Offensive Linemen interviews

NWFALCON

14 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Thanks for posting. Good stuff. We can get better and we will. If Jets game is our low this year, and Kaleb or whomever is at RT isn't a pushover?

We will be MORE than alright on the OL.

Pardon the folks that don't share your optimism. 

Not much has been shown to validate it. Adding 2 rookies to the O-Line doesn't usually translate to success. But I'm hopeful, just understand that there's likely to be more than a few growing pains. I just hope they don't hamper the offense too much for us to succeed at a high level. 

Problem is people here aren't patient enough to let the OL grow. If they have a bad performance everyone will start acting like the sky is falling. I am excited about my dude Lindstrom. I've wanted him since before the draft and we made it happen. Makes up for not getting Quentin last year. 

3 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Not much has been shown to validate it. Adding 2 rookies to the O-Line doesn't usually translate to success. But I'm hopeful, just understand that there's likely to be more than a few growing pains. I just hope they don't hamper the offense too much for us to succeed at a high level. 

Oh, I'm waiting for results, too.

I think RT will wind up being better off than Schraeder last year, even if with babysitting early on. We will need a run game against the better defenses or ones that have good secondary and/or ability to get after the QB quickly. Gameplans will go a long way. Kaleb back taking unit reps will mean a lot. Gono could use some reps this preseason for sure. I'd trust him more at RT in a pinch than at LT anyway. The goal is to let Ty walk by next offseason and have Gono as the 3rd OT/Kaleb as the permanent starter. Hopefully, it is sooner than later.

But...I like what I've seen from Lindstrom so far. I think he will quickly become a good RG for us and stabilize the position. My biggest concerns are LG battle and RT just in general due to the setback Kaleb had and the Ty performance/injury situation as well.

3 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Problem is people here aren't patient enough to let the OL grow. If they have a bad performance everyone will start acting like the sky is falling. I am excited about my dude Lindstrom. I've wanted him since before the draft and we made it happen. Makes up for not getting Quentin last year. 

Truth....people keep saying best OL in franchise history.  I keep thinking, highest paid, sure.  But best overall?  With 2 rookies starting and an unknown at LG?  I’m just hoping Koetter shortens the WR route tree and Ryan is healthy when things start to click around week 12

But there will be ugly games early on

We can be patient but some of us want to be realistic too. THE OL as a whole hasn't looked good so far. I think Lindstrom is a future Pro. The problem is waiting for the OL to gel is we start off with three very tough opponents. OUR division is tough with some tough defensive ends. We have to have a good OL if we're going to go deep in the playoffs or go to the Superbowl this year. We are not a rebuilding team.

2 hours ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Matt Ryan will have to compensate for lack of solidness on the right side with 2 rookies. Running the ball will be extremely important this year.

7 hours ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

I think we'll keep an extra blocking tight end this year that we wouldn't have normally kept.

Also looking for a late sign after roster cut-downs start. There's gotta be an O-line heavy team out there?

I doubt they’ll do that. The line won’t be that bad. They’ll just have to run the ball effectively. But also ppl gotta understand they’ve been throwing more than they normally would in a real game. They’d be more balanced to offset somebody teeing off. 

10 hours ago, Osiruz said:

I feel you which is why I liked your post but we are a win now team. Our drafts will keep us in the front over the next couple of years as long as our picks continue to hit but the SB window is cracked for us maybe for the next two years before some really hard cuts have to be made. 

13 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Oh, I'm waiting for results, too.

I think RT will wind up being better off than Schraeder last year, even if with babysitting early on. We will need a run game against the better defenses or ones that have good secondary and/or ability to get after the QB quickly. Gameplans will go a long way. Kaleb back taking unit reps will mean a lot. Gono could use some reps this preseason for sure. I'd trust him more at RT in a pinch than at LT anyway. The goal is to let Ty walk by next offseason and have Gono as the 3rd OT/Kaleb as the permanent starter. Hopefully, it is sooner than later.

But...I like what I've seen from Lindstrom so far. I think he will quickly become a good RG for us and stabilize the position. My biggest concerns are LG battle and RT just in general due to the setback Kaleb had and the Ty performance/injury situation as well.

Injuries are a concern but Gregg Williams showing off exotic stunts on OL with no game prep is no big deal. If McGary and Ty are both hurt, we have unknown in Gano. 

Lindstorm will be better RG for almost a decade on this team. Falcons had RG problems for long time.