Osiruz

Falcons named one of the landing spots for Clowney

543 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Nereek said:

1 yr rental or not. The deal will probably have to include Matthews since I doubt they would settle gono or Ty. 

Trading Jake Matthews for Jadeveon Clowney is very dumb.

NeonDeion and falconidae like this

9 hours ago, Knight of God said:

It’s not happening 

I wish it would though. He’s a ******* good player, plus it would make all those who’ve been bashing these speculation threads proclaiming “there’s absolutely no way in ****” over and over again, eat it. :ninja: 

Knight of God likes this

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

I wish it would though. He’s a ******* good player, plus it would make all those who’ve been proclaiming “there’s absolutely no way in ****” eat it. :ninja: 

I agree 100%

Vandy likes this

8 hours ago, FalconKick said:

Congrats on 20 pages everyone!

How did Clowney look in practice in a Falcons uni?

Some /purp for effect 

10 hours ago, Vandy said:

I understand what you’re saying, it’s good outside-the-box thinking. 

But he’d be a year older, rusty from a year off, and a distraction to team. Doubt they’d Get near as much.

How much is a team going to give  up this year for a 1 year rental?

3 hours ago, Vandy said:

I wish it would though. He’s a ******* good player, plus it would make all those who’ve been bashing these speculation threads proclaiming “there’s absolutely no way in ****” over and over again, eat it. :ninja: 

My only problem with these types of threads is they always 1) go way south because people think real life is Madden and 2) people start believing it so when it doesn't happen it's "THANKS TD!  COULDA HAD HIM FOR A <insert pick>!  WE WERE LINKED TO HIM (when we never were) DIMI DROPPED THE BALL HERE!"

8 minutes ago, athell said:

My only problem with these types of threads is they always 1) go way south because people think real life is Madden and 2) people start believing it so when it doesn't happen it's "THANKS TD!  COULDA HAD HIM FOR A <insert pick>!  WE WERE LINKED TO HIM (when we never were) DIMI DROPPED THE BALL HERE!"

There is a 3rd option which this thread proves:

3) A United group of posters will call out those who entertain the idea as being either dumb, dreamers, fake news etc...

Not saying you’re one of them, either.  

Vandy likes this

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

3) A United group of posters will call out those who entertain the idea as being either dumb, dreamers, fake news etc...

I am all of those things (LoL) and I don't think the trade will happen.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

8 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I'm all of them lol

RING OF HONOR likes this

Just now, athell said:

I'm all of them lol

It's funny I've only seen one poster who used the term fake news against him but I'm sure he forgot who :lol:

And I dont think anyone was running around saying dumb in this thread or anything like that. 

athell and RING OF HONOR like this

13 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

This is more what I was referring to...

27 minutes ago, athell said:

Love to have him, but I think Clowney was unrealistic, we’re pretty much set at DL. 

But last year not making a move to get Michael Bennett and then sticking with J Richards when Neal went down was stubborn incompetence by management. 

athell likes this

Just now, TD_Lover said:

It's funny I've only seen one poster who used the term fake news against him but I'm sure he forgot who :lol:

And I dont think anyone was running around saying dumb in this thread or anything like that. 

I mean, my first reply was "Speculation pieces are so dumb" so I own that.  I could have used a better choice of words I suppose.

But really, and my beef wasn't with OP, is really with sports media.  It's lazy and irresponsible and it seems to be getting worse.  I just dislike how a guy can take something like "Atlanta Falcons should consider a trade for Clowney" and somehow it turns into "Clowney a landing spot for Atlanta".  Like I could pump out article after article about who I would like the Falcons to go after, and some may even make sense, but that doesn't mean anything in reality because I'm just a dude on the internet.  

Ovie_Lover likes this

54 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Stills and Drake isn't a lot. Not much different than the Falcons giving up Hardy and Hill.

And , I'll believe it when the trade is actually made. 

Pretty evident a trade will be made. Clowney is an asset who would help a lot of teams even in just a one year rental, they’ll have to give up value to get him.

i wish we had the cap space.

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

This is more what I was referring to...

Love to have him, but I think Clowney was unrealistic, we’re pretty much set at DL. 

But last year not making a move to get Michael Bennett and then sticking with J Richards when Neal went down was stubborn incompetence by management. 

That is a perfect comp, Vandy.  Bennett was an actual target we were actually going after.  No problems with that, and yeah you know how I feel about us not landing him.  Huge mistake.

Vandy likes this

1 minute ago, athell said:

That is a perfect comp, Vandy.  Bennett was an actual target we were actually going after.  No problems with that, and yeah you know how I feel about us not landing him.  Huge mistake.

I don’t know what they were doing last year man. We (you & I) talked about team lack of depth all that offseason, long before any injuries occurred.

This year depth was addressed. I think we’re set. 

athell likes this

8 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I don’t know what they were doing last year man. We (you & I) talked about team lack of depth all that offseason, long before any injuries occurred.

This year depth was addressed. I think we’re set. 

Yes sir!  Agreed!

Vandy likes this

Just now, athell said:

I mean, my first reply was "Speculation pieces are so dumb" so I own that.  I could have used a better choice of words I suppose.

But really, and my beef wasn't with OP, is really with sports media.  It's lazy and irresponsible and it seems to be getting worse.  I just dislike how a guy can take something like "Atlanta Falcons should consider a trade for Clowney" and somehow it turns into "Clowney a landing spot for Atlanta".  Like I could pump out article after article about who I would like the Falcons to go after, and some may even make sense, but that doesn't mean anything in reality because I'm just a dude on the internet.  

Exactly. All these guys do is take their opinion "Atlanta should get Clowney" and turn it into "Atlanta looking at Clowney".

athell likes this

36 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Pretty evident a trade will be made. Clowney is an asset who would help a lot of teams even in just a one year rental, they’ll have to give up value to get him.

i wish we had the cap space.

Lot of speculation that a trade will be made. 

If they trade Vic, they have the cap space.

1 hour ago, TD_Lover said:

Exactly. All these guys do is take their opinion "Atlanta should get Clowney" and turn it into "Atlanta looking at Clowney".

And what was once 10 teams is now 5...none of which are Atlanta.

Drew4719, Ovie_Lover and ya_boi_j like this

26 minutes ago, athell said:

And what was once 10 teams is now 5...none of which are Atlanta.

And, Atlanta can come back into the mix if talks don't work out with the other teams.

Vandy likes this