Ergo Proxy

Is Neal gonna be slapped with just a fine?

36 posts in this topic

For this...

They didn't show a replay of the hit at the stadium tonight. Just now seeing from this angle.

I hope Neal isn’t suspended on this one. Fine probably coming tho.

Bunchy Carter likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is hard due to human anatomy to dive at a ball carrier without leading with the helmet. Tacklers try to make hard contact with the top of the shoulder pads and unfortunately everyone’s head sprouts right up through the middle of the pads. Maybe doctors could relocate the head to a safer location like the small of the back in the future. It would make eating and taking a dump more challenging, but would reduce concussions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all bs, you're always leading with your head, no matter how you try. Then its so fast and a moving Target, it's gonna happen. It's never gonna stop, as long as it's tackle football. Guys fighting for extra yards, you're trying to stop him, his head comes down too, could've just gave up earlier. This one sided crap is BS. It's just gonna happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’ll be fined. I doubt anything else will happen. It’s hard to line up tackles/hits perfectly when a player is moving. It’s harder when he’s already being wrapped up because the player has much less predictable movement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn’t see the game, but that clip is like a poster clip of what the NFL is looking to prevent. Arms were down, head was down and lead w the crown of the helmet. Hope a fine is all...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Neal didn't do anything wrong? Head turned lead with shoulder.. Shouldn't even been a penalty 

He lead with the crown of his helmet, smh cmon man. Theres no justifying or defending this. Campbell already had him wrapped up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

Didn’t see the game, but that clip is like a poster clip of what the NFL is looking to prevent. Arms were down, head was down and lead w the crown of the helmet. Hope a fine is all...

Some people on here would say " nice form tackling".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dirtier Bird said:

It is hard due to human anatomy to dive at a ball carrier without leading with the helmet. Tacklers try to make hard contact with the top of the shoulder pads and unfortunately everyone’s head sprouts right up through the middle of the pads. Maybe doctors could relocate the head to a safer location like the small of the back in the future. It would make eating and taking a dump more challenging, but would reduce concussions. 

Pretty sure we have the technology for this. I see lots of people with their head up their @$$.  Never realized they were football players. Don’t think they realized it or much else either though.

Dirtier Bird likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriousness I see both sides on this. Guy isn’t down yet, if he’s broken the wrap up and Neal went in there with the DB shoulder bump and head up everyone would complain he didn’t wrap up and blah blah.

On the other hand he knew he was hitting the upper part of the guy since dude was leaned forward - and it’s a preseason game.  Getting in regular season hitting form is one thing, but make a “business decision” in preseason for both players sake.  I’m more worried about Neal getting a concussion (or a suspension) on that play as my team’s guy frankly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Yes. Regardless of the angle, Campbell was tackling Reed, and Reed was defenseless.

Reed was dragging Campbell. Wtf are they supposed to do? And he wasn’t defenseless. He had already caught the ball and was running hard. Maybe he should’ve gone down at first contact with Campbell instead of running hard for extra yards. It’s a bang bang play and there’s nothing you can do about them. They’re gonna happen. The game is too d@mn fast and the person that thinks too much in that situation is gonna get himself hurt. Keep playing your game Neal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JC Falcon said:

Seriousness I see both sides on this. Guy isn’t down yet, if he’s broken the wrap up and Neal went in there with the DB shoulder bump and head up everyone would complain he didn’t wrap up and blah blah.

On the other hand he knew he was hitting the upper part of the guy since dude was leaned forward - and it’s a preseason game.  Getting in regular season hitting form is one thing, but make a “business decision” in preseason for both players sake.  I’m more worried about Neal getting a concussion (or a suspension) on that play as my team’s guy frankly.

Neal went in with his shoulder. The problem is and akways will be the speed of the game and how fast the intended strike zone changes. There was nothing intentional about the hit. It was bang bang. And it’s not like Reed wasn’t trying to get as many yards as he could. Instead of penalizing the defensive guy maybe the offensive guys should cease trying to get extra yards or go down as soon as they get the first contact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, caponine said:

He lead with the crown of his helmet, smh cmon man. Theres no justifying or defending this. Campbell already had him wrapped up 

He lead with his shoulder you could see him trying to hit him with his shoulder. They’re gonna get somebody killed. How is he supposed to hold his head up when his shoulders are down? He’s gonna break his f*ckin neck trying to hit like that with force. This is exactly how I know you never played. Because if you had you’d know it’s im f*cking possible to keep your head up in all tackles. Sometimes yes. Most times no. Now unless y’all want guys to just run up and down the field because the defensive guys are making sure their head is up don’t be upset if they score. Just say well at least they’re keeping their heads up. Their getting ran over but they’re being safer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Statick said:

And this was my fear of penalties going against Neal and how he plays.

He's not going to win.

Keep playing your game Neal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Reed was dragging Campbell. Wtf are they supposed to do? And he wasn’t defenseless. He had already caught the ball and was running hard. Maybe he should’ve gone down at first contact with Campbell instead of running hard for extra yards. It’s a bang bang play and there’s nothing you can do about them. They’re gonna happen. The game is too d@mn fast and the person that thinks too much in that situation is gonna get himself hurt. Keep playing your game Neal. 

Reed was going down. They're considered defenseless when they're not in the position to brace themselves. It may be a bang bang play, but Neal could have knocked himself out as well. By the way, I am in no way calling it dirty. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Neal didn't do anything wrong? Head turned lead with shoulder.. Shouldn't even been a penalty 

That is Cr*p.  I tend think the game has gotten soft, but Neal lead with his head and made no attempt to wrap up.  I don't see how he doesn't get a big fine, but hopefully nothing else.  This was fundamentally bad tackling and looks like he was targeting the head.  I don't think he was, but I can see why people would think he was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should not have been a penalty.  There is no rule that you have to "wrap up" a ball carrier.  Neal led with his shoulder which unfortunately is connected to his head which makes it look like he lead with the helmet.  In actuality its the guys that are wide armed trying to wrap up that generally called for helmet to helmet.  He hit him the exact same way that he hit Evans out of bounds and blasted Graham on the goal line.  Exact same form.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now