• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why? A Number 3 WR and draft pick for a stud defender is a great deal

@Knight of God heard anything? @Vandy this is interesting. No way we trade JJ, but I could see Sanu. I know it’s unpopular but he would be good for a young Watson and fits a big need.  Id do

If the FO trades Sanu for Clowney they have officially lost their minds.

If it’s Sanu and draft picks for Clowney, it’s a hard pass from me. Maybe if it was a player for player trade straight up, but I really don’t want to get rid of Sanu. If it were up to me, Sanu would retire a Falcon.

Clowney is overrated as h*ll. He’s started all 16 games ONCE in his 5 season career, and he didn’t even get 10 sacks in that full season. He’s never been the sure-fire sack master everyone was sure he’d be. 

Edited by shock
5 minutes ago, shock said:

If it’s Sanu and draft picks for Clowney, it’s a hard pass from me. Maybe if it was a player for player trade straight up, but I really don’t want to get rid of Sanu. If it were up to me, Sanu would retire a Falcon.

Clowney is overrated as h*ll. He’s started all 16 games ONCE in his 5 season career, and he didn’t even get 10 sacks in that full season. He’s never been the sure-fire sack master everyone thought he’d be. 

I love Sanu but I’d trade him and anything after a 3rd in the blink of an eye. I go a 2nd if we got another pick back  

I couldn’t disagree more than Clowney is overrated. He is one of the most complete Edge players in the NFL. 

You have to factor in how many pass catchers this team has. Julio, Ridley, Hooper, Freeman, Gage, Ito... that’s 6 pretty good options without Sanu and not counting the other young guys we have in Graham, Zach and others. 

14 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Texans nees a rb too.. Id say Gage and Hill to Texans is a more likely trade for Clowney.. Jmo

The only thing I see with that is the compensation isn’t even close to being equal and that the Texans wouldn’t trade a proven commodity for backups without it including high draft picks

10 minutes ago, shock said:

Clowney is overrated as h*ll. He’s started all 16 games ONCE in his 5 season career, and he didn’t even get 10 sacks in that full season. He’s never been the sure-fire sack master everyone was sure he’d be. 

I think the idea could be that Beasley and Clowney would push one another.  It could happen.

7 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

I love Sanu but I’d trade him and anything after a 3rd in the blink of an eye. I go a 2nd if we got another pick back  

I couldn’t disagree more than Clowney is overrated. He is one of the most complete Edge players in the NFL. 

You have to factor in how many pass catchers this team has. Julio, Ridley, Hooper, Freeman, Gage, Ito... that’s 6 pretty good options without Sanu and not counting the other young guys we have in Graham, Zach and others. 

Anyone saying he is overrated hasn't watched him. The most versatile defender in the game. Has played and been effective at DT,DE,MLB,OLB. That's right up Quinn's alley

10 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

The only thing I see with that is the compensation isn’t even close to being equal and that the Texans wouldn’t trade a proven commodity for backups without it including high draft picks

Maybe Free is in the deal? Actually id be ok with that.. Unless Free is healthy and runs like his old self. But only Quinn knows exactly where Free is in his recovery 

1 minute ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Maybe Free is in the deal? Actually id be ok with that.. Unless Free is healthy and runs like his old self. But only Quinn knows exactly where Free is in his recovery 

And take the cap hit by trading Free? I think not. We can cut or trade Free next year with little cap hit

21 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Thats right, and how has he looked in the few he's been allowed to even take? Maybe they are holding him back to protect him from his self.. Thats why im saying we need to hold onto Ito 

He looked good last game except the one block he got blown up on. But the defender has a full head of steam. 

Just now, NWFALCON said:

Brooks Reed probably could let him know what type of locker room ATL has. 

Just now read where Buffalo is reporting Clowney wants to go there? Idk, looks like Clowney is a hot commodity atm.. Dont want to get into a trade war with multiple teams, we'll certainly end up giving too much. Texans seems to have the upper hand atm

15 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Anyone saying he is overrated hasn't watched him. The most versatile defender in the game. Has played and been effective at DT,DE,MLB,OLB. That's right up Quinn's alley

Yeah, I think people are just looking at sacks.  It's true he hasn't been this unstoppable force he was billed to be, but he does a lot of stuff well if you actually watch him.

He is one of the better run defenders in the league, and routinely among league leaders in tackles for loss. He is a bit inconsistent at times but that's normal.