4. R.J. Barrett, New York -- 5%
    Jaxson Hayes, New Orleans -- 5%
    Coby White, Chicago -- 5%
    Zion Williamson, New Orleans -- 5%

https://www.nba.com/2019-20-nba-rookie-survey

Edited by slickgadawg
Drew4719 likes this

On 8/20/2019 at 0:43 PM, Maximum The Hormone said:

It's good to see the Hawks having some good young talent. Let's hope they don't trade them all away again

Which good young talent have the Hawks traded?

On 8/20/2019 at 10:14 AM, slickgadawg said:

Which rookie will have the best career?
1. Cam Reddish, Atlanta -- 19%

2. Ja Morant, Memphis -- 16%

3. De'Andre Hunter, Atlanta -- 11%

4. R.J. Barrett, New York -- 5%
    Jaxson Hayes, New Orleans -- 5%
    Coby White, Chicago -- 5%
    Zion Williamson, New Orleans -- 5%

https://www.nba.com/2019-20-nba-rookie-survey

Very surprised by this.  He won by quite a bit.  Let’s hope they are right

I think the rookies realize the make up of the Hawks with Trae and JC makes Cam's transition easier.

They've seen what Trae has done for a guy like Len.

blkbigdog35 likes this

7 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Cam has the better situation in my opinion because he doesn’t have to be the GUY since we already have Trae and JC in place.

Yep, it will allow Reddish to grow into his game unlike Zion who now has to be "the guy".

blkbigdog35 likes this

57 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Yep, it will allow Reddish to grow into his game unlike Zion who now has to be "the guy".

Being a Duke fan and watching Cam he definitely has game.  Being with the studs we have already allows him to improve his game.

DonOfThemBirds likes this

On 8/24/2019 at 2:49 PM, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Zion is gonna be a flop.

^^^^^^^^^

Nah I hope not. I want to live in a generation of sports greatness as long as I can. I hope that in 5 years this draft will be as impactful as the d wade lebron and mello draft. Zion will hopefully be a physically dominant force for the next 12 or so years

Edited by Xero

I also went back to fully watch a few Duke games focusing just on Cam and his team basketball IQ and defence is what stood out. He was rarely out of place and did little things to make his team successful. You can tell he was sacrificing his game to fit  in. 

blkbigdog35 and Spts1 like this

1 hour ago, therawest said:

I also went back to fully watch a few Duke games focusing just on Cam and his team basketball IQ and defence is what stood out. He was rarely out of place and did little things to make his team successful. You can tell he was sacrificing his game to fit  in. 

No doubt Cam is going to be legit for us!

Yung Gunz Comin!!! After 2 preseason games the thing I notice the most is the defense -Cam and hunter both play good on ball Defense. Im sure they will take sum lumps but I like what I see so far. Both shoot the ball well and Cam has a PG type handle. Future looks bright for this team

Spts1 likes this

Its very early but Cam looks kinda tentative.  They should keep letting him run the point so that he can get his aggressiveness level up.  He IS a good player with better handles and interior moves than advertised. Once he gets his aggressiveness up and can get into the flow of the offense, he is gonna be a monster...

Edited by Spts1

I knew he would need time to develop but d@$!  His field goal percentage is atrocious. 
his defence is literally the only thing keeping him on the floor right now. 

tactician likes this

The best thing he did was miss eight shots. They were eight open shots. There was one where he jabbed and didn’t shoot, and James Harden stayed on him so he had to shoot. When you stop shooting it, then we have a problem. When you see him not take those shots, that’s when it’s not OK. The fact that he’s shooting — I’m good. The numbers will balance out. Cam comes out at halftime (against the Rockets) and hits that shot. But if he stops taking those shots then we have a problem, and it’s a big concern because a guy stops believing in himself, and he stops taking those looks, then we are in trouble."

“I know what it is,” Reddish said. “But it doesn’t bother me when I’m shooting. I just missed. It happens. A lot of people miss. When I make it, it’s going to be a different story.”

Reddish credits Pierce for continuing to believe in him and keeping his positivity as high it can be. Reddish is averaging nearly 26 minutes and almost nine field goal attempts per game. The Hawks want him to be as active as possible. That’s what this season is about. Atlanta is 9-32, and the playoffs are likely out of reach at this point, so the second half of the season should be about improvement, and Reddish is at the center of that.

“He continues to let me play and let me shoot my shots,” Reddish said. “That’s big for me. It’s what I need. It really shows they believe in me. It means the world to me. That’s why I’m continuing to push and stay confident. I know it’s going to turn around pretty soon.”

Pierce also believes it’s only a matter of time before it does turn around for Reddish. Pierce thinks Reddish is in rhythm when he shoots, which was an issue earlier in the season. Pierce thinks Reddish is being aggressive and shot ready when the ball is thrown his way. Pierce has watched Reddish’s film in slow motion, and most of his shot mechanics look good.

That’s what Reddish did Sunday against Brooklyn. He had one of his best games of the season against the Nets and was the lone bright spot in another stinker of a game for the Hawks. Reddish got a steal and attacked the rim and threw down a dunk between Jarrett Allen and Joe Harris. He made 4 of 8 3-point attempts. Reddish was coming off of pick and rolls and trying to attack, which is what the Hawks want him to do. Sometimes, however, Reddish plays at one speed and the game is just too fast for him. He says adjusting to the NBA has been hard — the travel, the speed of the game, new teammates, new life. Everything. It has been a challenge.

Reddish says he’s slowly getting more comfortable, but he’s not rushing anything.

Reddish does have a legitimate skill right now on the defensive end of the floor, which has made him useful for the Hawks. He already has become arguably the best individual defender Atlanta has, and Pierce has assigned him the opposing team’s best player for several games in a row now. Reddish said he didn’t anticipate that this is what he would be known for when he entered the league. He enjoys playing defense and always had an inner confidence that he could lock down whoever was in front of him.

“We’re going to help him,” Pierce said. “I think there are a lot of areas we can address with him being locked in — not taking a break, not smiling or laughing, just being completely locked in. He’s got confidence, and that’s what’s crazy. He shoots it with confidence...

21 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Well I’m not down on the young man at all.  Liked him at Duke as well as now.  The kid is going to get his offense right!

I honestly think the hope for cam is to be our Klay. Elite defender and knockdown shooter next to trae. 

blkbigdog35, jayu70 and maorifalcon like this

5 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I honestly think the hope for cam is to be our Klay. Elite defender and knockdown shooter next to trae. 

True but I think he can be very good offensively also when he’s able to create his on offense when he handles the rock.

8 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

He's already shown an affinity to handle the ball and make plays for himself and others - so more than just a spot up shooter.

On 1/16/2020 at 8:23 AM, jayu70 said:

He's already shown an affinity to handle the ball and make plays for himself and others - so more than just a spot up shooter.

people are way too quick to limit young wings to a 3 and D role nowadays. It's sickening

jayu70 likes this