Any word on Etling getting some snaps tonight?

falconidae

6 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

I hope he does get some snaps. Would be great if he got some with the first string OL, but I don't know how long they'll play and he may not get in the game before the 3rd quarter.

I'm fine with him coming in in the 3rd quarter and playing decent football. Be really nice to not have the lead the first string built up slowly disappear because the last QB brought in was horrible.

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

I'm fine with him coming in in the 3rd quarter and playing decent football. Be really nice to not have the lead the first string built up slowly disappear because the last QB brought in was horrible.

I hear you. If he gets some time, he has a lot of good WR's to throw to. Would like to see him be able to do some work and not be running for his life every snap.

That NE tape I posted up showing this dude making plays gives me some inspiration I think.  Looked like he wasn’t a chickenchit statue but rather to think & move on his feet when nothing is there.

Made me sick to see Benkert go down as he had quick feet & some zip with accuracy.

Just now, HASHBROWN3 said:

That NE tape I posted up showing this dude making plays gives me some inspiration I think.  Looked like he wasn’t a chickenchit statue but rather to think & move on his feet when nothing is there.

Made me sick to see Benkert go down as he had quick feet & some zip with accuracy.

I don't understand how Simms keeps getting signed. Dude it just awful. **** the tv camera has caught him cussing and blaming teammates for **** that was his fault, I can't imagine how he is behind the scenes. 

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

I don't understand how Simms keeps getting signed. Dude it just awful. **** the tv camera has caught him cussing and blaming teammates for **** that was his fault, I can't imagine how he is behind the scenes. 

Sims is pathetic.  League favors for the elitists I guess lmao.

I’m sure it has to do with scheme recognition or something??  Who the **** knows???

Anything is better than Matt freakin Simms. I'd rather watch the "Sound of Music" than watch Matt play, as he got zero of his daddy's very limited qb skills some people over rate because 2 rings, exactly as they do Eli, who also got two rings because defense and running game and has a famous qb daddy. Well, to his credit, Matt looks like an NFL qb in every facet except when it's time to throw passes to the right reads on time and on point. At this point, it's obvious he ain't ever going to do so. How he still is playing anywhere professionally is beyond me.

Watching Etling's highlights, he made some good plays, including that deep post throw which had some zip. But on that long run he scored on.....the entire left side of the giants defense crashed and lost contain in a pathetic display of team defense fundamentals, and this, not speed or superior talent on Etlings part, was the reason he scored.  Good on Etling for scoring on that naked bootleg, but just want folks to keep perspective and not over rate his speed based on that play.

3 minutes ago, Fiddlin John's Ghost said:

Anything is better than Matt freakin Simms. I'd rather watch the "Sound of Music" than watch Matt play, as he got zero of his daddy's very limited qb skills some people over rate because 2 rings, exactly as they do Eli, who also got two rings because defense and running game and has a famous qb daddy. Well, to his credit, Matt looks like an NFL qb in every facet except when it's time to throw passes to the right reads on time and on point. At this point, it's obvious he ain't ever going to do so. How he still is playing anywhere professionally is beyond me.

Watching Etling's highlights, he made some good plays, including that deep post throw which had some zip. But on that long run he scored on.....the entire left side of the giants defense crashed and lost contain in a pathetic display of team defense fundamentals, and this, not speed or superior talent on Etlings part, was the reason he scored.  Good on Etling for scoring on that naked bootleg, but just want folks to keep perspective and not over rate his speed based on that play.

Yeah, not saying the guy is all that.  More just a guy who can give us a chance rather than look like a complete joke.

11 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Yeah, not saying the guy is all that.  More just a guy who can give us a chance rather than look like a complete joke.

Oh I know you weren't. And I agree. Etling should be fun to watch. Who knows....he may turn into a good NFL qb one day. He for sure ain't scared of the league, something required to play qb well. I'm looking forward to watching him tonight.

55 minutes ago, Fiddlin John's Ghost said:

Faster than Simms? Good all I need.  

Love to see Etling look as good as he did in those highlights.