Osiruz

Falcons named one of the landing spots for Clowney

543 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

My biggest problem with all of this is I'm just not sure if I'd give up Sanu, honestly.

Yeah thats my thought as well. There were rumors that we were looking at trade offers for him though(not sure of the validity of this). To me. The Dline looks solid enough now. If we had last years Dline id be jumping up.and down for it. We are solid, deep,and good at the position. We arent exceptional by any means but solid enough to let our lbers roam, and create errant throws with consistant pressures. We wont be top 5 in sacks but we will be top 5 in pressure %. A.C., And Takk have very high pressure % and Davison will help shrink pocke ts and improve our run defense. We will be top ten in run D and top 5 in pressure %. Were going to create turnovers this season. Clowny might put us over the top, but we just need a competant defense to complime nt our offense. Idt Clowney will influence the game more than Sanu.

6 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

But hes turned the corner as a player the past two seasons. He is t the same player he was when he came into the league. Dan Quinn coukd turn him into a perrineal probowler. That said I wouldnt give Sanu for him. Sanu is too impotant to the offense.

Falconsfan567 and blkbigdog35 like this

57 minutes ago, HEIST said:

Who the **** still uses MSN?

The same folks that still use AOL. I used to have a hotmail account about 15 years ago that kept getting hacked no matter what I named the password and so I finally told hotmail and MSN to suck it.

Tim Mazetti likes this

51 minutes ago, Vandy said:

The same ones who aren't glued that day to their TV sets for all the in-depth coverage of ESPN.

Back in the old days of coming home from school and turning on ESPNews.

Drew4719, Malachore and Vandy like this

29 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

My biggest problem with all of this is I'm just not sure if I'd give up Sanu, honestly.

That's exactly what I keep saying. Mohamed Sanu means more to the Falcons success in 2019 than Clowney would.

7 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

But hes turned the corner as a player the past two seasons. He is t the same player he was when he came into the league. Dan Quinn coukd turn him into a perrineal probowler. That said I wouldnt give Sanu for him. Sanu is too impotant to the offense.

No doubt he would excel here but definitely can’t give up Mo!!

30 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

You must have missed the report today we called them about it.

I only seen one report stating those claims, which means it's true or it ends up being false.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

2 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Cant disagree with the father time argument. However I feel Foye and Grace make Campbell expendable next season. Im not concerned with the cap.stuff anymore as.philly is pursuing Clowney and they are 3+ mil over the cap right now. Really hope he doesnt go there. 

i think the window is actually more open than it was in 2017, even though the rate of it closing is quicker than it was in 2017 if that makes sense.

The window is definitely open. It can stay open indefinitely with the right moves. I can see it closing sooner than I saw a couple of years ago if we have an off-season of bad moves. Those first-year deals allowed us to pursue veteran players that the 2015 rookies have become on this team. We need to find the cheap and young talent to be to the maturing Debo and Freeman what Sanu and Mack were to them when they were younger. It's like Yin/Yang. You need good young players and good seasoned players. It's hard to hold on everybody, so astute talent acquisition is absolutely imperative.

9 minutes ago, LouDog said:

That made zero sense :lol:

What's the problem? I only seen 1 source stating Falcons talked with Texans about Clowney, which means it's either true that we did or this rumor is false.

Just now, Nereek said:

What's the problem? I only seen 1 source stating Falcons talked with Texans about Clowney, which means it's either true that we did or this rumor is false.

They said we did so that means we either did or didn't? Just sounds funny dude 

26 minutes ago, Nereek said:

I only seen one report stating those claims, which means it's true or it ends up being false.

Which can be said about every claim in history

LouDog likes this

11 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Everybody knows the floor is lava.

My 5 year old just said floor is lava as I read your post. She says it at least 50 times a day

1 minute ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Which can be said about every claim in history

Yeah thats what I was getting at :lol:

Posted (edited)

Yall missed the part where Clowney has to agree upon the place he's going because he has to sign the tender.. Hes already said no to Miami 

Edited by ⚡Slumerican⚡

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Back in the old days of coming home from school and turning on ESPNews.

Now those were the good old days, my friend. 

How’s your father-in-law?