A Picture Is Worth 1000 Words

55 minutes ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

He's the most overrated QB in NFL history. I'll give him 2 great plays that he made. The Tyree Houdini Escape and the throw up the sideline to...I think Manningham...in the Super Bowl. Outside of that....he's in the Jeff Hoestettler/ Trent Dilfer area. Look at his career stats and accomplishments in Wikipedia. He's literally done nothing as a QB.

:wtf:

4 minutes ago, Jesus said:

So he's tougher with better longevity in the league. 

Definitely tougher.  But not a great QB over the course of his career.  9 of 15 years under 4,000 passing yards.  1.3/1 TD/INT ratio.  Ands 60% career completion %.  These aren’t good numbers in today’s NFL.   Don’t you think?  Maybe I’m off...

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

Someone on reddit had a crazy idea to mix the wildcard

Have an AFC vs NFC wildcard so an NFC team could end up winning the AFC playoffs or vice versa.

Edit: just to be clear all the wildcards would be mixed not just one 

I would be all for implementing the crossover rule that the cfl has. For example, If the 7th place team in the nfc went 10-6 but was going to miss the playoffs, they could “cross over” to the afc and replace the 6th seed if that team only won 9 games.

3 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

I have a feeling that Eli will still somehow get the last laugh for now.

I think the Still-Faced Assassin(good Eli) could be in for one last hurrah since his job is really on the line right before retiring.

2 hours ago, federicofalcon2 said:

It wouldn't surprise me to see Eli ride Barkley and this offense to a NFCE title and once last playoff appearance before losing and handing over the reigns to Jones

Doubt they win 6 games with Eli at QB.

1 hour ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

He's the most overrated QB in NFL history. I'll give him 2 great plays that he made. The Tyree Houdini Escape and the throw up the sideline to...I think Manningham...in the Super Bowl. Outside of that....he's in the Jeff Hoestettler/ Trent Dilfer area. Look at his career stats and accomplishments in Wikipedia. He's literally done nothing as a QB.

You had me till you referenced looking him up in the Wiki. 

56 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Doubt they win 6 games with Eli at QB.

That's Eli fashion though.

He goes on to win it all when no one expects him nor the Giants to do so. A highly motivated Eli is a great QB when it matters.

This season will either be a really good one for Eli, or one of the worst of his career. No in-between.

10 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

That's Eli fashion though.

He goes on to win it all when no one expects him nor the Giants to do so. A highly motivated Eli is a great QB when it matters.

This season will either be a really good one for Eli, or one of the worst of his career. No in-between.

Naw man, he’s toast. And has been for several years. 

10 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

No, he isn’t.  He will get in, but not 1st ballot.  After 16 years you should have gaudy stats

And his 116-114  W/L record isn’t  HOF worthy

Of course he is. Warren Moon is 102-101 for his career. He's in the hall.

If 60000 yards, 400 TDs and 2 super bowl rings doesn't get you in the Hall of Fame first ballot than the Hall of Fame shouldn't exist.

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

Of course he is. Warren Moon is 102-101 for his career. He's in the hall.

If 60000 yards, 400 TDs and 2 super bowl rings doesn't get you in the Hall of Fame first ballot than the Hall of Fame shouldn't exist.

60,000 yards over 16 seasons = 3,750 yards per year.  Not impressive.

400 TD’s over 16 seasons = 25 TD’s per year

280 INT’s over 16 seasons = 17 INT’s per year

116 Wins and 114 Losses.

Outside of longevity and 2 SB’s, this isn’t a HOF career.  Certainly not 1st ballot

13 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

60,000 yards over 16 seasons = 3,750 yards per year.  Not impressive.

400 TD’s over 16 seasons = 25 TD’s per year

280 INT’s over 16 seasons = 17 INT’s per year

116 Wins and 114 Losses.

Outside of longevity and 2 SB’s, this isn’t a HOF career.  Certainly not 1st ballot

3 players in NFL history have 55,000 yards, 360 TD, and 2+ super bowl rings. Eli, Peyton and Brady. But again not good enough for Eli.

Only five players have won multiple super bowl MVPs. Three are in the hall, all first ballot. The other two are Eli and Brady. 

Obviously doing great things in the NFL is not good enough to get into the Hall of Fame. I guess that makes sense.

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

3 players in NFL history have 55,000 yards, 360 TD, and 2+ super bowl rings. Eli, Peyton and Brady. But again not good enough for Eli.

Only five players have won multiple super bowl MVPs. Three are in the hall, all first ballot. The other two are Eli and Brady. 

Obviously doing great things in the NFL is not good enough to get into the Hall of Fame. I guess that makes sense.

Without the rings does he get into the HOF?