E. T.

Marlins @ Braves

481 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Julio.. just a completely different pitcher this year.. 

Players seems to be motivated in a contract year

18 minutes ago, vietlanta said:

He still has another season left I believe.

They say everything evens out over a season, well Julio has a 3.5 ERA but if you take away the games against the Marlins his ERA shoots up to 4.75.

57 minutes ago, vietlanta said:

I said all winter that he would be really good this year and it has absolutely nothing to do with his contract and everything to do with him pitching out of the stretch all the time giving him better command.

40 minutes ago, Malachore said:

He still has another season left I believe.

They say everything evens out over a season, well Julio has a 3.5 ERA but if you take away the games against the Marlins his ERA shoots up to 4.75.

He has a $12M team option for next year.

Also, it's not fair at all to Julio to say take away his Marlins starts and his ERA is 4.75 . You just cannot do that because it implies that he's only pitched well against the Marlins and that's not the case. Julio has been very good this year. He's had 5 absolute stinkers this year and the rest of the time he's been lights out. Two of those were early in the season in cold weather in Colorado and Cleveland and well, lots of pitchers struggle in cold weather, but I don't think I've ever seen a pitcher be more negatively effected by the cold weather than Julio. Tonight was Julio's 12th quality start of the season. By my definition of quality I would give him more than that, for example, early in the season against the Padres he gave up 4 runs in 7 innings. In my book with the way offense is now and all the runs scored, 4 runs in 7 innings is a good start.

Drew4719 likes this

19 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

He has a $12M team option for next year.

Also, it's not fair at all to Julio to say take away his Marlins starts and his ERA is 4.75 . You just cannot do that because it implies that he's only pitched well against the Marlins and that's not the case. Julio has been very good this year. He's had 5 absolute stinkers this year and the rest of the time he's been lights out. Two of those were early in the season in cold weather in Colorado and Cleveland and well, lots of pitchers struggle in cold weather, but I don't think I've ever seen a pitcher be more negatively effected by the cold weather than Julio. Tonight was Julio's 12th quality start of the season. By my definition of quality I would give him more than that, for example, early in the season against the Padres he gave up 4 runs in 7 innings. In my book with the way offense is now and all the runs scored, 4 runs in 7 innings is a good start.

I said it all evens out but those Marlins starts do make up a very large portion of his production. 

He's definitely been better this year. I was just a little floored at his total work outside those 6 starts.

1 minute ago, Malachore said:

I said it all evens out but those Marlins starts to make up a very large portion of his production. 

He's definitely been better this year. I was just a little floored at his total work outside those 6 starts.

vs. Marlins

• 6 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 HR, 2 BB, 4 SO
  • 6 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 HR, 1 BB, 5 SO
  • 6 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 HR, 2 BB, 6 SO
  • 7 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 HR, 1 BB, 7 SO
  • 7 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 HR, 3 BB, 9 SO

Totals - 5 GS, 32 IP, 19 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 HR, 9 BB, 31 SO, 0.28 ERA

Total Season Stats - 27 GS, 145 1/3 IP, 125 H, 63 R, 57 ER, 16 HR, 69 BB, 137 SO, 3.53 ERA

Season Totals w/o Marlins - 22 GS, 113 1/3 IP, 106 H, 62 R, 56 ER, 15 HR, 60 BB, 106 SO, 4.45 ERA

But like I said, that's influenced greatly by those 5 stinkers he's had.

• 5 IP, 5 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 2 HR, 3 BB, 3 SO
  • 4 2/3 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 1 HR, 4 BB, 6 SO
  • 4 IP, 8 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 1 HR, 3 BB, 3 SO
  • 4 IP, 9 H, 7 R, 7 ER, 1 HR, 3 BB, 2 SO
  • 1 1/3 IP, 8 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 1 HR, 3 BB, 2 SO

Totals - 5 GS, 19 IP, 37 H, 30 R, 30 ER, 6 HR, 16 BB, 16 SO, 14.21 ERA

Season Totals w/o 5 Stinkers - 22 GS, 126 1/3 IP, 88 H, 33 R, 27 ER, 10 HR, 53 BB, 121 SO, 1.92 ERA

Now, you're talking about things evening out? Since he has 5 stinkers and 5 starts against the Marlins, let's cancel those out and look at what he's done without those 10 starts factored into his numbers,

• 17 GS, 94 1/3 IP, 69 H, 32 R, 26 ER, 9 HR, 44 BB, 90 SO, 2.48 ERA

Like I said, Julio Teheran has been very good this year!! Great even!! You wanna take out the Marlins starts and even everything out, well you've got to take out the stinkers too so that it's a fair assessment.

