Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Schwarzwald

Former C Olin Kreutz gives shout out to Mack

22 posts in this topic

I don't know why Lindstrom isn't getting props to... reaching the NG outside shoulder with his block to open a big whole

This was the pefect transition to the 2nd level from the center tho... 

That's how a good oline suppose to do it

Now with the RB .... free and ito would have cut the thing back

38 minutes ago, atljbo said:

I don't know why Lindstrom isn't getting props to... reaching the NG outside shoulder with his block to open a big whole

This was the pefect transition to the 2nd level from the center tho... 

That's how a good oline suppose to do it

Now with the RB .... free and itI would have cut the thing back

No doubt...at least an 8 to 12 yd gain

arrogantBEAST likes this

This is why some of us talk about Hill's vision concerns. That hole is there. But he's only running to where the play is "supposed" to go. Some of us discussed this about another RB that shall not be named. RBs with vision are more valuable because of plays like this. It was a gain of 2-3 that could have been 4-6 if he saw it. Yea, not a big difference, but a 3rd & 7-8 is further than a 3rd & 4-6. 

10 minutes ago, vel said:

This is why some of us talk about Hill's vision concerns. That hole is there. But he's only running to where the play is "supposed" to go. Some of us discussed this about another RB that shall not be named. RBs with vision are more valuable because of plays like this. It was a gain of 2-3 that could have been 4-6 if he saw it. Yea, not a big difference, but a 3rd & 7-8 is further than a 3rd & 4-6. 

With how little he's playing I'm starting to think he isn't making the team. 

27 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

With how little he's playing I'm starting to think he isn't making the team. 

Ehh I think he makes it. I'd be shocked if he doesn't at this point. I think they end up keeping 5 RBs and 6 WRs instead of the 7 WRs that's been hinted at for a while. None of the WRs stepped up to kick Barner off the roster. 

Schwarzwald likes this

28 minutes ago, vel said:

Ehh I think he makes it. I'd be shocked if he doesn't at this point. I think they end up keeping 5 RBs and 6 WRs instead of the 7 WRs that's been hinted at for a while. None of the WRs stepped up to kick Barner off the roster. 

He could but I wonder how much he is used

1 hour ago, Dr Long Shot said:

I liked some of the things I saw from Hill earlier in camp and preseason. But he seems like the logical cut at RB.

Hill’s vision is what’s doing him in. Olli and Ito got him beat cleanly last couple of games.

If Barner makes it and we only carry 4RBs...

Posted (edited)

@atljbo Clean!

There’s your 4YPC. Looks like Carpenter missed his first level block too, but right side did it’s job + RB vision to press hole instead of cutback.

Edited by Ergo Proxy

4 hours ago, vel said:

And that is the difference for me between Hill and Ollison.  Ollison has shown better vision.  I am looking for a big back that when the hole is blocked for 3 yards, he can get 5-7 with vision and push when the hole is not where the play is designed to go.

8 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

What are y'all doing to the centers over there?

Well when they give up a sack we usually rub their nose in it, if that doesn't work we then hit 'em with the rubber hose, then if that fails then we usually end up taking them out back... :sadwave:

:lol:

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Well when they give up a sack we usually rub their nose in it, if that doesn't work we then hit 'em with the rubber hose, then if that fails then we usually end up taking them out back... :sadwave:

:lol:

Now does take them out back mean inbred rape or just a beating?

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers
Iron Saint likes this

6 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Now does take them out back mean inbred rape or just a beating?

BOTH

It ain’t no walk in the park on Airline Drive. Kreutz couldn’t handle it in 2011, he was used to that party cake they played up in Chicago. 

:rolleyes:

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this