Embrace the suck

Harlow to be tried at center

78 posts in this topic

https://www.ajc.com/sports/football/falcons-sean-harlow-get-tryout-center/Ih0OCUhKsyXZhj3kBPJCGP/

schitweizer seemed to be alright to be at center. He wasn't good, but he wasn't bad either. Looks like he will be moved over to guard once more. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Falcons guard Sean Harlow, who played 39 snaps against the Jets, is moving to center this week.

“When you see him at practice today, he’ll be at center,” Falcons coach Dan Quinn said. “He’s played a lot of guard. We’ll move Wes (Schweitzer) over to guard this week and Harlow into center. Having that kind of versatility as an inside player is really important.”

Tim Mazetti and WhenFalconsWin like this

Mack was such a tremendous get for us. Wonder why we are trying out others. Is it a backup plan or is it as some have alluded to : that Mack is slipping. He hasn’t been slipping at all on fact he’s looked like our best OLman so far. 

9 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Mack was such a tremendous get for us. Wonder why we are trying out others. Is it a backup plan or is it as some have alluded to : that Mack is slipping. He hasn’t been slipping at all on fact he’s looked like our best OLman so far. 

My guess is to give Mack a break until the season starts more than anything.

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

We are trying to figure out who our backup center is so we don't have to call it a season if Mack ends up going down.

Edited by Dr Long Shot

3 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

We are trying to figure out who our backup center is so we don't have to call it a season if Mack ends up going down.

Seems logical to ya e a backup plan. And to repurpose Harlow. 

18 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

See!!! Instead of just cutting these guys and bringing in competent players,  Quinn waste time putting these useless guys elsewhere.

24 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Not sure why they haven't cut Harlow by now. He's routinely looked really bad this preseason.

If he has value at Center they will keep him.  If he struggles there, he will be released

48 minutes ago, Emmitt said:

I thought Harlow and  Schitwizer have both had  really below par games this preseason. Neither one of these cats look like they are NFL quality players.

Both have been bowled over more than the guy in front of Rosie O'Donnell at the all you can eat buffet. 

:lol: LMAO. I am pretty sure Harlow will get cut again.

Dr Long Shot and Emmitt like this

50 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Insurance plan, incase he gets hurt again. 

VTCrunkler likes this

46 minutes ago, athell said:

May be a last ditch effort for him to stick.  ie...you have been awful everywhere else, so you either show at Center or you are gone.

Longsnapper for FGs?

45 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

See!!! Instead of just cutting these guys and bringing in competent players,  Quinn waste time putting these useless guys elsewhere.

I’m hearing that it’s not wasting time but seeing if he pans out giving him a last shot before cutting 

Posted (edited)

I think they are both gone eventually. Wes has been at center all preseason now hes being moved to guard. We already know what he does at guard. We cannot lose mack.

Linstrom would have to go to center and plug someone else in at guard. 

Edited by red falcon

14 minutes ago, red falcon said:

I think they are both gone eventually. Wes has been at center all preseason now hes being moved to guard. We already know what he does at guard. We cannot lose make.

Linstrom would have to go to center and plug someone else in at guard. 

Making our first round looking more not like a luxury but of a dire need. 

1 hour ago, Flying Falcon said:

What competent players are FA right now?  Anyone so good that it isn't worth trying it out before cutting him?   

Cant be any worst than Schweitzer, I wish we would cut bait with both. Harlow looks horrible, Wes looks to slow to play C/G he gets beat like a dam drum 

vitaman likes this

This is the part of DQ that concerns me the most. For some of our "projects" I feel we wait too long to just make a decision. If Harlow can't make it as a guard, cut him and bring in someone else to try. But looking forward to next year's draft I would have to think that center is our top priority 

vitaman likes this

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

I don’t see Mack getting cut next year unless his play falls off the cliff like Ryan Schraeder. 

I wonder what Schraeder is doing right now....