Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Dan Quinn on Special Team

5 posts in this topic

Falcons head coach Dan Quinn was asked following his team's 19-7 loss to the Redskins if he’s concerned about the kicker position moving forward. One week after saying he had "great trust" in Tavecchio, he responded to the question by saying the evaluation process remains the same for every position, including kicker.

“I think like everything, we’re going to evaluate that spot like others as well,” Quinn said. “That’s what the preseason is for is to get the chance to look at guys to see what they can do and develop players. It’s definitely a spot we’re continuing to evaluate and that’s always the case.”

Our ST unit is kind of a mess based on what I've seen.  Redskins game saw better coverage and fewer penalties but Kotwica needs to get our FG kicker's head right (I will no longer refer to him my any cool names until I don't worry he will miss < 50yd FGs).   I do not want to carry Barner (like him but need the spot he would take) and I'm almost to the point of believing that we should just go with Hardy, fair catch and get the ball in the offense's hands.  I just haven't seen anything from Green to justify a roster spot.  I really like OZ as he has more upside as a WR than Green but he too has put the ball on the ground twice (in his only two attempts I believe).  Nice to see Bosher getting more air under his punts in the past two games.

Flyin' In DC likes this

ST mistakes are more on individual players. Barner was fav to win the job, bigger concern is the kicker. Get some competition for next week at Kicker.