Osiruz

Falcons named one of the landing spots for Clowney

543 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

If that happens, there should be an entertaining thread or two to come out of it with that great prognosticator and President of Brian Hill fanclub  @Draftnut57 right in the middle of it all......

Schwarzwald and Falconsfan567 like this

42 minutes ago, Vandy said:

If that happens, there should be an entertaining thread or two to come out of it with that great prognosticator and President of Brian Hill fanclub  @Draftnut57 right in the middle of it all......

No ... no.... ,, I don't think it would be Hill...  He's to good to let him get away...  

3 hours ago, slider said:

I'm not a Clowney or Vic fan but we already have Vic and DQ seems to think, or at least he did, that Vic is worth 12.5M for what he can get out of him. I suspect they'd want Clowney and Tak on the field together instead of Clowney and Vic so the question is...is the position worth throwing 28+ million at Clowney and Vic for what the two would give them at that position opposite Tak versus the 12.5M that Vic alone would give you?

To me, any trade would have to include Vic and his money coming off the books. In that case you get Clowney for 15.9Mil for one year vs. Vic for 12.5M for one year. That's probably doable but is it worth it? These things usually don't work out well and I've never been a big fan of Clowney so I'd say no deal but I would've never kept Vic either. They could've drafted and developed the next guy already. Maybe they can hit gold with Cominsky for next year and gain 12+ Mil on the cap in the process.

Vic's money is fully guaranteed, if he's cut or traded, falcons have 12.8 mil of dead money this year.

Schwarzwald likes this

2 hours ago, falconidae said:

Vic's money is fully guaranteed, if he's cut or traded, falcons have 12.8 mil of dead money this year.

I don't believe that's how guaranteed money works in the event of a trade. Dead money in trades comes from prorated signing bonuses hitting the cap all at once. If Vic were traded his entire 12mil comes off because he was not paid a signing bonus.

MSalmon, HASHBROWN3, Vandy and 1 other like this

25 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

I don't believe that's how guaranteed money works in the event of a trade. Dead money in trades comes from prorated signing bonuses hitting the cap all at once. If Vic were traded his entire 12mil comes off because he was not paid a signing bonus.

Thanks for pointing that out, I was wrong.

Schwarzwald likes this

1 hour ago, Falcanuck said:

My understanding as well.

MSalmon and Schwarzwald like this

8 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

And Sambrailo...Texans want an OL out of the deal...

We could make it happen...

I'd be cool with it. I like Gono as our backup RT 

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

Thanks for pointing that out, I was wrong.

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Not just you bro, a whole bunch of folks in here been misstating that. 

My fault as well.

Trades just move base salaries to new team and the bonuses etc get slapped on the current team?

I don’t know how I forgot back when this was clarified during the possible trade for Zeitler discussion happened.

I would like to know if the inability to sign Clowney to a long term deal is still in place due to the post July 15th rule carrying over.

What that does mean is we take his tag hit without a new deal and it’s doubtful we can sign him longterm as well...

Edited by Ergo Proxy
MSalmon likes this

3 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

My fault as well.

I would like to know if the inability to sign Clowney to a long term deal is still in place due to the post July 15th rule carrying over.

What that does mean is we take his tag hit without a new deal and it’s doubtful we can sign him longterm as well...

Yes.

A one-year rental before he hits open market.

Schwarzwald likes this

Just now, Vandy said:

Yes.

A one-year rental before hits open market.

Would be more likely to get a valuable compensatory pick in 2021 draft from Clowney in UFA than Vic; Unless Vic goes off big time this year.

MSalmon and Vandy like this