Italian ice melts

MAD597

2 hours ago, falcons007 said:

They are entirely different. With kickers its mostly mental block, doesn't mean they are unstable and need to be checked in psychiatric ward. . I am not calling him a liar, I agree with him on why he is missing. He is trying to compensate for the curve and missing the FG now when it doesn't curve. he is thinking too much. 

He's nearly 30 years old shouldn't he have figured out these mechanical issues in his profession by now?

2 hours ago, MAD597 said:

He's nearly 30 years old shouldn't he have figured out these mechanical issues in his profession by now?

It’s not mechanical issue. It’s mental block. Kickers can go from best to worst or other way quickly.

if you ever ran hurdles on track, this is similar. You can’t be thinking and second guessing. It happens a lot to even champion hurdlers, they hesitate their form looks like crap.

2 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Not sure why people are so loyal to Tev, he kicked a few games for us last year and then has looked horrible now. Kickers are plug and play positions we can easily just sign someone else and they can start the next game.

No reason to hold onto a guy who is costing us points now and could cost us games in a few weeks.

That’s TATF, everything is wrong(negative) or everything is good(homers). There is no middle ground. 

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

It’s not mechanical issue. It’s mental block. Kickers can go from best to worst or other way quickly.

if you ever ran hurdles on track, this is similar. You can’t be thinking and second guessing. It happens a lot to even champion hurdlers, they hesitate their form looks like crap.

It is mechanical. It's like a golfer who's slightly misstriking the ball. It's very minimum but it's just enough that it throws off what the ball does. Seriously, you're acting the ball not doing what it normally does is somehow because he's thinking too much. How does that make any sense? If I kick a ball for 15 years and it moves the exact same way it always does and then all of a sudden it's not moving the same way anymore you really gonna think it's because I've got a mental block and forgot how to kick? That's silly dude. What I'm thinking about how has nothing to do with how the ball moves while it's in the air.

Also, as far as him being nearly 30 and should have already figured this out, looking back throughout NFL history the majority of kickers have their best years after the age of 30 including Matt Bryant who was a "bum" until the Falcons signed him.

4 hours ago, MAD597 said:

People said the same thing when we signed a seemingly washed up 35 year old kickedlr named Matt Bryant.

People forget Bryant was not a great kicker early in his career....it is one reason why he was out of the nfl when we signed him.

On 8/23/2019 at 0:54 AM, SoldMySoul said:

Let us pretend we are Money Matt and we are no longer needed. We closely watch our replacement suck and badly. 

If the team team called us back would we go????

If you are Matt does your pride keep you away or is this a chance to show they screwed up kicking you to the curb?

I'd come back, take the $3 million, make the kicks, but be a real ahole to Dimitroff. :lol:

On 8/22/2019 at 6:54 PM, g-dawg said:

We are lucky Matt Bryant is still available 

Call should be made right now from pressbox.

”Mrs. Bryant, is your husband home?”

Mrs. Bryant's response should be:   "Yes, but Matt is on his cell right now talking to the Saints.....they are offering 8 million per year...."   :rolleyes: