction time is Deboesque. His speed and attitude. He plays mean. His vision and instincts are very good too. I wouldn’t doubt if quinn tries to find a way to get them all in the field in certain packages. Deadly. 

41 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Jones, Campbell, Foye, Grace .. I guess their is another spot for Duke or Carter but stamping Duke because of 2 run stops is inaccurate because he still wasn’t good . 

Grace is/was good . 

Duke brings value with his play on special teams, and can become a serviceable backup LBer. Nothing more than that.