Osiruz

Falcons named one of the landing spots for Clowney

543 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

For a 1 year rental? Dafuq 

Even w/o the one year rental thing, i don’t think I would trade Matthews for him even up TBH...best ability is availability and I don’t want to lose a pro bowl LT.

teams arent gonna give much if Clowney makes them believe he is running to PHI or SEA in FA. Plus he won’t sign the tender unless they trade him to a spot he will go, so they aren’t getting much for him...HOU botched this whole thing big time.

1 yr rental or not. The deal will probably have to include Matthews since I doubt they would settle gono or Ty. 

20 minutes ago, Nereek said:

1 yr rental or not. The deal will probably have to include Matthews since I doubt they would settle gono or Ty. 

I assume you're joking, but trading Jake costs the Falcons 20 mil in dead money.

Dirtybird3 likes this

39 minutes ago, Nereek said:

No it wouldn't. They know they can't expect that type of player in exchange for a one year rental

26 minutes ago, LouDog said:

No it wouldn't. They know they can't expect that type of player in exchange for a one year rental

They just tried to get Tunsil and a first round pick for Clowney. 

2 minutes ago, Nereek said:

They just tried to get Tunsil and a first round pick for Clowney. 

Yes and once everybody turns down their ******** demands they will change them

2 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Key word there is tried.

And they will keep trying to get something.

2 minutes ago, Nereek said:

And they will keep trying to get something.

They aren't getting 4 starters and a draft pick. Their best bet is to just let Clowney just sit this year. Every week that he sits out,they get almost a mil back in cap, next year, they can franchise him again, trade him when other teams cam sign him to a long term deal.

32 minutes ago, falconidae said:

They aren't getting 4 starters and a draft pick. Their best bet is to just let Clowney just sit this year. Every week that he sits out,they get almost a mil back in cap, next year, they can franchise him again, trade him when other teams cam sign him to a long term deal.

At least 2 of those starters will be gone next year, 1 is injury prone. 

49 minutes ago, Nereek said:

At least 2 of those starters will be gone next year, 1 is injury prone. 

And the Falcons would miss them this year and the 4th one has a 20 mil dead cap hit if traded.

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

99.99999% chance this isn’t going to happen and y’all boys still trying to figure out how to make it work. GG

There ya go....:tiphat:

ya_boi_j likes this

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

And the Falcons would miss them this year and the 4th one has a 20 mil dead cap hit if traded.

Which is why we won't be trading for Clowney.

3 hours ago, falconidae said:

No, his highest value to them is now. Letting him sit for a year depreciates his value to other teams. The longer they wait, the less they’ll get for him. 

16 minutes ago, Vandy said:

No, his highest value to them is now. Letting him sit for a year depreciates his value to other teams. The longer they wait, the less they’ll get for him. 

That's balanced out by teams being able to sign him to a long term deal before they trade for him next year.

Vandy likes this

20 minutes ago, falconidae said:

That's balanced out by teams being able to sign him to a long term deal before they trade for him next year.

I understand what you’re saying, it’s good outside-the-box thinking. 

But he’d be a year older, rusty from a year off, and a distraction to team. Doubt they’d Get near as much.