Just a little joke we need to listen to. And then go get Bryant

egghead

There's a joke about a guy who some reporters notice treats his lady so good and respectful. So they interview him. "What is the secret to how well yall get along???" The young groom says, "After we got married, we took our horses out to the beach to ride a little. The horse saw a hole in the beach and instead of jumping over it, he rared up and, my lady Jennifer fell off the horse. She looked at Applejack, her horse, and said, 'That's once.' -- She got back on him and we rode a bit. Applejack saw a snake and again rared up. My darling Jennifer fell off again. She looked at AJ and said, 'That's twice.' - She got back on and we rode some more. Applejack saw a log. Rared up and knocked her off again. My dear darling Jennifer said, 'That's 3 times,' took out her gun and shot him dead.--- I told her, 'Honey that is insane!!!. How could you do that? You loved that horse. You've had him from since he was a pony. How could you??? You are crazy!!!' She looked at me, pointed her finger and said, 'That's once.' -------------- Bring back Matt Bryant. Tavecchio has missed more than 3 and I think in 3 games in a row. No. I don't know the cap situation. But I know the Bears are probably looking. Once he's gone. He's gone. --- Or at least someone else. I know Tavecchio has tried hard. But as our former wi...wi...wise President G. Bush Jr once said, " "There's an old saying in Tennesee- I know it's in Texas, probably Tennessee.... that says, fool me once, shame on...uh..shame on you. Fool me ...(pause)....you can't get fooled again." 

Edited by egghead

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

Bryant isn't the answer. He can't kick without injury. I'll never understand how you guys don't understand this.

That's why I said, "Or at least someone else" in my post. --  I know I'm not as knowledgeable as you guys there in Atlanta (I live in Dallas area). I know about his injury but I don't know the depth. So I said that maybe someone else. But Tavecchio has missed quite a bit. One of the weak links at the moment. Can you imagine playing a game and Tavecchio coming in at the last second to try and tie or win it??  I be chewing my nails.

Italian Ice was solid last season. Bryant is past his prime and unreliable as well. Can’t make/miss kicks if you get hurt. I’m fine with giving him some more time to “figure it out mentally” but hope the coaching staff is looking at other options. There aren’t a lot of stud kickers just waiting in the wings. 

Edited by WisFalcon

I love that George Bush quote if for nothing else to get a chuckle out of him struggling to nail it down lol

But I think Tavecchio just has to find his rhythm again. The funniest part about the people clamoring for Bryant, he got cut for the same reason from Tampa, just for him to find his stroke again in Atlanta. And the Bucs have been struggling to find a kicker ever since. Kickers have slumps sometimes. Bryant had a couple in his career. He was sub 85% his entire career until 2010. Only hit above 82% once in his first five years in the league. He wasn't some robot like fans are acting like. 

His last three years here, Bryant was 18/22 from 50+ (82%), from 30-39, he was 22/26 (85%). Right now, Tavecchio has missed two 50+ yarders, had one blocked, and missed a 39. Shlt happens. No different than Bryant. 

On 8/23/2019 at 11:07 AM, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Prediction: neither Tavecchio nor Bryant will be a Falcon by Game 1.

Ain't gonna argue with you on that one. But even if not Bryant. I just think someone else needs to get gotten (Man. What a sentence). I'd love to see Tavecchio. But missing kicks in really a no-pressure situations (exhibition games). Just does not look good right now. --- Not really counting the 'replacing Bryant" pressure. And like WisFalcon said. There probably aren't a lot of great kicking pickups out there.

On 8/23/2019 at 10:45 AM, WisFalcon said:

Italian Ice was solid last season. Bryant is past his prime and unreliable as well. Can’t make/miss kicks if you get hurt. I’m fine with giving him some more time to “figure it out mentally” but hope the coaching staff is looking at other options. There aren’t a lot of stud kickers just waiting in the wings. 

Yeah. You ARE right about there not being like really good kicking prospects out there. Hope it gets fixed somehow though.

On 8/23/2019 at 11:45 AM, WisFalcon said:

Oh please stop with the Italian Ice... LOL. There is nothing icy about him...  Maybe Italian Dicey.

dicey

adjective
 UK /ˈdaɪ.si/ US /ˈdaɪ.si/informaldicier | diciest
The company's finances look a little dicey.
Synonyms
chancyinformal
dodgy (NOT RELIABLE)uk informal

On 8/23/2019 at 10:47 AM, vel said:

I love that George Bush quote if for nothing else to get a chuckle out of him struggling to nail it down lol

But I think Tavecchio just has to find his rhythm again. The funniest part about the people clamoring for Bryant, he got cut for the same reason from Tampa, just for him to find his stroke again in Atlanta. And the Bucs have been struggling to find a kicker ever since. Kickers have slumps sometimes. Bryant had a couple in his career. He was sub 85% his entire career until 2010. Only hit above 82% once in his first five years in the league. He wasn't some robot like fans are acting like. 

His last three years here, Bryant was 18/22 from 50+ (82%), from 30-39, he was 22/26 (85%). Right now, Tavecchio has missed two 50+ yarders, had one blocked, and missed a 39. Shlt happens. No different than Bryant. 

Not to mention, that after the Falcons signed Bryant in 2009 he only hit 7 of 10 field goals. Then there was 2 or 3 years ago early in the season he missed a couple easy kicks and everyone started calling for the Falcons to find a new kicker. It's ridiculous!!

On 8/23/2019 at 11:45 AM, WisFalcon said:

Italian melt. He has long way to earn the ice.