Guess we know why Armstrong was here for so long

DMT11

1 hour ago, DMT11 said:

Jeez - ST is struggling - this is def some coaching stuff - its pre season so not a big deal but.  Interesting this is the first year hes gone and we cant catch punts.

I wish we would stop saying 'it's preseason, no big deal' like we can't/won't take these same things into the regular season lol yes we install game plans Yada Yada, but execution doesn't simply improve just cuz its real games. Each play should be ran as if it was sb or bust, or atleast that's what the mentality should be I feel 

2 hours ago, DMT11 said:

Jeez - ST is struggling - this is def some coaching stuff - its pre season so not a big deal but.  Interesting this is the first year hes gone and we cant catch punts.

Muffed catches is not a coaching issue. That’s an individual effort. Football 101. Pass, catch, punt, kick, tackle. fundamental football. You can’t coach a guy to catch. He had room to run so the coaching part worked. The Individual effort was muffed.  

To sit there and say the special teams ain't already better is crazy.

Yeah...muff punts, but the coverage teams have been much improved, and they pulled off a fake punt, something they aint done in awhile.

Armstrong was good early on, but he got lazy in his coaching and unit discipline. How many times did we blow a coverage for a big gain, blow kick protection, or get through a return without being called for holding?

That is over. The new coach was an apache pilot with mucho combat flight ops in the books. Rotary wing pilots are ummmm intense, disciplined, and unpredictable...perfect for special teams.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Or in the voice of the great Dan Reeves:

"The coaches can call the plays but the players have to execute them"

One of of the most profound coachy quotes I've ever heard.

In the voice of BB.  “ If players executed every time, I would just have one play”. You put them in position to succeed and do their job.

Dan Reeves lost how many SB and BB won 6.