12 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

So Snitka allows him to stand there after yanking him from a game in which Acuna didnt hustle? :lol:  What about the "lesson" learned?  I thought the name on front of jersey is more important? :lol:

And maybe I missed it, but it sure looked like Snit didn't put his hand out when Acuna came in, when everyone else did. I'm wondering if Snit was pissed that after the other night that Acuna just watched this one and maybe felt disrespected. No doubt that it's time to move on, but it sure looked strange last night.

Spts1 likes this

28 minutes ago, gp_74 said:

And maybe I missed it, but it sure looked like Snit didn't put his hand out when Acuna came in, when everyone else did. I'm wondering if Snit was pissed that after the other night that Acuna just watched this one and maybe felt disrespected. No doubt that it's time to move on, but it sure looked strange last night.

You didn't miss anything. I saw that also...:lol:  The first coach high fived Acuna and Snit was a step below him in the dugout and didn't offer anything but a scowl to Acuna...:lol:  I saw that.  People keep saying move on but made a BIG deal about the " lesson ".  If its THAT big a deal about the lesson to BENCH HIM, then why only a couple days later, ignore Acuna actually doing a worse action than when he got benched.   Either you bench him because of the " glory of the game" anytime he does that or you don't...:lol:   The first benching wasn't called for which is why the whole thing looks silly now...

sdogg likes this

34 minutes ago, gp_74 said:

23 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Id recommend the ignore feature. Just pushing an agenda that is clearly dead and over now. 

Its football season now.  Gonna leave baseball alone.  Your Duke team got a TOUGH opener.   Georgia Tech does too...:(

33 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Its football season now.  Gonna leave baseball alone.  Your Duke team got a TOUGH opener.   Georgia Tech does too...:(

I dont think Bama is ready. They can't handle the ACC. 

52 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

I dont think Bama is ready. They can't handle the ACC. 

I hope Duke plays them tough or upset them.  I haven't kept up with them in a while.  They were good a few years back. 

6 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Braves expected to sign Francisco Cervelli. Don’t know if it’s a MIL or ML deal. 

This move would confuse me. Cervelli cant catch anymore. 

5 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

I've heard that, but he still has caught 32 games this season. Has only played about 2 innings at 1B otherwise.

Hes been out since May with another concussion. Word was he told the Pirates he wouldnt catch anymore because he cant risk his long term health. He might have come around because hes been catching on his rehab at AAA. 

1 minute ago, Unknøwn said:

Hes been out since May with another concussion. Word was he told the Pirates he wouldnt catch anymore because he cant risk his long term health. He might have come around because hes been catching on his rehab at AAA. 

Yeah. In the link I posted above, he claims to have been misquoted and is still open to catching. 

1 minute ago, ATLBrave said:

Yeah. In the link I posted above, he claims to have been misquoted and is still open to catching. 

He was swinging ot well in the minors. Hes better than throwing Murphy out there.

ATLBrave likes this

12 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

He was swinging ot well in the minors. Hes better than throwing Murphy out there.

Has caught every inning he's played in down there too. 

2 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Has caught every inning he's played in down there too. 

I doubt he gets through waivers. Phillies or Nats could block it.

7 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

I doubt he gets through waivers. Phillies or Nats could block it.

That’d be an expensive block. He’s owed roughly $2.5m the rest of the way if they claim him. 

6 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

That’d be an expensive block. He’s owed roughly $2.5m the rest of the way if they claim him. 

Yeah it would be. It probably wont happen but I could see the Phillies pulling that kind of move.