Atlanta Falcons Watermark Logo

Falconsfan567

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Which one is that? I like the old one better because to me it looks more catchy!! More sharp and fearsome looking. I also remember how awesome it looked painted in the end zone for Super Bowl 33.

6QdRma0.png

It looks like its wussing out to the broncos there...

16 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Which one is that? I like the old one better because to me it looks more catchy!! More sharp and fearsome looking. I also remember how awesome it looked painted in the end zone for Super Bowl 33.

6QdRma0.png

I think we lost both Super Bowls because they painted the **** endzones red. When have we ever had a red endzone? To my knowledge it’s only been black or grass backgrounds.

5 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I know everyone loves to talk about the old Falcons logo and uniforms and rightly so, but what about the watermark logo? Am I the only one that thinks the old watermark logo from the 90s is so much better than the one they use today?

Old Watermark Logo

17-176952_atlanta-falcons-logo-png-trans

Current Watermark Logo

1280px-Atlanta_Falcons_wordmark.svg.png

The current font is trash.

As a Graphic Designer I prefer the font type and the design elements that went into the old one. The newer one feels very generic. The spacing is too much between the letters, and the font type seems too repetitive. I get what they were going for but it’s not as creative as the old one. 

I sense a great divide here between the younger generations who have no sense of classic good looks, nor any respect for it for that matter, and the older generations with class and good taste who wonder why there is always this frantic, mindless compulsion to change things simply because they're "old."  Put me in with the old codgers who like the old watermark, obviously. :rant:

1 hour ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

As a Graphic Designer I prefer the font type and the design elements that went into the old one. The newer one feels very generic. The spacing is too much between the letters, and the font type seems too repetitive. I get what they were going for but it’s not as creative as the old one. 

Can you give us here an alternative design?