Jump to content

Just heard a stupid rumor


Recommended Posts

Caveat.  I don't believe this is true, but I believe the source.  Don't shoot the messenger.  

Just got off a call with a buddy of mine that lives outside Dallas.  He hates the Cowgirls and has always been a Texan's fan.  Even though I live in NC, he wanted to know if I had heard anything about the rumor of Clowney coming to Atlanta.  So, we was listening to a sports talk show this morning and after they rambled on about Luck retiring for an hour they said the rumor is that Clowney will be traded by Monday night.  Supposedly, the Texans want another WR badly, because I guess after Hopkins, Houston's WR's are not very good.  The rumor is that Atlanta has agreed in principle to send one of their starting WR to Houston for Clowney.  I don't like this but here is the rub on top of that.  Supposedly, Houston wants Julio.  Atlanta has said no way and is offering Sanu with a late draft pick, or one of their younger guys with a higher draft pick next year.

If this is true, and I say that is a big if because we all know how some of these sports analyst start the rumor mill, I don't like it.  I really like our receiving corp this year, but...

I think it is interesting JJ hasn't signed a deal yet and it makes sense on paper to trade someone like Sanu for a Clowney, maybe.  I don't know.

They said that Clowney will have to sign his deal prior to the trade.  They also said that "the agents for all affected parties have been in town to work out the deal".

I looked everywhere online and cannot find a thing about a trade for an Atlanta's WR.  Although I did confirm that Houston was shopping Clowney for a WR trade and there is evidence it would be done within the next week so that the players can get up to speed with their new club.

Has anybody heard anything from the Atl or national media?  Thoughts???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

Caveat.  I don't believe this is true, but I believe the source.  Don't shoot the messenger.  

Just got off a call with a buddy of mine that lives outside Dallas.  He hates the Cowgirls and has always been a Texan's fan.  Even though I live in NC, he wanted to know if I had heard anything about the rumor of Clowney coming to Atlanta.  So, we was listening to a sports talk show this morning and after they rambled on about Luck retiring for an hour they said the rumor is that Clowney will be traded by Monday night.  Supposedly, the Texans want another WR badly, because I guess after Hopkins, Houston's WR's are not very good.  The rumor is that Atlanta has agreed in principle to send one of their starting WR to Houston for Clowney.  I don't like this but here is the rub on top of that.  Supposedly, Houston wants Julio.  Atlanta has said no way and is offering Sanu with a late draft pick, or one of their younger guys with a higher draft pick next year.

If this is true, and I say that is a big if because we all know how some of these sports analyst start the rumor mill, I don't like it.  I really like our receiving corp this year, but...

I think it is interesting JJ hasn't signed a deal yet and it makes sense on paper to trade someone like Sanu for a Clowney, maybe.  I don't know.

They said that Clowney will have to sign his deal prior to the trade.  They also said that "the agents for all affected parties have been in town to work out the deal".

I looked everywhere online and cannot find a thing about a trade for an Atlanta's WR.  Although I did confirm that Houston was shopping Clowney for a WR trade and there is evidence it would be done within the next week so that the players can get up to speed with their new club.

Has anybody heard anything from the Atl or national media?  Thoughts???

@Knight of God heard anything? @Vandy

this is interesting. No way we trade JJ, but I could see Sanu. I know it’s unpopular but he would be good for a young Watson and fits a big need. 

Id do it in a heartbeat. I love Sanu but Clowney...that’s a stud defender and we do have JJ and Ridley.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

I wouldn’t read much into this UNLESS it was reported by someone with a decent history of reporting things like this and actually being close to right. I wouldn’t believe a word a friend says. That’s just me. 

According to Michael Lombardi Clowney may be traded by Tuesday

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Especially when  Sanu may be a cap casualty and Bustley may be gone in 2020. Make it happen Troff.

 

Yup. I’ll even go down shiny hood argument with you. We have a legit number 1 and #2 WR. Gage is fine as a three, and we have hardy.

I love me some Sanu, but he’s be gone if it came to Clowney. I have zero idea how the cap works out I. Trades

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

@Knight of God heard anything? @Vandy

this is interesting. No way we trade JJ, but I could see Sanu. I know it’s unpopular but he would be good for a young Watson and fits a big need. 

Id do it in a heartbeat. I love Sanu but Clowney...that’s a stud defender and we do have JJ and Ridley.

Sanu for Clowney? I’d do it in a heartbeat. 

Texans need a good receiver to pair with Hopkins as fuller can’t stay healthy.

still don’t see how we could make the money work though. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Vandy said:

Sanu? I’d do it in a heartbeat. 

Texans need a good receiver to pair with Hopkins as fuller can’t stay healthy.

 

It kinda makes sense. They run a system suited to Sanu as well. We have gage. I’d be great with this.

or trade Sanu and sambriollio. They need a RT

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LouDog said:

I would have mixed emotions if this happened. Based solely on talent i would love the deal. Clowney is a stud and while I'm a huge Sanu fan, he is our number 3 WR for a reason. It may screw up our offensive chemistry though. Our WR core all seem to really like each other and love being out there together.

If we didn’t have Ridley and an up and coming gage, I’d agree, but we’re not hurting at WR, and still have hardy. Matt is adaptable and proven. Watson needs a solid one and two wr

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Yup. I’ll even go down shiny hood argument with you. We have a legit number 1 and #2 WR. Gage is fine as a three, and we have hardy.

I love me some Sanu, but he’s be gone if it came to Clowney. I have zero idea how the cap works out I. Trades

I don't know how the cap would work either and I have no idea what the draft pick we would have to include would be.  From what my buddy said, for Sanu it was a later draft pick.  Does that mean 4th through 7th, or later than day one or two of the trade.  I don't know.  This is all speculation but it does kind of make sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So maybe (wishful thinking on my part) it's one of our lesser receiver like Gage etc.  this is only because the Texans can't sign him to a long term and about to lose him anyway.

But I still can't see how we can fit Clowney under our cap space.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Me thinks ur friend is full of doo doo.

There is no way he’s in the know.  But just like afmb, anyone can throw guesses against the wall to see if something sticks.

love to get Clowney though.

My friend was just asking based on what was on a Dallas sports talk radio show.  He's not making it up.  They didn't give any details and I think we all can agree that the sports media is not reliable.  But, it isn't an insane proposition and it has been confirmed that Houston is talking to Atlanta, the Clowney trade is supposed to be coming soon and Houston does want another WR.  I don't think anyone is giving any absolutes.  That is why I'm asking if anyone in Atlanta has heard anything on from local media?  Quick, someone call bedwetter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Yup. I’ll even go down shiny hood argument with you. We have a legit number 1 and #2 WR. Gage is fine as a three, and we have hardy.

I love me some Sanu, but he’s be gone if it came to Clowney. I have zero idea how the cap works out I. Trades

Trading team eats dead money. Not sure how that washes out this year,  but Bustley's $12.8M comes off the books next year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...