Update on McGary & Others

8 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

No it was me saying Dimi should have been cut before Smitty.

Definitely after his three year 18-30 run with no playoff berths between 2013-2015.

There's no doubt buddy got pics of Blank doing unnatural things with farm animals.

The Don cut two wives but held onto Dimi, even after a 46-50 (.479) run over the last six years.

And you happy? Blind. Loyal. Shiny.

LOL....you always make me smile FF70 to start my Monday ....

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hopefully Gono will shine with this opportunity 

The reason that Ty looked good last year replacing Schreader, is because they had game plans in place to help cover up his weaknesses.  There weren't any game plans for Thursday's game. There will be

Good news for Kaleb . Would rather see him get his *** kicked than Sambustlo . I cannot believe we gave that dude an extension with American money . I just pray Kalebs heart is fixed & he can comp

9 hours ago, gazoo said:

So you are saying Pioli freaked out and spent $80 MM and 2 first rounders. 

If TD got stripped of his duties and Pioli took over, why are you blaming TD again? 

I have no dog in this fight, but Blank’s own words seem to back up FFS1970

”As part of the realignment, Assistant General Manager Scott Pioli will take on pro and college scouting and NFL Draft responsibilities, reporting to Dimitroff. Dimitroff will retain management responsibility for salary cap, player affairs, equipment, sports medicine and performance, and video activities, the Falcons said.

"After reviewing all of our options – internally and externally – I have no reservations that this is the best approach to setting up our player personnel groups for future success," said Falcons Owner and Chairman Arthur Blank. "It maximizes the talents of Scott, allows for more time and focus on all areas of our football operations groups managed by Thomas, and is in line with other player personnel groups in the league.

Around the NFL writer Marc Sessler says the changes hand more responsibility to assistant general manager Pioli - and essentially pulls some away from longtime GM Dimitroff. Blank has refused to provide assurances about the GM's future following a 10-22 record over the past two seasons, Sessler adds.

20 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I have no dog in this fight, but Blank’s own words seem to back up FFS1970

”As part of the realignment, Assistant General Manager Scott Pioli will take on pro and college scouting and NFL Draft responsibilities, reporting to Dimitroff. Dimitroff will retain management responsibility for salary cap, player affairs, equipment, sports medicine and performance, and video activities, the Falcons said.

"After reviewing all of our options – internally and externally – I have no reservations that this is the best approach to setting up our player personnel groups for future success," said Falcons Owner and Chairman Arthur Blank. "It maximizes the talents of Scott, allows for more time and focus on all areas of our football operations groups managed by Thomas, and is in line with other player personnel groups in the league.

Around the NFL writer Marc Sessler says the changes hand more responsibility to assistant general manager Pioli - and essentially pulls some away from longtime GM Dimitroff. Blank has refused to provide assurances about the GM's future following a 10-22 record over the past two seasons, Sessler adds.

So why is he blaming TD for the offseason acquisitions?

20 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

If you read the first bolded sentence, the last few words say “reporting to TD.”  The buck stops with the GM.  TD still had final say on everything

Says 70 is right in saying he got his duties stripped but then wait no he reports to TD.

Either he's right and Pioli controlled the player personell.

Or

TD was in charge of player personell. 

Can't blame TD for the bad and give Pioli the good.

That 70 sour puss **** is old.

11 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

No it was me saying Dimi should have been cut before Smitty.

Definitely after his three year 18-30 run with no playoff berths between 2013-2015.

There's no doubt buddy got pics of Blank doing unnatural things with farm animals.

The Don cut two wives but held onto Dimi, even after a 46-50 (.479) run over the last six years.

And you happy? Blind. Loyal. Shiny.

Are you saying Blank has sex with farm animals? That's pretty messed up.

17 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

No actually ppl drug Chester and hated him as was glad he retired. They didn’t realize how good he was til he was gone. Most not all. I was giving him props while he was here and folks were telling me how much he sucked. Being the worst linemen on a good line doesn’t mean he was bad. There’s always a weak link but when the weak link is above average wtf can you ask for. Also he was an excellent run blocker. The right side of the line is usually your better run blockers since that’s the strong side typically and the better pass blockers are on the left side so by default you’ll give a little more in pass pro from the right side. Most ppl don’t even think about that little nugget. They think all linemen are made the same or all do all things well. Not the case. You do, however, want your right side guys to be average pass blockers at least. 

Exactly. I started a thread saying we would miss him when he announced his retirement. RG has been the biggest problem since.

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

If you read the first bolded sentence, the last few words say “reporting to TD.”  The buck stops with the GM.  TD still had final say on everything

I agree TD is in charge and alway has been, of all players we acquire through draft and free agency. 

If a CEO hires a new district manager to run a segment of the company, the CEO is still in charge and still responsible for outcomes. 

Our scouting department is no different than any other NFL scouting department from the standpoint of having people under the GM head certain departments. 

Bill Belichick has had Ernie Adams all these years, Ozzie Newsome had Eric DeCosta, TD had Scott Pioli..........

15 hours ago, gazoo said:

I agree TD is in charge and alway has been, of all players we acquire through draft and free agency. 

If a CEO hires a new district manager to run a segment of the company, the CEO is still in charge and still responsible for outcomes. 

Our scouting department is no different than any other NFL scouting department from the standpoint of having people under the GM head certain departments. 

Bill Belichick has had Ernie Adams all these years, Ozzie Newsome had Eric DeCosta, TD had Scott Pioli..........

Exactly. TD scouted Asante for Belichik. Since TD has been in Atl 2 or 3 of his top scouts have gone on to be GM’s themselves. 

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I think he is granted final say.  But it felt different this year.  Quinn wanted a defensive player Round 1 and Om certain wanted his 3rd round pick.  

That was part of his being head coach. He would have final say if HIS roster. TD and Piloli would shop for the groceries HE wants or needs and he would have final say over the 53. Smitty wasn’t given that power.