CrimsonFalcon

Falcons sign kicker Walsh

247 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

You have this narrative built up in your head that Quinn and TD are refusing to contact Bryant out of stubbornness. 

1. You don’t know if Bryant can actually still play

2. You don’t know that Bryant WANTS to play

3. You don’t know that Quinn or TD have actually contacted Bryant or not

4. If Bryant is truly still the elite kicker you proclaim him to be, why is he unemployed?

You’re not smarter than our HC and GM. Stop acting like you know better 

I know that he should be here , and not Walsh. And yep I certainly do 

5 minutes ago, caponine said:

Lol no you don’t. You don’t know jack. You’re just in love with the kicker that used to be here. You have no idea why he’s not here for sure. But I guarantee you, the reason(s) are definitely different than the ridiculous one that you’re suggesting

50 minutes ago, falconidae said:

What more established, higher upside kicker would the falcoholic like the Falcons to bring in? Dawson ? he's 44 too, Cantnzaro? who just retired at 28 because he couldn't handle the pressure of the NY media. Nugent? whose been on 4 teams in 4 years. Forbath? again, 4 teams in 4 years.

I looked at the FA list for kickers and the pickin's are slim.

HIs kicking issues aside, Blair Walsh is one of the better FAs out there right now. Unless people want to roll with an unknown rookie FA...and who wants that.

10 minutes ago, caponine said:

Why hasn't any kicker needy team already signed him?

3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Lol no you don’t. You don’t know jack. You’re just in love with the kicker that used to be here. You have no idea why he’s not here for sure. But I guarantee you, the reason(s) are definitely different than the ridiculous one that you’re suggesting

Not as ridiculous as our kicker missing a 30 yard field goal lol , yeahhh think I'd rather have Bryant. 

Flying Falcon likes this

Just now, falconidae said:

Why hasn't any kicker needy team already signed him?

His injury last year maybe ?? 

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

He's 44, he hadn't done kickoffs in years, he hurt himself making a kick last year. Missed a couple of extra points last year [ have no idea if they were blocked or bad snaps]

List of  effective kickers over 44 is really short. I mean, love Bryant's attitude and appreciate all the made kicks, but no one defeats father time.

If Bryant was here , all the people worried about "Italian melt" would be worried that every kick from Bryant  would be season ending for him.

And, for all the people wanting another kicker, Walsh is one of the better free agent options out there.

44 minutes ago, Cole World said:

1 minute ago, caponine said:

Not as ridiculous as our kicker missing a 30 yard field goal lol , yeahhh think I'd rather have Bryant. 

You’re ignoring the facts. Everything I’ve said in my last 2 posts has proven you wrong. But keep dreaming that you’re smarter than Quinn. 

3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

You’re ignoring the facts. Everything I’ve said in my last 2 posts has proven you wrong. But keep dreaming that you’re smarter than Quinn. 

When did I say I was smarter :huh:, aint nothing has been proven. You do know a team may sign him  right before the season starts which is what alot of teams do ?? 

2 minutes ago, caponine said:

When did I say I was smarter :huh:, aint nothing has been proven. You do know a team may sign him  right before the season starts which is what alot of teams do ?? 

Then why did you say “Quinn is refusing to admit he made a mistake?” That’s nonsense. 

5 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Then why did you say “Quinn is refusing to admit he made a mistake?” That’s nonsense. 

Because he did , why would you let a kicker like bryant go. ?? Yeahh he had 1 injury season but hes not the first 

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

So was Roberto Aguayo 

Nah man I’ll take this dude...it’s mental. Or I’ll ride with Aguayo vs George.

1 minute ago, caponine said:

Because he did , why would you let a kicker like bryant go. ?? Yeahh he had 1 injury season but hes not the first 

You really believe they parted ways for no good reason? 

2 hours ago, athell said:

Yeah Quinn said right after game 3 Matt wasn't coming back.  Walsh isn't the answer tho...

and in two months when those "Bring Back Money Matt!" chants from the fans turn into "Fire Dan Quinn!" chants because our record sucks because we've lost several games because the kicker has missed game winning field goals, we will all know why won;t we?

Flying Falcon likes this

2 hours ago, caponine said:

So instead of bringing back Bryant who should have never been let go in the first place. We sign an bad kicker ?? Lol smh , yall cant really think this okay 

Bryant is done. 

1 minute ago, The RiseUp Avenger said:

and in two months when those "Bring Back Money Matt!" chants from the fans turn into "Fire Dan Quinn!" chants because our record sucks because we've lost several games because the kicker has missed game winning field goals, we will all know why won;t we?

If a kicker misses a game winning kick, you’ve lost for several other reasons 

1 minute ago, The RiseUp Avenger said:

I'm not ready to go there just yet.  GT did well in spot duty last year when it counted, so I'm not ready to jump off the cliff just yet but it could be a concern down the road you are right.

2 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Bryant is done. 

2nd highest FG% in his career last year.  Bryant is not done due to him not being able to kick the ball through the uprights anymore.

If Bryant is such a hot available item, then why has no other team signed him? 

Perhaps he does not really want to come back and is happy in retirement or maybe his physical health or age are really unfavorable at this point.

I am not saying I would love to have the Bryant of years past on our roster but there has to be something more than money deterring him being here as his cap hit would likely be only a single season and be nothing compared to the contracts being given to Grady, Julio, Ryan, etc.

Bryant was a reject of the Buccaneers that turned out well so maybe Giorgio or Walsh could be a reject of their prior teams that eventually works out for us.

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

If a kicker misses a game winning kick, you’ve lost for several other reasons 

How many Ws do the Falcons have over the last decade thanks to Matt Bryant! so many they are COUNTLESS! Don't have that much faith in the goofball thats been kicking this preseasn. Willing to give Walsh a shot, but still don't have a good reason not to bring back Bryant

Flying Falcon likes this

3 minutes ago, athell said:

I'm not ready to go there just yet.  GT did well in spot duty last year when it counted, so I'm not ready to jump off the cliff just yet but it could be a concern down the road you are right.

2nd highest FG% in his career last year.  Bryant is not done due to him not being able to kick the ball through the uprights anymore.

nobody has signed him, chances are we won't see him on the field again.

2 minutes ago, The RiseUp Avenger said:

How many Ws do the Falcons have over the last decade thanks to Matt Bryant! so many they are COUNTLESS! Don't have that much faith in the goofball thats been kicking this preseasn. Willing to give Walsh a shot, but still don't have a good reason not to bring back Bryant

Maybe because he can’t kick anymore? Again, why is Bryant unemployed if he’s such an elite kicker? 

Falconsfan567 likes this

2 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

If Bryant is such a hot available item, then why has no other team signed him? 

Perhaps he does not really want to come back and is happy in retirement or maybe his physical health or age are really unfavorable at this point.

I am not saying I would love to have the Bryant of years past on our roster but there has to be something more than money deterring him being here as his cap hit would likely be only a single season and be nothing compared to the contracts being given to Grady, Julio, Ryan, etc.

Bryant was a reject of the Buccaneers that turned out well so maybe Giorgio or Walsh could be a reject of their prior teams that eventually works out for us.

He is only a hot name right now because of who he is to this franchise.  He is a Falcon Icon, who by all accounts (per himself and his wife) still wants to play, is still working out and preparing to play, while we watch his replacement falter during the preseason.  I'm not ready to freak out over this, but it's a pretty logical connection for the fans.