Nice list...but only 1 name shows up 3x

IamFRESCO1

2 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Nobody can argue this: Julio Jones is the single most dominant receiver in NFL history.  

Of anyone to ever play the position, Julio is the one most capable of destroying an opposing DC’s gameplan.

Eh, I would still say Calvin Johnson is the most dominant receiver I’ve ever seen, maybe even the most dominant player. 

7 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Eh, I would still say Calvin Johnson is the most dominant receiver I’ve ever seen, maybe even the most dominant player. 

Julio has the most 175 yard games, 200 yard games and 250 yard games.

Julio has more 250 yard games than every receiver in the HOF combined

3 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Yeah, I'd say Megatron, Moss, and Julio are the three most dominant receivers in the history of the game, whatever order you wanna put them in. It is tough for anyone to top peak Calvin though.

I will say it once again, Julio Jones with 2 ring would be the GOAT WRs, surpassing Jerry Rice, maybe even with a single ring. He is the most complete player to play the position. The way he instantly turn into a  SS when he saw that Cowboy attempt to intercept a rock that was intended to be his. He leveled Heath, I must watch that clip once a week, last season was my JJ Highlight of the year.

2 hours ago, Jesus said:

Jerry be like...

jerry-rice.jpg?w=640

Rice is the greatest receiver of all-time, but guys like Johnson and Moss were more dominant at their respective peaks. I say the same thing about Tony G. He’s the greatest Tight End of all-time, but I can admit that Gronk was more dominant at his best.

1 hour ago, Drew4719 said:

Rice is the greatest receiver of all-time, but guys like Johnson and Moss were more dominant at their respective peaks. I say the same thing about Tony G. He’s the greatest Tight End of all-time, but I can admit that Gronk was more dominant at his best.

Jerry was always peak.

22 hours ago, IamFRESCO1 said:

He's a monster!

LOL!! The Cardinals once gave up 253 yards receiving to Brian Hartline? Jesus help us!!

Also, I can remember playing the old Tecmo Bowl game as a kid and them having some of the NFL records on it like Flipper Anderson's 336 yards receiving and thinking "that dude has a funny name." The next thought was "the Rams used to have a good offense?" :lol:

15 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Nobody can argue this: Julio Jones is the single most dominant receiver in NFL history.  

Of anyone to ever play the position, Julio is the one most capable of destroying an opposing DC’s gameplan.

Julio Jones currently holds the NFL record for average receiving yards per game and it's not even close. He also shattered Calvin Johnson's record for fewest games to reach 10,000 receiving yards. He's only 132 yards behind Roddy for most receiving yards in Falcons history. He's 12 behind Roddy for most receiving touchdowns in Falcons history. He's done that in 698 catches. It took Roddy 808 catches to put up those numbers. The craziest thing about Julio is that he just turned 30. Give him 5 more years of top notch production and see where he ranks on the all-time NFL charts.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Julio Jones currently holds the NFL record for average receiving yards per game and it's not even close. He also shattered Calvin Johnson's record for fewest games to reach 10,000 receiving yards. He's only 132 yards behind Roddy for most receiving yards in Falcons history. He's 12 behind Roddy for most receiving touchdowns in Falcons history. He's done that in 698 catches. It took Roddy 808 catches to put up those numbers. The craziest thing about Julio is that he just turned 30. Give him 5 more years of top notch production and see where he ranks on the all-time NFL charts.

Like I said above.  Take Rice’s best 5 seasons and he still trails Julio in receiving yards over his last 5 straight seasons....by about 70 yards

4 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Like I said above.  Take Rice’s best 5 seasons and he still trails Julio in receiving yards over his last 5 straight seasons....by about 70 yards

While that is still absolutely incredible, we must still account for the difference in the way the game is played now versus Jerry's heyday of the 80s and 90s. Defenses got away with a lot more than they do now days. The offenses weren't throwing the ball around then like they do now. That is what makes the records Jerry put up amazing!! It's like the numbers Dan Marino put up. They were out of this world compared to the field.