should the Falcons bring back Matt Bryant and keep italian ice as a back up kicker if Italian ice turns out to be mediocre?

I'm not trying to over react but I think we would all feel the most comfortable if Matt Bryant was our starting field goal kicker and italian ice was our back up kicker just in case Bryant pulls a hamstring. I know it's not usually logical to use 2 roster spots for a field goal kicker but I would. I think that field goal kicker very important against playoff caliber defenses. We could cut one of the players on our roster that would most likely just be a body. Matt Bryant showed no signs of decline last year when healthy. The Seahawks lost a playoff game last season because their veteran kicker got injured. That shows you why it's good to have a backup kicker. Do you guys think we should consider having 2 kickers? Do you think it is a realistic possibility Matt Bryant could be called back if Georgio Tevvechio starts to stink it up in practice and in games? 

Almost guarantee Giorgio cost us a few gms this yr based on his performance so far. He’s very capable and has all the physical attributes, but accuracy is a mental game and right now he can’t seem to shake the mental midget sitting on his shoulder. I think he’s done and you can stick a fork in him. I would move on...but that’s just me. DQ TD took a chance and apparently lost. It’s time to ring up the other Matty ice or another kicker. The NFL is all about winning close games and with our schedule a solid consistent FG kicker is a must.

9 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I think the Falcons should dump Tavecchio if he continues to struggle and choose the best kicker that performs in tryouts. Not just go with Bryant. 

What many here are failing to understand is if Bryant was such an incredible kicker at the moment, he’d be on a roster 

Imo, Bryant was cut for financial reasons, not performance.

But I could be wrong as usual..............except that time I predicted we would draft Ridley and got Boo'd out of TATF 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

NO NO NO NO NO. BRYANT IS GONE. YOU GUYS GOTTA GROW THE **** UP AND LET THE MAN EXPERIENCE THE SAME FREAKING GROWING PAINS AS EVERY OTHER PLAYER HAS INCLUDING BRYANT. 

Sorry

I read this in a screaming voice inside my head. You're playing mind games with me.

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

NO NO NO NO NO. BRYANT IS GONE. YOU GUYS GOTTA GROW THE **** UP AND LET THE MAN EXPERIENCE THE SAME FREAKING GROWING PAINS AS EVERY OTHER PLAYER HAS INCLUDING BRYANT. 

Sorry

I never saw any evidence of a decline last year other than a pulled hamstring. I think Matt Bryant has 2 more good years left in him. Bryant also said he had a plan not to get injured again. Something about stretches or some kind of yoga.

15 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I never saw any evidence of a decline last year other than a pulled hamstring. I think Matt Bryant has 2 more good years left in him. Bryant also said he had a plan not to get injured again. Something about stretches or some kind of yoga.

Again let the **** man experience the same freakin growing pains as every other player. Like the thread I posted a few weeks back pointed out, Bryant didn’t crack 90% until his 10th season in the nfl. Italian will be okay. 

13 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Sorry

Don't be, needs to be said.

There have been 4-5 kickers ever who have been effective after age 45 in the NFL. Effective being a relative thing-Blanda kicked until 48, but was in the 60% range last 2 years. 

Thinking Bryant will automatically be Matty Ice at age 45 just isn't realistic.

2 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Was gonna post something but can't improve on this one.

:tiphat:

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

Don't be, needs to be said.

There have been 4-5 kickers ever who have been effective after age 45 in the NFL. Effective being a relative thing-Blanda kicked until 48, but was in the 60% range last 2 years. 

Thinking Bryant will automatically be Matty Ice at age 45 just isn't realistic.

It’s not even that man. Georgio deserves his chance just as anyone else. The overreactions have been unreal. Funny how peeps wanna continue to give Vic and others a chance but want this guy gone after clutching it out to end last season but struggling during the preseason. 

Then need I even mention the fact that Bryant hasn’t been called by a single team at this point. You even have kickers getting traded while he’s sitting home on his couch. But let’s not take that into an ounce of consideration 

We will never be able to move on from Bosher if we keep Bryant around as the latter will never agree to doing kickoffs.

Giorgio has 2 more preseason games to prove himself and probably 1-2 regular season games.  As long as he is making everything inside the 50 yard line and extra points, they will probably not replace him too quick.