Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spts1

Rookies vote Cam Reddish as having best career

41 posts in this topic

Cam Reddish is 16/39 from 3 so far in January. That's good for 41%. His shooting has improved with each month.  This kid has tremendous skills and as his confidence has grown we are seeing great results.  Our wings are not 3 and D guys.  All are very versatile.  I think people have to stop being so critical of him!

jayu70 and Spts1 like this

9 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Cam Reddish is 16/39 from 3 so far in January. That's good for 41%. His shooting has improved with each month.  This kid has tremendous skills and as his confidence has grown we are seeing great results.  Our wings are not 3 and D guys.  All are very versatile.  I think people have to stop being so critical of him!

He still has a long way to go, especially finishing at the rim, but it is clear he is a baller. Court awareness, passing ability, ball handling, and defense. He is arguably our best defender so far. 

Spts1, jayu70 and blkbigdog35 like this

Cam is really starting to grow.  Let’s look at some stats from his last 7 games:

15.1 points per game 
4.0 rebounds per game 
1.9 steals per game 
43% FG
50% 3PT(17-34)
81% FT(13-16)

What I like is that he’s showing this consistently.  

tl;dr, Mr.11, Spts1 and 5 others like this

Im impressed.  He wasn't looking good early but has come on.  Its like he and Huerter are going in opposition directions at this point...

He is coming along. He still needs to get a better feel of the game on offense.  Missing summer league and practice over the summer set him back. He is going through his growing pains during the regular season. 

Edited by therawest

He really struggled Q1-3, came on strong in the last. I think we got a gooden, watching him on D has been good too. Only thing is getting his fouls down so he can play hard all the time.

1 hour ago, maorifalcon said:

He really struggled Q1-3, came on strong in the last. I think we got a gooden, watching him on D has been good too. Only thing is getting his fouls down so he can play hard all the time.

I don’t know if anybody can get their fouls down if they are actually trying to play D. The refs are calling fouls for Players breathing too close. Take a look at any game, all a player has to do is drive to the lane and make contact with a defender. They will call it every time. We just have to hope they will stop emphasising this if we are ever going to be a good defensive team. 

6 hours ago, therawest said:

He is coming along. He still needs to get a better feel of the game on offense.  Missing summer league and practice over the summer set him back. He going through his growing pains during the regular season. 

Given his growth through the season, I cannot wait to see what he looks like next season. Next Season, he will have a whole offseason(barring injury) to reflect on his rookie year and work on what he did poorly and lock in what he did well. Work on team chemistry with our other young guys and Trae. 

Rookie -> Sophmore year usually sees a huge jump for young guys. Cannot wait to see what our guys do with it. 

On 1/29/2020 at 7:51 PM, GEORGIAfan said:

Given his growth through the season, I cannot wait to see what he looks like next season. Next Season, he will have a whole offseason(barring injury) to reflect on his rookie year and work on what he did poorly and lock in what he did well. Work on team chemistry with our other young guys and Trae. 

Rookie -> Sophmore year usually sees a huge jump for young guys. Cannot wait to see what our guys do with it. 

Cam is really starting to show over his last five games. He is averaging more than 15 points a game, shooting around 40% from three, and is playing stellar defense. 

blkbigdog35, jayu70 and Beef like this

Posted (edited)

Cam Reddish, Atlanta

Reddish was as bad as any drafted player in November but has been on a steady uptick ever since. In fact, of all the players in the draft, he is the one who has most steadily progressed over the course of the season ... To the point that it’s now fair to wonder if he might actually end up outperforming his spot in this draft (emphasis on THIS draft).

Reddish has improved his efficiency across multiple avenues – he’s turning the ball over less (partly because the Hawks realized he’s not a backup point guard and shouldn’t be handling the ball unless it’s absolutely necessary, but still), has been a much more decisive and effective finisher around the basket, and his still-shaky looking 3-ball has settled in at an acceptable percentage.

Reddish doesn’t need to be awesome offensively because he has enough defensive chops to stay on the floor. With his size and hands, Reddish is often used by the Hawks to guard the opponents’ best offensive player, and while he’s still a bit away from filling that assignment on a good team, he’s clearly the most qualified member of this roster.

The last two months haven’t quite offset a brutal first third of the season in looking at his overall stats – an 8.4 PER and just 36.8 percent shooting – but if he can sustain this play over the final 20 games, the Hawks can reasonably project him forward as a “D-and-sometimes-3” starter.

Monthly Splits;

20200306_115754.jpg

Edited by jayu70
ATL Fan in the DMV and Mr.11 like this

Cam is starting to make that Trae like ascent. I think he's gonna be hitting a couple more career highs before the season end.

Posted (edited)

Reddish is gonna be the BEST player on the team before he is finished.  People don't like Skip Bayless but he predicted this type of success for Reddish.   Cam needs to leave the 3 point game alone and concentrate on his mid range. THATS what will make him hard to stop. Its OK to take the 3's once he makes them respect his mid range game...

Edited by Spts1