Falconsfan567

Eagles Release Paul Worrilow

38 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

His story is just a reminder of how quickly a player's life can go from bottom to top to bottom quickly in the NFL.  A few years ago, there was even an ongoing thread on this board proclaiming him virtually the greatest player in the NFL.

That was a classic topic thread, which ran for 68 pages, linked as follows:

rounz and Flying Falcon like this

14 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

You know times were rough for us back in 2013 and 2014 when our defense was bottom of the barrel but the boards were going wild over undrafted players Joplo Bartu and Paul Worrilow. 

Yikes.

His results were seldom sensational, but he gave every play everything he had and that won him a lot of fans in here. The effort was always there with Worrilow.

ltstorm2, rounz, mikeg272 and 1 other like this

3 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

His results were seldom sensational, but he gave every play everything he had and that won him a lot of fans in here. The effort was always there with Worrilow.

Yeah, I remember in Jones' rookie year a play against the Panther's where Newton had started to take off from the pocket.  I watched Jones easily cut Newton's lane off and ushered him to the sidelines and I thought if Worrilow was in that situation, Newton would have got the edge and barely ran around Paul's outstretched fingers.

21 hours ago, falcons007 said:

It’s scary to think Worrilow and Bartu were starting LB. No wonder the D was one of the worst in the League.

That was the year Smitty asked Dimi to find the players to switch to a 3-4. He brought in Soliai, TJax and Haggleman on the DLine. Then drafted four LBs and signed four others who all sucked. Smitty had to scrap the 3-4 pipe dream after the first day of camp and ended up running a 4-2 with Warlock and JopTop as the starting backers. Jeez.

5 hours ago, ltstorm2 said:

Yeah, I remember in Jones' rookie year a play against the Panther's where Newton had started to take off from the pocket.  I watched Jones easily cut Newton's lane off and ushered him to the sidelines and I thought if Worrilow was in that situation, Newton would have got the edge and barely ran around Paul's outstretched fingers.

:lol::lol::lol:

Posted (edited)

Why is this posted in Taft? I thought yall had sections and other forums.This has absolutely nothing to do with the Falcons

Edited by Atlwings

2 hours ago, Atlwings said:

Why is this posted in Taft? I thought yall had sections and other forums.This has absolutely nothing to do with the Falcons

18 minutes ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

I thought I saw that he got picked up by the Ravens. I guess I should stop skipping my trip to the eye doctor. 

He got picked up by the Ravens after the Eagles cut him.

NashvilleFalcon01 likes this