Jump to content

Rivals ... Who do you respect the most?


Tandy Gossett
 Share

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Saints: Drew Brees, one of the best ever. Not ashamed to admit it 

Panthers: Kuechly is a monster

Bucs: Ronde Barber or John Lynch 

Sapp and rice, games against the bucs use to be the worse time of the year. Then boys were bullies, the Seahawks before the Seahawks. I'll just say that whole defense, matt would have Brady rings by now 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/23/2019 at 7:39 PM, Tandy Gossett said:

I can't like Brees because of all the Katrina Ref stuff. He got a lot of breaks, still does too. Hard for me to find a Taint to like honestly. 

 

No way we could have won this game if Vick was at his best. 

 

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahah!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Sapp and rice, games against the bucs use to be the worse time of the year. Then boys were bullies, the Seahawks before the Seahawks. I'll just say that whole defense, matt would have Brady rings by now 

Matt didn’t have to deal with that bucs defense like that. Vick was the one they gave problems to. Derrick Brooks was so fast he couldn’t run away from him. And Sapp wouldn’t let him slip thru tiny creases. It was bad. Lol. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bucs: Sapp, Brooks, Barber, Lynch. 

Saints: Brees

Pats; Brady, Edleman 

 

I was just telling somebody today that the prototype of the kind of linebackers and DT’s that everybody covets now came from the Bucs. Derrick Brooks was the original Debo type backer. Undersized and fast. Sapp is the original Grady. Squatty, quick and strong. That defense set a trend in the nfl and shut down the #1 offense in the SB that year. Speed everywhere. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does one really have to "respect" their enemies rather than simply just "fear" them?

The US hopefully did not respect the Russians during the Cold War as much as fear them, the US and Western Europe did not respect Hitler as much as fear him in WWII, and the Jedis did not respect the Emperor as much as fear him in the Rebellion.

Respect is a positive feeling that seems to only encourage these players to remain our enemies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mike Evans...mainly for the reason I swore up and down that guy was going to be a bust, an absolute pile....and he is a ****ed good receiver in the NFL and I have to begrudgingly see him smoke Trufant every time we play them. We took Matthews 1 pick before him...I probably would do it again, but that would have been ridiculous to have Julio across from Evans. It wouldn't have happened at the time because of Roddy, but its cool to dream.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/23/2019 at 8:34 PM, JD dirtybird21 said:

Saints: Drew Brees, one of the best ever. Not ashamed to admit it 

Panthers: Kuechly is a monster

Bucs: Ronde Barber or John Lynch 

Brees and Kuecly for sure. For the Bucs, it would be Sapp or Brooks for me.

Edited by 4dabirds
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saints only because of Drew Brees. Can't even hate the guy. Pure class and one of the best to ever play the game. Amazing comeback story after he was written off by San Diego.

Panthers I can't stand because of Cam Newtons antics. Respected the **** out of Delhomme. 

Bucs I respected back during the monster defenses of the early 2000s. It was insane how pedestrian they made Michael Vick look every time. His speed disappeared when we played that defense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Saints only because of Drew Brees. Can't even hate the guy. Pure class and one of the best to ever play the game. Amazing comeback story after he was written off by San Diego.

Panthers I can't stand because of Cam Newtons antics. Respected the **** out of Delhomme. 

Bucs I respected back during the monster defenses of the early 2000s. It was insane how pedestrian they made Michael Vick look every time. His speed disappeared when we played that defense.

The Tampa games were the two yearly reminders that Vick needed to learn how to become a competent pocket QB. His biggest strength was basically completely negated in that matchup, which is incredibly impressive for the Tampa defense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bucs it was Alstott. I had to hold my breath every time he got the football. That man ran through people like he was on a mission. Panties I always respected Steve Smith. I liked his passion for the game. Stains? Only one I'll ever respect is Brees. You gotta respect what he's done in his career there.

Edited by Hard2BaBirdWachr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...