Falcons sign kicker Walsh

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ugh.  Walsh can't hit clutch kicks.  Just bring back Money Matt and stop overthinking it.

So instead of bringing back Bryant who should have never been let go in the first place. We sign an bad kicker ?? Lol smh , yall cant really think this okay 

You have absolutely no clue what you’re talking about. Not a clue

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Vandy said:

Losing leg strength? He was 4-5 at > 50 last year, 7-7 at 40-49.....

And he still kick the ball straight, which is the problem with both kickers right now in camp.

His longest was 57, he was 4-5 on fgs of 50 or more and sometimes we had to punt because his leg wasn't doing to well (this is why we brought in giogio). I wouldn't doubt his leg declined even further this year. 

3 hours ago, athell said:

May wanna double check this...

Doubly funny because of the "on the decline" BS being thrown about here.

Bryant hit 95.2% last year.  95.2%.  Last.  Year.

Meanwhile you are going to hold onto the past and stan for a guy who, for half his career, has been in the 70 percent bracket.  Lol...out of all your terrible and factually wrong posts, this one may be the worst.  Stop posting and actually learn some football.

Yeah this is the worst go rub some soap into your eye balls. You stan for a guy who couldn't even play a whole season and sometimes we had to punt because it was out of his range. I may have misspoke as Walsh was a 92.1% kicker in the past, but he has a pretty good leg which is an asset, also sometimes it takes kickers a little white to get the mental aspect of the game down. 

9 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

Yes, this is one of the worst misses of all time.  I think it should be a career ender, seriously.

This 27-yard miss was a mental miss that is hard to explain but that apparently brought him to tears and had a major impact on his performance afterwards.

However, Minnesota did not immediately run him out of town after that miss and gave him 9 games in 2016-17 to return to early career form but instead he started becoming unreliable even on PAT's.  They cut him midseason because of how he was performing then not directly because of the big miss the prior season.

Seattle (the team he had his big miss against) signed him the next season and he performed OK but oddly had only 1 FG attempt over 50 yards which he did not make.  Did they not have any faith in him?  Were they simply more confident of Russell Wilson getting long 3rd downs or their punter tying teams inside their 5 yard lines?

After a whole season off now, could he be coming back in the same mental and physical shape he was in his early career?  Would the very fact that the first game for the Falcons be against Minnesota on the road be a major indication of whether he was mentally recovered?

4 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

This 27-yard miss was a mental miss that is hard to explain but that apparently brought him to tears and had a major impact on his performance afterwards.

However, Minnesota did not immediately run him out of town after that miss and gave him 9 games in 2016-17 to return to early career form but instead he started becoming unreliable even on PAT's.  They cut him midseason because of how he was performing then not directly because of the big miss the prior season.

Seattle (the team he had his big miss against) signed him the next season and he performed OK but oddly had only 1 FG attempt over 50 yards which he did not make.  Did they not have any faith in him?  Were they simply more confident of Russell Wilson getting long 3rd downs or their punter tying teams inside their 5 yard lines?

After a whole season off now, could he be coming back in the same mental and physical shape he was in his early career?  Would the very fact that the first game for the Falcons be against Minnesota on the road be a major indication of whether he was mentally recovered?

He’s gonna get boo’d on every kick in Minnesota. His mental toughness is going to immediately put on stage. 

3 hours ago, falconidae said:

Didn't say it wasn't true. There's an implied agreement in my post. 

So, given that Bryant was still effective when healthy last year, why has no one signed him?

He could be a Week 1 signing for one. He's old as dirt for two. The front offices of NFL teams also aren't the brightest bunch for three. Take us for example.

Hope Ryan and this offense is ready to score more touchdowns instead of always depending on Bryant's leg after netting 30+ yards and still expecting to get on the scoreboard. I can understand the fiduciary reasoning behind cutting Bryant, but ya have to stop painting it like it was some 4D Chess next level move.

2 hours ago, Wjcorner said:

He could be a Week 1 signing for one. He's old as dirt for two. The front offices of NFL teams also aren't the brightest bunch for three. Take us for example.

Hope Ryan and this offense is ready to score more touchdowns instead of always depending on Bryant's leg after netting 30+ yards and still expecting to get on the scoreboard. I can understand the fiduciary reasoning behind cutting Bryant, but ya have to stop painting it like it was some 4D Chess next level move.

Wasn't 4D chess,it was your basic, let the old guy go a year too early than a year too late move. They saved a couple of million off the cap, he was injured last year, and his replacement was 5-5 on FGs, including a 57 yarder.

2 minutes ago, stizz said:

He isn't the one making kickers nervous and rookies losing focus. What I am happy about is Quinn having a competition and letting the best man win.

It’s not just kickers, ST has penalty on pretty much every punt. Fumbling and so on. What is he coaching these guys? This is sloppiest ST preseason I have ever seen in last few years.

46 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

It’s not just kickers, ST has penalty on pretty much every punt. Fumbling and so on. What is he coaching these guys? This is sloppiest ST preseason I have ever seen in last few years.

That's what I said in my post about the rookies. Marcus Green just doesn't seem built for the NFL. Zaccheus is good WR, but he can't field a punt. If Barner starts struggling then we'l have issues.

1 hour ago, stizz said:

That's what I said in my post about the rookies. Marcus Green just doesn't seem built for the NFL. Zaccheus is good WR, but he can't field a punt. If Barner starts struggling then we'l have issues.

Barner is not a rookie, he has been around for 5 years. It just seems none of these rookies have shown improvement in ST.  I would be closely watching the ST, just doesn’t appear to be well coached.

11 hours ago, athell said:

May wanna double check this...

Doubly funny because of the "on the decline" BS being thrown about here.

Bryant hit 95.2% last year.  95.2%.  Last.  Year.

Meanwhile you are going to hold onto the past and stan for a guy who, for half his career, has been in the 70 percent bracket.  Lol...out of all your terrible and factually wrong posts, this one may be the worst.  Stop posting and actually learn some football.

Maybe go back and look at Bryant's first 5 seasons. He wasn't all world with the Giants, indy,  Miami, or Bucs. Yes the years he was with the Falcons were some of his best, but kickers often times take longer to develop than the other positions. Maybe it's because teams cling to the older kickers like security blankets, so the young guys don't get a real chance until their late 20's. Walsh had it, and then lost it, so you can bet he's hungry and wants it back.

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

Barner is not a rookie, he has been around for 5 years. It just seems none of these rookies have shown improvement in ST.  I would be closely watching the ST, just doesn’t appear to be well coached.

I didn't say Barner was a rook. I was saying the others can't handle the job and are rookies, that shouldn't have a take on what our ST coach is doing.

Edited by stizz