Carter

College Football is Back! -> Miami vs #8 Florida

155 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Carter said:

UF defense doesn’t look all that hot, but it is week 1. They look like more than enough for this Miami offense tonight though. 

Miami’s defense is playing well enough to win this game if the Canes offense shows some life.

Miami OL is a mess. They're going to basically have to win in spite of it... On the upside, UF offense and Franks @ QB especially looks like garbage thus far. Miami's D could help themselves out with a defensive score or at least getting a big run back on a turnover.

3 minutes ago, AF89 said:

This should probably be a gator blowout if not for the ineptitude of thier offense to keep the ball

“This would be a blowout for Florida if their offense didn’t suck”

:ninja:

Could say the same thing for Miami, minus the turnover part. Both of these offenses suck lol

Bdawg58 likes this

Just now, VTCrunkler said:

only in college it seems like can you get consistent blown coverages missed tackles and huge momentum swings.  

Yeah, College football is something else. It wouldn't surprise me to see FL still win this game by 30+. I hope not, but College football can be nuts.

Hoping for a Miami win though don't care how.

VTCrunkler likes this

12 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Wow! Williams working with what little bit of protection he had to deliver a strike there.

He's now 12/14, 158 yards, 1 TD.  Clearly, they made the right call.

95Dawg and fibonaccisquared like this

1 minute ago, jeffro2000 said:

Yeah, College football is something else. It wouldn't surprise me to see FL still win this game by 30+. I hope not, but College football can be nuts.

Exactly.  It’s been a really entertaining first half. 

8 minutes ago, jeffro2000 said:

I would be surprised if Florida scored that much. They really haven’t done much against Miami’s defense. Like as bad as Miami’s offense has been, they have outgained the Gators by almost 60 yards and the Gators O has turned the ball over twice.

jeffro2000 likes this

Williams might just be the best player on that field, but he's also crazy inexperienced

Here's hoping Miami can get him a real OL and some better skill players (but mostly a better OL) because he could be really good with at least mediocre tools at his disposal 

Posted (edited)

26 minutes ago, Carter said:

I would be surprised if Florida scored that much. They really haven’t done much against Miami’s defense. Like as bad as Miami’s offense has been, they have outgained the Gators by almost 60 yards and the Gators O has turned the ball over twice.

Oh I don't expect that just using that as an example of what you see in college football sometimes. Stuff can snowball real quick with young players, couple of TOs, special teams blunder, & boom. It could happen to either team but Miami is younger so I signaled them out.

I agree that Miami's defense and the pressure they are getting should keep this close. Refs aren't helping them at times.

Edited by jeffro2000
Carter likes this

49 minutes ago, Carter said:

“This would be a blowout for Florida if their offense didn’t suck”

:ninja:

Could say the same thing for Miami, minus the turnover part. Both of these offenses suck lol

Yeah but they were blowing Miami off the los arguably on both sides of the ball, bout to go up two possessions (with the ball to come in the second half) when Franks completely unbidden just fumbled it and it's been Miami's game and momebtum pretty much ever since