Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mqg96

I'm not even worried about preseason losses anymore.

You know what I'm worried about the most at this point? Since our loss to the Chargers in 2016, we've literally lost every AFC game in the preseason and regular season except for the Jets on the road in 2017. Seriously. Since the 2016 Chargers, that's 10 AFC losses out of our last 11 AFC games, and if you throw in our 11 straight preseason losses (only one of those was against a NFC team) so that's 10 AFC preseason losses added on. We've lost a total of 20 of our last 21 games to AFC opponents in the preseason and regular season combined. YIKES, and the 2019 version of the AFC South will be tougher than the 2011 and 2015 AFC South divisions we faced. You already know it. Road games against the Colts and Texans will be brutal, but the Titans and Jaguars shouldn't be hard right? Oh wait, we've lost all of our home games vs AFC opponents since 2013 except for the 2015 Texans. In order for the Falcons to win the Super Bowl they have to beat an AFC opponent right? 

I mean seriously. Since most of our preseason games are against AFC opponents, I'm starting to wonder if our preseason losses have more to do with our horrors against the AFC the last few years. Was it the Chargers loss in 2016 or the Super Bowl collapse against the Patriots? I don't know what started this BS, but you could even go back to 2013 when our frequent home losses to the AFC started, and that started against the Patriots too lol. 

7 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

I mean seriously. Since most of our preseason games are against AFC opponents, I'm starting to wonder if our preseason losses have more to do with our horrors against the AFC the last few years. Was it the Chargers loss in 2016 or the Super Bowl collapse against the Patriots? I don't know what started this BS, but you could even go back to 2013 when our frequent home losses to the AFC started, and that started against the Patriots too lol. 

Our helplessness against AFC teams goes back years. Thinking back, de we have a winning record against any AFC team? Have we ever beaten more than one AFC team in an entire season? Like ever?

How we do vs the AFC will provide a good litmus test of how far we're going to go this season.

10 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Our helplessness against AFC teams goes back years. Thinking back, de we have a winning record against any AFC team? Have we ever beaten more than one AFC team in an entire season? Like ever?

How we do vs the AFC will provide a good litmus test of how far we're going to go this season.

In 2015 in Dan Quinn's 1st season, we went 3-1 vs the AFC South (yes it was a weak division but at this point I'd appreciate any AFC win we used to have), and in 2012 we swept the AFC West including those 13-3 Broncos led by Peyton Manning. The last time we beat more than one AFC team was in 2016 in our Super Bowl year, going 2-2 vs the AFC West, 2 AFC road wins but 2 AFC home losses.