Solve our kicker problems... interesting

Realsurfin

World Cup champion Carli Lloyd showed off her leg during a visit to Philadelphia Eagles training camp on Tuesday, drilling a series of long field goals that caught the attention of at least one renowned NFL scout who said that she deserves an “honest tryout” with any team in search of a place-kicker.

Lloyd, a south New Jersey native and longtime Eagles fan, connected on several 40-yard attempts with room to spare before hitting from 55 yards after a joint practice between the Eagles and Baltimore Ravens in south Philadelphia, the team said.

Afterward the 37-year-old forward for the NWSL’s Sky Blue FC posted video of the session, saying, “I’m really impressed with all these guys. It’s awesome to be here. Really looking forward to the season.”

The footage caught the attention of retired Dallas Cowboys talent evaluator Gil Brandt, who said an NFL team in need of a kicker, such as the Chicago Bears, should give Lloyd a look.

Give her a shot.... drilling it.

Woah.. hold on... Ok.. Yeah she's got a great leg.. so because she made a 55 yard field goal with no pass rush or no timing, she should be invited for a tryout in the NFL??.. When I was a Senior in High School, we would have outside PE 3 Times a week and it was at the Football practice field... One of the things we would do to kill time would try to kick field goals... I always had a strong leg and could kick footballs and soccer balls a ton.  During this "practice time" I would kick 45-55 yard field goals consistently.  I use to win all of our FG Competitions with ease...(not bragging, just the truth), but it was never good enough for our HS Football Coach to give me a tryout...and i couldnt blame him, because all of my kicks come just like this lady's did.. no pass rush, no pressure, no anything...  There is a lot more to FG Kicking than just kicking it between the Goal Post at your leisure.

28 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

In the words of Hugh Douglas...”did she do it under game situations under a full blown rush?”  Maybe she can do that but until she does, she really hasn’t proven anything that thousands of others could do. 

Give her a shot... I would be interesting to see her kicking in uniform with a team rushing her.

25 minutes ago, andrews31cain21 said:

Woah.. hold on... Ok.. Yeah she's got a great leg.. so because she made a 55 yard field goal with no pass rush or no timing, she should be invited for a tryout in the NFL??.. When I was a Senior in High School, we would have outside PE 3 Times a week and it was at the Football practice field... One of the things we would do to kill time would try to kick field goals... I always had a strong leg and could kick footballs and soccer balls a ton.  During this "practice time" I would kick 45-55 yard field goals consistently.  I use to win all of our FG Competitions with ease...(not bragging, just the truth), but it was never good enough for our HS Football Coach to give me a tryout...and i couldnt blame him, because all of my kicks come just like this lady's did.. no pass rush, no pressure, no anything...  There is a lot more to FG Kicking than just kicking it between the Goal Post at your leisure.

She is not a senior in high school she is an accomplished athlete.   We are not talking a out taking about taking a fan and letting them kick at halftime for a christmas ham and a 1000 dollars.  Suit her up.... a little coaching and give her a shot.  What's the big deal?  She might have a miracle leg and grace under pressure.  You never know till you try. 

Edited by Realsurfin

I love that this topic was made cause honestly, that was an amazing kick. The woman in me loved it. But, realistically, I have doubts that this would work. A few questions come to mind. Did she miss any tries before she made that kick? Could she handle the pressure of eleven dudes rushing her? I have doubts. 

Still, it was an awesome video. 

24 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I agree, but it may also cost us games early on if he doesn’t get it together. Losing to two of the major NFC contenders weeks 1 and 2 would damage us tremendously. 

Where is all this "he sucks so bad" thought coming from? I just don't understand this. Dude has missed 3 field goals in preseason. All 3 were over 50 yards and 1 of them was blocked. What in the world? How is that cause for major panic after what he's done in real games in his career?

42 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Where is all this "he sucks so bad" thought coming from? I just don't understand this. Dude has missed 3 field goals in preseason. All 3 were over 50 yards and 1 of them was blocked. What in the world? How is that cause for major panic after what he's done in real games in his career?

Exactly.

Matt Bryant made only 2 of 10 from 50+ yards during the first 7 years of his career. I'm not saying Giorgio is the next Matt Bryant, but just pointing out that guys can & do actually improve sometimes.

Put here in line with the other best two kickers we can find,, and may the best man win!! :huh:     .... Or woman ... I think it'd be a cool thing to do. She would get the attention away from the team and allow them to focus on what we really need to get done. Make this year to be even more interesting...

4 hours ago, k-train said:

Exactly.

Matt Bryant made only 2 of 10 from 50+ yards during the first 7 years of his career. I'm not saying Giorgio is the next Matt Bryant, but just pointing out that guys can & do actually improve sometimes.

Bryant also ended up on 4 different teams in that 7 year timespan as you'd expect from a guy that can't consistently be counted on to hit 50 yarders.

7 hours ago, Realsurfin said:

She is not a senior in high school she is an accomplished athlete.   We are not talking a out taking about taking a fan and letting them kick at halftime for a christmas ham and a 1000 dollars.  Suit her up.... a little coaching and give her a shot.  What's the big deal?  She might have a miracle leg and grace under pressure.  You never know till you try. 

She isa world champion -  She is ice under pressure.

Being able to kick a 55 yd FG in any condition is a good start, I saw this on a few different sites/services and I find it funny all the sexist BS being spewed on her online by basement dwelling neckbeards that can't even graduate from their moms basement let alone do ANYTHING athletic saying "Well can she do that in pads?" "Can she do that in a game under rush?"

I mean how do they think NFL kickers train? Also she plays pretty much the highest level soccer possible so she obviously can play under pressure of a game scenario.

Good for her and sad to see so many men threatened by the skills of a woman, bunch of insecure idiots.

9 hours ago, Realsurfin said:

Yea World cup championship soccer isn't exactly a walk in the park from a sports pressure stand point. **** she's a world champ something the Falcons have never had.

7 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Irrational panic. That's all. And because he isn't Matt Bryant and Bryant never missed from 50 so any misses from there are cause for the Italian to be replaced. Folks are ready to say he'll cost us games and it's an overreaction. 

10 hours ago, andrews31cain21 said:

Exactly. I kicked one from the 20 in HS dicking around and didn’t even play football.