Osiruz

Falcons named one of the landing spots for Clowney

543 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Honestly, my gut says Kaleb will be up to speed soon, Gono could play in a pinch, and whomever RT we had this year we had plans to support him as needed.

I’d do it.

I would as well

Ergo Proxy likes this

6 hours ago, mtldirtybird said:

if anything it's Brown who played RT in the past. Carp has always been a LG

No he hasn’t. 

1989Fan likes this

21 hours ago, falconidae said:

Grabbing Clowney would be an all in move, which is incredibly unlikely. Falcons would have to absorb his 15 mil cap hit, and, while that's possible, that would be so disruptive to the team and the cap as to be practically impossible.

And this team IS set up to roll for several years. They've spent the money paying their own players, not splurging on FAs. Last major FA  contract was Mack, which was certainly worth it. Got to make some hard cuts next year, but a good bet the replacements for those cuts are on the roster now.

Clowney would be more like Poe, an all-in, one-year rental. 

Poe was a very underratedly good signing for us. As you know, falcons came a lot closer to going back to SB in 2017 than peeps realize.

And our window is closed tighter now than it was in 2017. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

On 8/25/2019 at 10:28 PM, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Takk has rushed from inside too hasnt he?

Yup. And Bailey has rushed from outside as well.

Allen’s more than ‘just’ a power guy, he can bend around the edge well for a guy as big as he is.

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Clowney would be more like Poe, an all-in, one-year rental. 

Poe was a very underratedly good signing for us. As you know, falcons came a lot closer to going back to SB in 2017 than peeps realize.

And our window is closed tighter now than it was in 2017. 

I think that, if they can find a replacement for Mack, the window stays open for a few years.

Ergo Proxy likes this

Just now, falconidae said:

I think that, if they can find a replacement for Mack, the window stays open for a few years.

Oh I agree, but it is closing little by little.

My bigger point is this year is one of our best opps....A Clowney trade could be the move that puts us over the top. 

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Oh I agree, but it is closing little by little.

My bigger point is this year is one of our best opps....A Clowney trade could be the move that puts us over the top. 

If you trade Vic, you should be able to swing the trade, just not sure I'd pull the trigger on that deal. Still be worried about Clowney's knee holding up.

Fitting the 15 mil under the cap would be tricky without trading Vic.

What you might see is a 3 way trade- say we give Vic to Washington, they give Williams to Houston, Houston gives Clowney to us.

Ergo Proxy and Vandy like this

Posted (edited)

I got a theory on the Falcons and Clowney thing.  Clowney is from South Carolina, played at South Carolina and made it known back in 2014 that he wanted to be drafted by the Falcons.  That means that he told Houston that the Falcons are one of the teams he wants them to trade him to.  I don't believe the Falcons have contacted the Texans about him one bit.  Houston may have called and got laughed at by what they wanted from the Falcons and no further discussion has taken place. The Falcons are just a name and nothing else.

Edited by slickgadawg

36 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

I got a theory on the Falcons and Clowney thing.  Clowney is from South Carolina, played at South Carolina and made it known back in 2014 that he wanted to be drafted by the Falcons.  That means that he told Houston that the Falcons are one of the teams he wants them to trade him to.  I don't believe the Falcons have contacted the Texans about him one bit.  Houston may have called and got laughed at by what they wanted from the Falcons and no further discussion has taken place. The Falcons are just a name and nothing else.

Read the post above your’s.

8 hours ago, Vandy said:

Yup. And Bailey has rushed from outside as well.

Allen’s more than ‘just’ a power guy, he can bend around the edge well for a guy as big as he is.

Ive noticed. How do you feel about.the.DL now? While its not.loaded with stars I feel like its loaded with solid rotational guys where we notice an obvious dropoff.in production as they are rotated in.and out. Lightyears ahead of.last seasons rotation, particularly at DT.

Vandy likes this

5 minutes ago, Cole World said:

Read the post above your’s.

He heard?  Regardless of who called who, I'm pretty sure Atlanta is on Clowney's list but Houston is trying to get half a team for Clowney which is not gonna happen...

1 minute ago, slickgadawg said:

He heard?  Regardless of who called who, I'm pretty sure Atlanta is on Clowney's list but Houston is trying to get half a team for Clowney which is not gonna happen...

Reports are they are being reasonable and not asking for too much. 

Cole World and Ergo Proxy like this

6 minutes ago, falconidae said:

I thought other teams couldn't talk to clowney?

Yeah, I'm pretty stunned about that too. Wouldn't that fall under the tampering rules?

1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Ive noticed. How do you feel about.the.DL now? While its not.loaded with stars I feel like its loaded with solid rotational guys where we notice an obvious dropoff.in production as they are rotated in.and out. Lightyears ahead of.last seasons rotation, particularly at DT.

Agree completely. TD/DQ did a solid job on DL. Very impressive considering the limited cap space, all the while locking down Debo/Jarrett and eventually Julio.

If raw DL Cominsky and Senat contribute anything, that will be gravy. 

Frankly Slobby, I would really love to have Clowney, but team did such a solid job in building rotation we just aren’t that desperate to make a trade for him.. 

Seriously though if.we.could.make.the money work i would trade a.second and third for him. That value is obviously 31sr overall if.were.picking 10-15. That seems fair for  both sides. Dudes health issues have been blown out of proportiin and he is tye quintessential (no pun intended) Quinn guy. Has played,and been effective, at DT, DE, MLB, OLB. Obviously wont play LB here but couod still rush the passer from sam.

if we.can make the money work somehow(not saying we.could) then just pull the trigger.i woukd have no problem with Beasley,.Sombreilo, and a 3rd either. Idt Ty will have a significant roll this year, and will just be cut after this season anyway as long as Gono shows hes a legit swing tackle. Neither of those guys will be here in 2020, and I'm sure.we.woukd find a.way to keep.Clowney even if it.meant leting Hooper walk. Graham.seems to be emerging and could limit the dropoff by next season.

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Agree completely. TD/DQ did a solid job on DL. Very impressive considering the limited cap space, all the while locking down Debo/Jarrett and eventually Julio.

If raw DL Cominsky and Senat contribute anything, that will be gravy. 

I really dont see.how they could have done any better shoring up both lines. DL is deep all of.a.sudden when we had Grady, Crawford, Takk, and crap after that last season. Honestly dont see Hageman making the.53 but dude should catch on.elsewhere thanks to us buying him a bowl of.soup.

Drew4719, Draftnut57 and Vandy like this