Goober Pyle

Giorgio Tavecchio’s struggles give Falcons more worry than they want about their kicker

35 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

You realize they looked like this in 2016, then went on to the super bowl, right?

Yeah -- that's why I said fortunes can change.  They can!  But we need to improve because the season is about to start and we have some issues!

3 hours ago, vel said:

Chris Cooper is turning out to be a very nice find. I think Sutton had the inside scoop on him, but he reminds me a little of Chauncey Gardner Johnson coming out of Florida. A versatile DB, not just a safety or corner. Put him out there and he does is thing. 

Agreed, Chris Cooper has been impressive.  There were even reports coming out of camp that the coaches were real impressed with Cooper.  I believe that he will make the final roster.

1 hour ago, DogIsYourName said:

I got that assumption because Matt Ryan has been hit about 20 times in less than a full game's worth of plays, Clairborn looks like our most consistent pass rusher, and our kicker is shanking half of his attempts.  We have to improve if we're going to win 10+ games.  There have been moments when the lines have flashed some abilities but I'm definitely not just going to blindly buy the hype!

No you’re more the blindly panic over irrelevant preseason games kinda guy.

12 minutes ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

Falcons can't re-sign Bryant unless he signs for the vet minimum (not enough cap space). 

Maybe bring in someone young like Younghoe Koo to compete.

He kicked well for the Atlanta Legends: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001021822/article/younghoe-koo-legend-grows-as-atlanta-wins-2320

I have no idea why but i really want hin to do well... Probably just the cool name. 

MilleniumFalcon likes this

Posted (edited)

For once I wish the Falcons stars were more aggressive about this to get things done. Say something like "We've got a good team and I'm excited to see a new competition at kicker to get the best out of everyone. I really like what the Bears did and will be exciting to see who can perform in an open competition." If Ryan or Julio said something like that no one would bat an eye and it would effectively force TD to act now. Team is way too talented to lose games because of a kicker. 

Edited by stizz

31 minutes ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

Falcons can't re-sign Bryant unless he signs for the vet minimum (not enough cap space). 

Maybe bring in someone young like Younghoe Koo to compete.

He kicked well for the Atlanta Legends: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001021822/article/younghoe-koo-legend-grows-as-atlanta-wins-2320

I’d love it if we gave him a shot. Even though all those kicks were short, so was the one Tavecchio just missed last night. 

7 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

I see a lot of 4th down conversions this season

I would expect them & they must  go on ALL 4TH DOWNS over their own 35 yards and beyond. 

And, would not mind if they went 50% to convert on 2pts

7 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

I would expect them & they must  go on ALL 4TH DOWNS over their own 35 yards and beyond. 

And, would not mind if they went 50% to convert on 2pts

LoL ridiculous. We were spoiled.