Falconsfan567

Atlanta Falcons Watermark Logo

36 posts in this topic

I know everyone loves to talk about the old Falcons logo and uniforms and rightly so, but what about the watermark logo? Am I the only one that thinks the old watermark logo from the 90s is so much better than the one they use today?

Old Watermark Logo

17-176952_atlanta-falcons-logo-png-trans

Current Watermark Logo

1280px-Atlanta_Falcons_wordmark.svg.png

21 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

They are both pretty good but one of them clearly belongs in a different decade. 

Which one is that? I like the old one better because to me it looks more catchy!! More sharp and fearsome looking. I also remember how awesome it looked painted in the end zone for Super Bowl 33.

6QdRma0.png

PokerSteve likes this

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Which one is that? I like the old one better because to me it looks more catchy!! More sharp and fearsome looking. I also remember how awesome it looked painted in the end zone for Super Bowl 33.

6QdRma0.png

It looks like its wussing out to the broncos there...

16 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

6QdRma0.png

I think we lost both Super Bowls because they painted the **** endzones red. When have we ever had a red endzone? To my knowledge it’s only been black or grass backgrounds.

3 minutes ago, LightningDawg58 said:

I think we lost both Super Bowls because they painted the **** endzones red. When have we ever had a red endzone? To my knowledge it’s only been black or grass backgrounds.

As far as I'm aware the Falcons have never had an end zone painted red.

5 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I know everyone loves to talk about the old Falcons logo and uniforms and rightly so, but what about the watermark logo? Am I the only one that thinks the old watermark logo from the 90s is so much better than the one they use today?

Old Watermark Logo

17-176952_atlanta-falcons-logo-png-trans

Current Watermark Logo

1280px-Atlanta_Falcons_wordmark.svg.png

The current font is trash.

papachaz likes this

7 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Current one is slick and better than the old one IMO

you just like that one cause it has the pointy corners on more  of the letters.....

:lol:

JD dirtybird21 likes this

The new one looks like it was punched out using an Apple IIE on a monochrome monitor by a 6 year old that was board. The old one at least looks like someone put some thought into the design. 

duckhoa and Falconsfan567 like this

As a Graphic Designer I prefer the font type and the design elements that went into the old one. The newer one feels very generic. The spacing is too much between the letters, and the font type seems too repetitive. I get what they were going for but it’s not as creative as the old one. 

I sense a great divide here between the younger generations who have no sense of classic good looks, nor any respect for it for that matter, and the older generations with class and good taste who wonder why there is always this frantic, mindless compulsion to change things simply because they're "old."  Put me in with the old codgers who like the old watermark, obviously. :rant:

1 hour ago, LightningDawg58 said:

I think it’s safe to say that in general everything from the watermark to the uniforms could use a facelift. 

Totally agree

1 hour ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

As a Graphic Designer I prefer the font type and the design elements that went into the old one. The newer one feels very generic. The spacing is too much between the letters, and the font type seems too repetitive. I get what they were going for but it’s not as creative as the old one. 

Can you give us here an alternative design?

Both are ok  I just hate the uniforms since 2003  plus really 2003  how come it is taking so long to change things.   They have not even tweaked things.  From 1990 to 1999 they had several changes  but now 2003 to present day 2019  not one thing changed ,   BRING BACK ANY THROW-BACK PLEASE AB

PokerSteve likes this