So Gono's getting the start this week

Just now, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

You're going to have to take that up with Mr Ryan :shrug:

You're the one that said almost like a regular season game plan, not Ryan.

"For the most part, it's a rehearsal of how we install during the week, what our schedule is like, for our young guys to get acclimated to that. From that standpoint, it's really similar. As far as planning, etc., it's a pretty good sized game plan, but, probably a little bit pared down from what it normally is during the season, but for the most part, it's similar. More than any game thus far, this is the most we've prepared for any of them."

I think that the "for the most part" and "pared down" mean it's not a full game plan.

26 minutes ago, falconidae said:

A pared down game plan isn't the same as almost like a regular season game plan to me.

Saying they're most prepared they've been for a preseason game this year doesn't mean much.

I think they really just mean they won't get caught with their skivvies around their ankles if the opponent decides to run out blitzing schemes this week. In other words, if they are going to put Ryan out there...they have to game plan to protect him. 

2 minutes ago, falcndave said:

I think they really just mean they won't get caught with their skivvies around their ankles if the opponent decides to run out blitzing schemes this week. In other words, if they are going to put Ryan out there...they have to game plan to protect him. 

Prettt sure Gase isnt on Quinns Christmas list after last weeks game ;)

3 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Ryan said the skins game will be game planned "almost" like a regular season game.. Alot of install for this game.. Gono is getting the start, Ryan says he likes Gono, says hes seen a huge improvement, says Gono has a great work ethic, and Gono is quite and comes to practice to work. 

To me, this game is a big deal for me and it should be for Gono.. If Gono has a good game, i believe he starts at least till McGary is ready.. I think this is going to be the biggest position to watch. Im pulling for Gono! 

Said everything I came to say.

3 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Ty contract looking foolish

Not really. I like the depth of the line now. They are committed to protecting Matt and don’t want another 2018. Plus they didn’t know Gono would be what he seems to becoming. I like this actually. Is it ideal? No. But the commitment was needed I think. 

3 hours ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Some (I.) do and could consider it a classless act to come after the Franchise in a pre-season game without a heads-up.

Good post.

Agree completely, especially the second one...unwritten rule is that third preseason game is the dress rehearsal; would have expected it a little more then.  But to call some of those heavy blitz packages in the second preseason game was definitely a Gregg Williams ****head thing to do...