MSalmon

A real Matt Ryan Discussion: not homer based

626 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Vandy said:

That’s what GOATs like Brady and Jordan do, they take advantage of opportunities and situations.

Plus lets not act like Matt hasn’t had plenty of those same opps to take advantage of as well. Home field in 2010, 2012 and 2016 playoffs, some cushy schedules, arguably best receivers/te (gonzo)/RB (Turner) in football, etc etc 

Granted, but Brady had been in the playoff 15 times and never once started on the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Granted, but Brady had been in the playoff 15 times and never once started on the road.

Okay. But that’s a weak argument IMO.

Didn't they beat KC on the road just this past year to win AFC? I know they’ve beaten Pittsburgh a couple times too on road to win AFC...I remember they beat favored SD on road in playoffs, Indy a couple times too I think. 

Few playoff championship runs are easy. To insinuate NE didn’t earn them all is unfair to that truth.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Vandy said:

6 rings v -0- rings.

28-3. 

Come on Slobby. You think Matt brings us back from that kind of deficit in that game? 

You’re right, he was downing Brady...lol

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Nope.

Nothing against Matt, I don’t see any other QB doing it in that moment other than Brady. 

90%? So....You think Belichick is that much better a coach than dan quinn is?

Brady is the goat point blank period. But bill is also the goat of all coaches. I like dan quinn, but he cant hold billy's jock strap.

Vandy and FalconsIn2012 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

We outchea.

@Tim Mazetti

Protect your women and children.

And for God sakes lock your car.

Nothing will be taken for granted.

Geezers are experienced bull shutters, and dangerous as part of the Stupid thread or post derailment team

@papachaz, @Ezekiel 25:17, @Yo_Lover, et. I am on my phone  situation all fu led up.

 

Vandy, papachaz and Drew4719 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Nope.

Nothing against Matt, I don’t see any other QB doing it in that moment other than Brady. 

90%? So....You think Belichick is that much better a coach than dan quinn is?

Honestly, Yes. The Patriots wouldn’t be THE Patriots without Bill. Brady is good, great even but I whole heartedly believe that Bill wins several SBs without Brady but I don’t think Brady does without Bill.  I think the discussion on whose more important Bill or Tom isn’t even close. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

 

Protect your women and children.

And for God sakes lock your car.

Nothing will be taken for granted.

Geezers are experienced bull shutters, and dangerous as part of the Stupid thread or post derailment team

@papachaz, @Ezekiel 25:17, @Yo_Lover, et. I am on my phone  situation all fu led up.

 

:lol::tiphat:

Vandy and Tim Mazetti like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ok_falcons_fan said:

Honestly, Yes. The Patriots wouldn’t be THE Patriots without Bill. Brady is good, great even but I whole heartedly believe that Bill wins several SBs without Brady but I don’t think Brady does without Bill.  I think the discussion on whose more important Bill or Tom isn’t even close. 

Well, I respect your opinion.....:ninja:

FalconsIn2012 and Tim Mazetti like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

 

Protect your women and children.

And for God sakes lock your car.

Nothing will be taken for granted.

Geezers are experienced bull shutters, and dangerous as part of the Stupid thread or post derailment team

@papachaz, @Ezekiel 25:17, @Yo_Lover, et. I am on my phone  situation all fu led up.

 

You leave me and Tim out on this???

You bout to get banned 

Vandy and Tim Mazetti like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Nope.

Nothing against Matt, I don’t see any other QB doing it in that moment other than Brady. 

90%? So....You think Belichick is that much better a coach than dan quinn is?

Ithink BB is that .uch better than any coach. You praise Brady and I praise BB. He went 11-5 with Cassel and only missed the playoffs because Miami had a fluke season and they lost the tiebreaker with the other two 11-5 teams. I think Brady would have had similar success with Atlanta. I just dont see that big of. A difference between Ryan and Brady and the passing stats support that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

You leave me and Tim out on this???

You bout to get banned 

First you get your one and only lifetime thread deleted by overzealous mods, then you get dissed out of old codgers club by Timmy....and replaced by two unqualified young whippersnapppers Yo and Zeke, who aren’t old enough. 

What did you do to deserve this ROH? 

MSalmon and Tim Mazetti like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Vandy said:

First you get your one and only lifetime thread deleted by overzealous mods, then you get dissed out of old codgers club by Timmy....and replaced by two unqualified young whippersnapppers Yo and Zeke, who aren’t old enough. 

What did you do to deserve this ROH? 

Hey. I resemble that remark. We aren’t over zealous. Just zealous.  Enthused by our falcons  

 

Tony G on Fox halftime talking the falcons up. Good to finally have a little positive media bias! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Hey. I resemble that remark. We aren’t over zealous. Just zealous.  Enthused by our falcons  

 

Tony G on Fox halftime talking the falcons up. Good to finally have a little positive media bias! 

Just poking the bear a little, my friend. 

Respect to You and JD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Ithink BB is that .uch better than any coach. You praise Brady and I praise BB. He went 11-5 with Cassel and only missed the playoffs because Miami had a fluke season and they lost the tiebreaker with the other two 11-5 teams. I think Brady would have had similar success with Atlanta. I just dont see that big of. A difference between Ryan and Brady and the passing stats support that.

I think Ty Law speech was great insight in to beginning of Patriots dynasty. Of course BB was the architect but his comment on we built the culture, how the veterans and Brady embraced it was interesting. I do think, the whole culture will out live BB and Brady. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Ithink BB is that .uch better than any coach. You praise Brady and I praise BB. He went 11-5 with Cassel and only missed the playoffs because Miami had a fluke season and they lost the tiebreaker with the other two 11-5 teams. I think Brady would have had similar success with Atlanta. I just dont see that big of. A difference between Ryan and Brady and the passing stats support that.

Slobby..I love ya, but the Cassell argument never holds water with me.  With same/similar personnel they lost 5 more games without Brady.  FIVE.  That’s us going 2-14 last year.

The offense went from historically good to average.  Scored 590 points in 2007 and dropped to 410 a year later.  That’s a whole lot of Brady value....12 ppg drop in production.  

They won because they allowed only 300 points on the year

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jpowers said:

You don't think Bill wins without Brady?

Obviously, knowing what we know now, BB can win with any number of QB’s.  

But when Brady took over from Bledsoe, the Patriots were 5-13 under Bill Belichick.  They were 0-2 on the season averaging 10 ppg.  Brady stepped in and they average 25 ppg the rest of the way en route to a SB

Browns had one winning season in 4 years (But Bill built the start of that Ravens SB team..most forget his trade down that ultimately resulted in Ray Lewis)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now