The Matrix 4 is happening

Carter

14 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

The second Matrix is one of the ~3-5 worst movies I've ever seen in a theater. 

I think if they just stopped with making the first one, it would be a universally praised cult classic. The 2nd and 3rd movie were really convoluted and made the whole thing dumb. I remember hating myself for seeing the 2nd one. Then the 3rd movie just continued the disappointment.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

I think if they just stopped with making the first one, it would be a universally praised cult classic. The 2nd and 3rd movie were really convoluted and made the whole thing dumb. I remember hating myself for seeing the 2nd one. Then the 3rd movie just continued the disappointment.

I think its kind of already locked into its "classic" status. Its still widely revered. I never really thought it was as great as everyone else did but I get it. 

Yeah the sequels didnt really contribute anything aside from Monica Belluci in a few leather dresses. Thats bout it. 

3 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I think its kind of already locked into its "classic" status. Its still widely revered. I never really thought it was as great as everyone else did but I get it. 

Yeah the sequels didnt really contribute anything aside from Monica Belluci in a few leather dresses. Thats bout it. 

The first one changed cinematic history.  

5 hours ago, Carter said:

I knew it was **** when I saw the previews showing Zion as one big rave (which was popular back in the late 90's). The only thing I liked about the last 2 films were the Twins.

f06395ef913217c06632f39d2f69adc0.jpg

13 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

The second Matrix is one of the ~3-5 worst movies I've ever seen in a theater. 

You should have had the pleasure of falling asleep during "Tougher Than Leather" or wondering why your parents dragged you along to watch "The Twilight People". I have a long and sad history with movies that make "Matrix Reloaded" look like "Schindler's List".

1 hour ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Meh. I know some people think that....I think that's a little overblown. 

Although it does deserve credit for mainstreaming the idea of Nozick's Experience Machine. 

It gets that rep because its the first movie that combined all the elements of gunfight action scenes, time-slice effects, along with superhuman bullet-time dodging and fighting.

47 minutes ago, Statick said:

It gets that rep because its the first movie that combined all the elements of gunfight action scenes, time-slice effects, along with superhuman bullet-time dodging and fighting.

It also used martial arts choreography in a way that was unique in Western cinema. Yuen Woo-Ping has directed scores of Wuxia fight scenes in Hong Kong but the fights and wire work in The Matrix (which were not unusual for Chinese films) was something that a lot of the American audience had yet to experience in Hollywood movies.

1 hour ago, Statick said:

I get it and I understand where it influenced stunt work/SFX. You still see bits and pieces of the slow down stuff in Marvel movies today. I just think in general, its more of a standard evolution that colored some stuff rather than a definitive type thing. 

29 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I get it and I understand where it influenced stunt work/SFX. You still see bits and pieces of the slow down stuff in Marvel movies today. I just think in general, its more of a standard evolution that colored some stuff rather than a definitive type thing. 

I think it got the "groundbreaking" tag hung on it when it broke but it hasn't proven to be as influential as it was anticipated. In contrast, Terminator 2 and Jurassic Park were not just groundbreaking sci-fi, but they set standards in storytelling and execution that remain unmatched nearly two decades after their releases. Unlike The Matrix, those movies' premises and effects are riffed unapologetically to this day.

3 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

I think it got the "groundbreaking" tag hung on it when it broke but it hasn't proven to be as influential as it was anticipated. In contrast, Terminator 2 and Jurassic Park were not just groundbreaking sci-fi, but they set standards in storytelling and execution that remain unmatched nearly two decades after their releases. Unlike The Matrix, those movies' premises and effects are riffed unapologetically to this day.

Yeah I agree. Jurassic Park especially. A stunning achievement. 

• 2 weeks later...