So Gono's getting the start this week

This is a rare video of Gono playing in college.

Gono mid-2017 college game

These are small schools and Gono was a UDFA.  He looks like a man playing football with small boys.  LoL.  So, he has strength and can push smaller guys around.  I have heard the Falcons discovered he has NFL strength.  I am hoping for the best and prepared for the worst.

I'm wishing Gono luck, we need it. I still think we should keep our eyes and ears open when the last cuts. I just got a feeling there will be an OT available maybe a Vet who was making too much $$$ and they want a cheaper young guy. Maybe some teams are stacked at OT and want to clear a roster spot for another position. Mark my word someone will be out there whether the FO moves on it will be seen.  A crazy thought You know Hage, Zimmerman and Senat are some big men and pretty athletic. I'm just saying one of them may be willing to cross train at OT to make the team. Can you imagine Hage at OT with all that strength and nastiness. Either of those 3 are probably better than we have now.

54 minutes ago, LouDog said:

If he looks good I wonder if we will let him compete at LG once McGary is back

Imagine if Gono pushes Mack all the way to the parking lot like he did in college-o.. Gono will be the hero of our season-o! Gono is strong as an Ox, if he nails the techniques he needs..he could be our best olineman-o

Matt moves his fastest going left.  His pro day was in 22mph crosswind in open farmland and 38-40 degrees (snow had to be plowed for him to perform on a field he never had even stepped foot on).  He actually was a 4.88 40 guy with 5-10-5 shuttles in the 4.2 range.  He broad jumped nearly 10 feet at 317lbs.  If Atlanta gets him in the correct spot on the left side either G or T he will be at his best.  He's only 21-22 years old.  

4 minutes ago, Gonobeast said:

Matt moves his fastest going left.  His pro day was in 22mph crosswind in open farmland and 38-40 degrees (snow had to be plowed for him to perform on a field he never had even stepped foot on).  He actually was a 4.88 40 guy with 5-10-5 shuttles in the 4.2 range.  He broad jumped nearly 10 feet at 317lbs.  If Atlanta gets him in the correct spot on the left side either G or T he will be at his best.  He's only 21-22 years old.  

I’m not saying he’s not good enough but it’s no way he’s playing LT unless Matthews misses some time. LG, yeah more likely.

On 8/19/2019 at 4:43 PM, athell said:

I feel like when speaking about Matt Gono, we have to end the words in o.

ie...I’m happy for Matt Gono. He has come a long wayo.

On 8/19/2019 at 4:55 PM, Ergo Proxy said:

On 8/19/2019 at 5:14 PM, VTCrunkler said:

The season will be mado or broko by Gono.  Oh no, more terribleness 

Gono is gono be good, or he is gono be gono.

If Gono doesn't make the Falcons, where is he gono go?

One day Gono is gonna retire, and we'll say "Darn, Gono is gono…"

Rate we are losing RTs, with our luck, Gono will contract gono-rrhea...