Quinnen Williams destroying some of our OL

Ergo Proxy

Work to do for sure.

They create a lot of chaos around the A gap and Quinnen Williams is the central piece for all that. Very nice break down.Jamon Brown allows Williams into his chest when you got a stud rusher like this I think you have to forget what is around you and take care of what’s in front of you.As soon as Brown allowed Williams that initial punch it was game over.

I thought the Matthews call was correct if you have a look at the left arm it’s hooked in there pretty good stopping Williams from getting round the corner.

8 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Work to do for sure.

They create a lot of chaos around the A gap and Quinnen Williams is the central piece for all that. Very nice break down.Jamon Brown allows Williams into his chest when you got a stud rusher like this I think you have to forget what is around you and take care of what’s in front of you.As soon as Brown allowed Williams that initial punch it was game over.

I thought the Matthews call was correct if you have a look at the left arm it’s hooked in there pretty good stopping Williams from getting round the corner.

While Quinnen does push back Brown at the snap it looks like Matthews stepped on his foot.

Edited by falconsfan4life3

8 minutes ago, emc008 said:

Quinnen Williams will go down as a great... sheesh his strength and hand placement are absurd with raw power to expend....Ugh too bad it woulda been too expensive to trade up for him. 

Maybe if we had been willing to lose a couple of games after stinking up the joint all year anyway...

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

The most part out of those reps I noticed was Brown lost the battle because Williams got the initial punch and got his hands inside from what I could see.

I was saying and seeing the same thing. Hand fighting needs to be improved on. Ty lost a couple reps because the dudes hand were chopping like Ehonda on street fighter. 

4 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Also Lindstrom took some lumps aswell.

The missed Safety stunt and he to got blown up by Williams when they tried to go with that zone run by Smith.

Mack as always will be key here he’s the only one you can put house money on in the middle of our line.

He did take some lumps, but he was driving guys in the ground next play, thought for sure would be a penalty

2 hours ago, Gold4425 said:

The pressure is on our OL Coach. He had to do a better job coaching our OL up!

I think if they had of game planned the Jets they would have identified tendencies.Im not to sure if they do too much of that pre season.

What it does do by attacking the A gaps is a great way to nullify Matt Ryan and it makes our offense more lateral.

14 hours ago, emc008 said:

Quinnen Williams will go down as a great... sheesh his strength and hand placement are absurd with raw power to expend....Ugh too bad it woulda been too expensive to trade up for him. 

Would love to have gotten him in the draft,, But I knew we couldn't get him for the price it would have taken... But I really did want us to trade up two spots and get Christian Wilkins.. AAMOF ,, i think Quinn tried to trade up to get him and couldn't get a team willing to...I think they knew the value of the DTs in this last draft.. I would love to have gotten Christian. I know Williams will probably be a little better, but we didn't have any kind chance to get him.. But Wilkins will be right there with him as far as production goes,, Wilkins IMO will probably have more sacks because he is more mobile .