Media loves to talk about how “High-Powered” our offense is, but, we will not win a Super Bowl ring unless our defense is top-5.

Macintez

Is there any one else in here that feels that it will be our defense(along with the run game to a degree) that will factor the most into us winning the Super Bowl?

The media pundants love to talk offense all day long; It sells tickets and apparently sells audiences that these analysts know what they’re talking about. Chiefs, Aints, Aaron Rodgers, Cowboys, even the freakin Browns have gotten in on the media offensive circus. Falcons are spoken about as well but everyone is hesitant to take Matty Ice’s side. But, our defense, if our D-line takes it up a notch, could be one of the best in recent history. That’s what it will take, because as much as I love our skill players our O-line will struggle against playoff scheming and defense. I honestly will have a hard time trusting this squad UNLESS the defense is top-5 which in my opinion is a very reasonable expectation. Turnovers, sacks etc. 

The regular season can’t get here fast enough. The offense focus has been a smoke screen for what our defense will do this year; we should definitely be imposing wills 2019-20 and beyond...

Just now, jlrfalcon said:

It was not top 5 in 2016-17 but that did not keep us from coming within a few referee calls, a some dumb coaching choices and little bit of luck from winning the SuperBowl.

What are you talking about, I can’t even remember what I was doing in 2016-17.

*Serious response

Our defense ran out of gas and couldn’t overcome the mistakes our stupid coordinator was making. I think a Top-5 would come out victorious even with those blunders. I still don’t know why Kyle was fighting so hard to get Matt Ryan MVP my goodness man just run the freakin’ ball.

57 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

It was not top 5 in 2016-17 but that did not keep us from coming within a few referee calls, a some dumb coaching choices and little bit of luck from winning the SuperBowl.

With a top 5 defense you don't need all of that and you can keep the game in your control instead of outside forces.

2 hours ago, Macintez said:

What are you talking about, I can’t even remember what I was doing in 2016-17.

*Serious response

Our defense ran out of gas and couldn’t overcome the mistakes our stupid coordinator was making. I think a Top-5 would come out victorious even with those blunders. I still don’t know why Kyle was fighting so hard to get Matt Ryan MVP my goodness man just run the freakin’ ball.

I think Kyle was thinking "let's drop 50 points on these Patriots."

3 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

We were a bottom five defense that season people seem to forget. Obviously we were playing better towards the end of the season and the playoffs, but yes, a far cry from a top defense.